British 15's - Discussion thread

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

elephants

kilbluff1985

Hey Ringo have a question mate

I have 3 guys currently on my rookie list and want to keep them all however will prob want to use two picks in the rookie draft so question is can players drafted in the Rookie draft be put on the Senior list straight away? or will i have to promote 1 or 2 of the rookies i want to keep to the senior list in the NAT draft? to be able to use 2 picks in the rookie draft?

Ringo

As the rules stand at the moment If you want to use 2 picks in the rookie draft you will either have to delist another rookie or promote one to your Senior list using a National draft pick.

This is one rule that I am looking at for next year but at the moment do not know how to improve it.  Please feel free to offer suggestions on this in the 2013 Review thread,

PowerBug

One improvement that I remember from Worlds was that when you skipped a pick in the NAT draft, it would then go to the rookie draft. By being able to do that, I'd have some more options. Currently I have Tunbridge and three vacancies. I can't upgrade tunbridge otherwise I'd be one short and I can't trade away a rookie pick and pick up someone and then pass one of my NAT draft picks to use for my rookie list.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Ringo

Quote from: PowerBug on October 16, 2013, 09:02:12 AM
One improvement that I remember from Worlds was that when you skipped a pick in the NAT draft, it would then go to the rookie draft. By being able to do that, I'd have some more options. Currently I have Tunbridge and three vacancies. I can't upgrade tunbridge otherwise I'd be one short and I can't trade away a rookie pick and pick up someone and then pass one of my NAT draft picks to use for my rookie list.
Just to explain PB based on current rules you still have the option to upgrade Turnbridge to your senior list using a national Draft pick.  Whilst there is only 3 rounds for rookie draft there will be a supplementary round with order to be determined by administrator for a 4th pick to complete rookie lists for teams that do not have 4 rookies listed.

Trust that explains for you.

PowerBug

Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nige

Quote from: vinny on October 16, 2013, 08:08:28 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 16, 2013, 08:01:18 PM
Quote from: vinny on October 16, 2013, 07:49:54 PM
Where can you guys see Owls finishing?

We have picks #7 & #9 remember.

Because two first year players are really gonna help your ladder position.  ::)

:(

At #7 & #9 this year in the actual draft were Vlastuin and Wines.

In BXV draft: Grundy and Stringer.

They would help any teams ladder position.

(Okay sorry, no more Ringo.)

To be fair though, I'd be slightly worried if they were in your best XV.

Vinny

Why? They are top picks for a reason.

kilbluff1985

Yeah but depends who pick with them and which clubs the players are at some rookies are AFL ready but many are not I wouldn't be relying on them to be in your best XV in there first year just look at O'Rourke in my team pick 3 in AFL not done anything yet

Vinny

Yeah I know mate. We aren't relying on them to be in our XV. We have other players to play. I mean 7 and 9 can effect our position on the ladder. If they kill it, we play them. Obviously we gotta pick well first though.

Justin Bieber

Ollie Wines was in my Asisn team for most of last season and Mayes was a starter in my British team. He was pretty much my #1 forward.

So Nigey your comments suck

kilbluff1985

Quote from: whatlez on October 16, 2013, 09:11:31 PM
Ollie Wines was in my Asisn team for most of last season and Mayes was a starter in my British team. He was pretty much my #1 forward.

So Nigey your comments suck

Wines was considered AFL ready though before he got drafted

only 3 or 4 of last years top 20 in the AFL NAT draft had decent first years Wines, Mayes, Vlastuin and maybe Whitfield the rest you would be worried if they were in your best XV

Vinny

Yeah but you would think with two top picks I could get a good player or two that will help our ladder position.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: vinny on October 16, 2013, 09:53:27 PM
Yeah but you would think with two top picks I could get a good player or two that will help our ladder position.

Maybe you ladder position if your fighting for 15th :P

Top 8 teams wont be relying on draft picks ;)