British 15's - Discussion thread

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

that is funny. (the avatar)

Seems Ringo is on top of it all anyway, he may just need a volunteer to assist him when he cant be on, updating picks, lists trades and whatever else is required.

Jay

You know what, I will put my hand up to help Ringo out in Spink's absence. I am active enough and should be able to take care of stuff like updating picks and listing trades. Up to you lot though :)

BB67th

Well I have nothing to do for like 2 months now, so I can help as well if it is needed in any way. Just tell me what I would need to do and I am happy to help. I don't mind doing organising and running drafts and stuff, its fun to have power ;)

picker_man

Looks like two more then capable guys in Jay and BB available to run a trade period for next 6 days ;D

kilbluff1985

Quote from: picker_man on December 06, 2012, 10:44:33 PM
Looks like two more then capable guys in Jay and BB available to run a trade period for next 6 days ;D

we are in a trade period right now? thought it wasnt until the 27th :P

Ringo

Thanks Jay and BB.  One thing that needs to be done and I am open to suggestions from you both is to ascertain what players are still left over from the drafts. so we can list them for the next draft.  This will make it a little easier on coaches.

Had thought of using the Asians thread and doing a cross reference to the British Draft.  The British draft did not have an initial list whereas Asians did.  Individual team threads are not up to date either which would assist.

As far as I know we are not in a trade period currently due to proximity of draft.  However if the majority want a a trade period to expire on Monday night at 8:00pm happy to arrange. Only issue will be trades committee approval.

Do not forget my post a few up detailing draft picks.

picker_man

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 06, 2012, 10:46:57 PM
Quote from: picker_man on December 06, 2012, 10:44:33 PM

we are in a trade period right now? thought it wasnt until the 27th :P

and you wanted a company car :o were not currently in a trade period it opens up after the rookie draft which is on the 12th i think :P and ive used all my 10 list movements over the two trade periods already and im bored so keen to trade more :D

kilbluff1985

hey i was just reading the dates in the date thread thingy

yeah i wouldnt mind getting our trade confirmed/accepted officially lol

Ringo

To clarify as I think people are being confused by trading and Draft:

The Rookie Draft will commence on December 12th at 8am.

There will be 3 rounds of regular selections, followed by as many additional rounds as are necessary to replace players lost to retirement or delisting. These picks will continue to be taken in the same snaked order as the rookie draft until each team meets its required size of 46.

Following the completion of this rookie draft the next trade period will open up.

BB67th

Quote from: Ringo on December 06, 2012, 10:53:02 PM
Thanks Jay and BB.  One thing that needs to be done and I am open to suggestions from you both is to ascertain what players are still left over from the drafts. so we can list them for the next draft.  This will make it a little easier on coaches.

Had thought of using the Asians thread and doing a cross reference to the British Draft.  The British draft did not have an initial list whereas Asians did.  Individual team threads are not up to date either which would assist.

As far as I know we are not in a trade period currently due to proximity of draft.  However if the majority want a a trade period to expire on Monday night at 8:00pm happy to arrange. Only issue will be trades committee approval.

Looking through for who is not picked, there is the list on the front page of the national draft of players not picked by club. Kilbluff has a post a few up in this thread with the last round of picks in the national draft I can also cross off. Then I can go through all those remaining on the list and check that none of them have been drafted at all. How does that sound?

Ringo

Quote from: BB67th on December 06, 2012, 11:04:29 PM

Looking through for who is not picked, there is the list on the front page of the national draft of players not picked by club. Kilbluff has a post a few up in this thread with the last round of picks in the national draft I can also cross off. Then I can go through all those remaining on the list and check that none of them have been drafted at all. How does that sound?
I have updated KB's list in the National Draft thread but just concerned a player or 2 may have been missed.  Just the analytical mind in me coming out. Just looking at how to double check.  Concern I have there is 71players on the list so to ensure we can get our full quota of players. If 71 is correct then we will need at least another 47 players to be rookie listed or delisted players picked up to enable all teams to be filled.   

Jay

Im keen to take care of the trade period after the rookie draft 8)

BB67th

Quote from: Ringo on December 06, 2012, 11:13:53 PM

I have updated KB's list in the National Draft thread but just concerned a player or 2 may have been missed.  Just the analytical mind in me coming out. Just looking at how to double check.  Concern I have there is 71players on the list so to ensure we can get our full quota of players. If 71 is correct then we will need at least another 47 players to be rookie listed or delisted players picked up to enable all teams to be filled.   
Let me cross reference if the numbers are correct using the Asian draft lists. This number of 71 only includes players currently on a list, yes?

Ringo

Quote from: BB67th on December 06, 2012, 11:17:40 PM

Let me cross reference if the numbers are correct using the Asian draft lists. This number of 71 only includes players currently on a list, yes?
Yes BB so does not include club de listed players who may be picked up by other clubs eg Hudson to Pies.   You can check the Rookie trade thread and compo picks to pick up de listed players if necessary.

BB67th

Quote from: Ringo on December 06, 2012, 11:22:12 PM
Quote from: BB67th on December 06, 2012, 11:17:40 PM

Yes BB so does not include club de listed players who may be picked up by other clubs eg Hudson to Pies.   You can check the Rookie trade thread and compo picks to pick up de listed players if necessary.
I am fairly sure that your numbers are correct there Ringo and those 71 remaining are all that have not been picked up. I might do another look through tomorrow though, just to be sure of this.