British 15's - Discussion thread

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2013, 05:23:01 PM
yeah Ringo i'd get on the front foot PM the handful of coaches that are not active tell them they need to be more active or atleast respond to PM's if they don't improve just sack them

think this is a very important step in order to make this comp successful imo

if they cant take the time to explain why they wont be on or inactive then well.....
Yes I would probably agree with this. I know we went through a bit a while ago, but I think we have all worked hard to get the competition to where it is now and we need some dedicated coaches to see it through.

Ringo

Using the discussion thread to get your ideas on the rule I am proposing for rookies.

Will not be offended if you shoot arrows through it as I see the British as your comp as well and although I have final say will put things out in this thread for discussion.

Rules for Rookies:
1. Each list to comprise 4 Rookie listed players,
2. Rookies can be promoted when a Long term injury has been notified, Rookie promotion to be notified to Administrator for confirmation.
3, Any time after Round 13 one Rookie may be promoted to Senior list,  Rookie promotion to be notified to Administrator for confirmation.

At conclusion of Season you may promote rookies to your senior list but they will count as a list movement,  (To offset this I am proposing to have trade period 1 (of which this is part) capped at 15 list movements and trade period 2 at 8.

You may choose to delist rookies.  All delistings to be confirmed prior to National Draft.

Lists will be retained at 45 with 41 Senior Listed Players and 4 rookies.

For Draft Periods
National Draft you will draft players till your list reaches 41, 
Rookie Draft you will draft till you have 4 rookie listed players.

Thoughts appreciated and also if not clear,

Ringo

Another item for discussion.

For those that are involved in Worlds you will note an Idol proposal.

For British I am Proposing we have a Knockout King.
Will be run as follows:
Each week the team of the Lowest scoring coach will be eliminated.
For the first 10 rounds Top team will be safe from elimination the following week.  Should this occur 2nd bottom team will be eliminated.
Winner will be known after Round 18.

Just a little extra for comments.

BB67th

My thoughts on the rookie system.

-Rookies should be allowed to be temporarily promoted when a long term injury has occurred, when the injured player comes back, the rookie goes back to the rookie list.
-How does the promoting after round 13 work? Does this mean you swap a player from the senior to the rookie list for good to keep the numbers even? Or do you then get 42 on the senior list and 3 on the rookie list?
-I think the only way you should be able to put rookies on the senior list for good is to upgrade them through the national draft.

kilbluff1985

i like it all but 15 list movements is to many imo people are not going to promote all rookies and even then will still have 11 movements i think 10 is enough not 15

yeah like everything else but you should define LTI like 4 weeks+ or something

BB67th

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 09, 2013, 03:54:44 PM
i like it all but 15 list movements is to many imo people are not going to promote all rookies and even then will still have 11 movements i think 10 is enough not 15

yeah like everything else but you should define LTI like 4 weeks+ or something
I think LTI is defined as when a player is moved to a LTI list in the AFL, you can do it in the British XVs as well.

nrich102

15 list movements is way to many imo. I think we should promote 1 rookie upgraded after round 13 and temporarily promote 1 rookie per LTI. All the other rookies should be upgraded at the national draft like in AFL, so say we add another round into the national draft.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on February 09, 2013, 04:06:25 PM
15 list movements is way to many imo. I think we should promote 1 rookie upgraded after round 13 and temporarily promote 1 rookie per LTI. All the other rookies should be upgraded at the national draft like in AFL, so say we add another round into the national draft.

wow think that's the longest post i seen from you lol

Justin Bieber

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 09, 2013, 04:11:37 PM

LOL

+1

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on February 09, 2013, 08:41:20 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 09, 2013, 04:11:37 PM

LOL

+1

I see what you did there.

Toga

Just letting you know guys since picker_man has been a bit more inactive over the last week than usual you can also contact me about trades/other happenings if need be. :)

Ringo

Quote from: Ringo on February 09, 2013, 03:49:16 PM
Another item for discussion.

For those that are involved in Worlds you will note an Idol proposal.

For British I am Proposing we have a Knockout King.
Will be run as follows:
Each week the team of the Lowest scoring coach will be eliminated.
For the first 10 rounds Top team will be safe from elimination the following week.  Should this occur 2nd bottom team will be eliminated.
Winner will be known after Round 18.

Just a little extra for comments.
Can I have some comments on this proposal as well please to see whether we make it a goer for the season.  An additional trophy for your cabinet.

Justin Bieber

I like the idea. Nothing else to say. Just another trophy for the Badgers ;)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: whatlez on February 11, 2013, 05:35:47 PM
I like the idea. Nothing else to say. Just another trophy for the Badgers ;)

dreaming......

i pretty much go with the the flow Ringo

MTTY

Happy with all items of discussion, great work Ringo!  :)