British 15's - Discussion thread

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

E.G Hawka. He only traded to me because I begged him for days lol

BB67th

I would probably be against another trade period. I think everyone has had enough time to trade if they want to now, and for those who have been inactive, well it's bad luck, they knew when the trade periods would be on, and they chose not to be around then.

kilbluff1985

Regarding the inactive people it affects everyone not just them

picker_man

Dont see the point in voting against a trade period if a few coaches wanna trade more then let em, It doesnt have to effect you  at all as you dont have to trade if you dont wanna...

ossie85

Quote from: picker_man on February 15, 2013, 06:55:00 PM
Dont see the point in voting against a trade period if a few coaches wanna trade more then let em, It doesnt have to effect you  at all as you dont have to trade if you dont wanna...

I really disagree with that logic. Roger Federer hates that you can appeal decisions in tennis now, but he uses them because otherwise he'd be disadvantaged. That logic applies here also.

picker_man

Quote from: ossie85 on February 15, 2013, 08:22:31 PM

I really disagree with that logic. Roger Federer hates that you can appeal decisions in tennis now, but he uses them because otherwise he'd be disadvantaged. That logic applies here also.

I dont think that logic appears here at all. Someone may not want to trade as there happy with there team so there not disadvantaging themselves by not trading, Hardly any trades are 100% equal so one team is more often then not disadvantaged by making a trade and  in tennis using the appeal decision is to determine who may win the point, not using your trades does not determine if your team will win more games

ossie85

Quote from: picker_man on February 15, 2013, 08:38:13 PM

I dont think that logic appears here at all. Someone may not want to trade as there happy with there team so there not disadvantaging themselves by not trading, Hardly any trades are 100% equal so one team is more often then not disadvantaged by making a trade and  in tennis using the appeal decision is to determine who may win the point, not using your trades does not determine if your team will win more games

If anyone is being disadvantaged by a trade, they shouldn't be doing it. Every trade should advantage everybody (some more than others for sure) otherwise why make the trade :).  Unless your team is perfect, you can always benefit by trading.

But this is just my opinion, happy to go with whatever Ringo decides - especially since I'm not an official coach lol

picker_man

Quote from: ossie85 on February 15, 2013, 08:48:17 PM
Quote from: picker_man on February 15, 2013, 08:38:13 PM

If anyone is being disadvantaged by a trade, they shouldn't be doing it. Every trade should advantage everybody (some more than others for sure) otherwise why make the trade :).  Unless your team is perfect, you can always benefit by trading.

But this is just my opinion, happy to go with whatever Ringo decides - especially since I'm not an official coach lol

You will be an official coach im sure ;) have you seen some trades that go through there is no way you could say that both teams gained an advantage from it, why some coaches do those trades i dont know but they do happen.

kilbluff1985

I think people's options on players differ so not everyone will like the trade but the person doing it might rate the player more then others

Justin Bieber

If you check the Asian board and the trades there... Lol.

Toga

Quote from: whatlez on February 15, 2013, 11:02:51 PM
If you check the Asian board and the trades there... Lol.

+1 lol getting hectic :P

kilbluff1985

Sid not been on for nearly a month :o

Ringo

Another item for discussion -

With the split Rounds of the competition Rds 1,5 and 14 do we need Partial lockouts or just have Total lockout.

If implemented Partial lockout will apply to players only Captain and V/C will need to be set at initial lock out. Loophole can not be used for emergencies.

Thoughts

kilbluff1985

yeah rolling sounds good

any develepment on the trade period Ringo? looking likely/unlikely?

ossie85