British 15's - Official Draft

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: whatlez on August 12, 2012, 10:56:40 PM
Why don't we play 16 teams?

Take out Nails and Torp and we will be done by the end of week. ::)
Have you noticed that you are the only one complaining lez?? ::) At least eveyrone else that is online and is unhappyhas kept quiet about it. You just can't shut up can you?? ::)

Colliwobblers

that would be the "prefered" method of the ASIAN draft , referred to as a live draft, everyone on and picks taken in 1-5 minute intervals.

getting 16-18 coaches online at the same time however is all but impossible so most likely it will be done like this and the other two worlds drafts were done.

there will be rules and limits and they will be enforced but the slow draft seems the only viable way it can happen.

As long as people aren't taking the piss and deliberately taking thier time, the rest will just have to be patient.

off topic i know but for those entering the asian comp we will sort all the rules including the draft limits out in another 12 days and in 14 days after that it will all be finalised set in stone and we can begin drafting all over again.

PowerBug

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 12, 2012, 11:04:29 PM
that would be the "prefered" method of the ASIAN draft , referred to as a live draft, everyone on and picks taken in 1-5 minute intervals.
As i may have already said, i'm not for this as it will rush people, and i don't want to hear people whinging after the draft saying they were rushed.

getting 16-18 coaches online at the same time however is all but impossible so most likely it will be done like this and the other two worlds drafts were done.
It will be difficult, but not impossible, we've gotten 10 picks done in quick time before during this draft. :)

there will be rules and limits and they will be enforced but the slow draft seems the only viable way it can happen.
The 24hr rule is the best option, anything shorter is probably not fair, as some may actually not have the time to come online for 12hrs for example.

As long as people aren't taking the piss and deliberately taking thier time, the rest will just have to be patient.
Are you implying that we deliberately take our time?? I hope not because we certainly don't. Only feels like it because of cry baby who can't shut up.

Noz

Oxford Owls would like to announce young gun Lewis Johnston as its most recent recruit.

Justin Bieber

I do not care pickers took 22 hours. His computer is broken, he could barely send me a message...

He had reasons, you were online doing shower all and then take a full day where everyone is online and a whole round would be completed by now.

I do not care if you take a while and you havent been online, wat annoys me is that you are on chat, but choose to not pick.

I know other people are frustrated, but do not want to say any thing, but I do not give a shower and will say what I want.

Like I said, if I didn't send the hundreds of PMs I doubt we would even have a full starting squad at this time ::)

PowerBug

Quote from: whatlez on August 12, 2012, 11:10:08 PM
I do not care pickers took 22 hours. His computer is broken, he could barely send me a message...
That is fari enough, and Nails bought up pickers not me. ;)

He had reasons, you were online doing shower all and then take a full day where everyone is online and a whole round would be completed by now.
But i already mentioned that the pick won't be coming until after 9:30pm (your time) to Nails, so anything i do beforehand should be discarded because i said when i'll be on for a suffice amount of time to discuss a pick. :)

I do not care if you take a while and you havent been online, wat annoys me is that you are on chat, but choose to not pick.
Once again, as i said to Colli; we are not picking out of spite, of course we want the draft to move along, and we are taking the right amount of time to make sure we get the right pick. As i've already said aswell, this round came upon us very quickly and we never got around to discussing our current picks beforehand. :)

I know other people are frustrated, but do not want to say any thing, but I do not give a shower and will say what I want.
That is because they actually understand that it will take time to do the draft and it won't take 1 week to finish.

Like I said, if I didn't send the hundreds of PMs I doubt we would even have a full starting squad at this time ::)
I don't think that is a very relevant comment.

JBs-Hawks

I agree with whatlez if your online you should pick, I'd much rather see a 1 .hr online rule implemented than he 24 .hr rule.

Anyways so that hawka stops stealing my young hawks I take Thomas Schneider

Colliwobblers

@ PB

I was not implying you were doing anything....

seems to be a bit of tension around here regarding picks.

my point you quoted was general in nature and "was unless people are deliberately taking thier time for a joke or to annoy someone" then the rest just have to be patient..

aimed more at calming everyone down certainly not aimed at having a go at anyone or accusing anyone of anything... ok.

probably need to calm down - EVERYONE - we will get this done eventually, preferably at the end of it all we are all still friends :)

@ Whatlez, give them a break :)  and we do or we SHOULD all appreciate your (whatlez) activity in this thread and competition, your only ever trying to get things moving, you PM people when they are up, and provide banter when we are all bored from waiting :) waiting can be frustrating but don't want to see everyone fighting , all good people here, most of the time :)

@ Noz - good pick - 2008 pick 12, an adelaide boy tippetts guarnateed replacement ! watch this space, was elite at u18 level in contested marks, led the next best comer in the comp by 6 in contested marks with 16!

@ Jbs Hawks - both rules sound good to me, but being online and being available to pick may not always be the same thing...

Noz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 12, 2012, 11:23:10 PM

@ Noz - good pick - 2008 pick 12, an adelaide boy tippetts guarnateed replacement ! watch this space, was elite at u18 level in contested marks, led the next best comer in the comp by 6 in contested marks with 16!

Excatly why i took him he has been dominate most games this season in the SANFL, Tippett wants to leave and should. Johnston looms as the perfect replacement and now having both Johnston and Walker in my team my forwards are looking strong.

PowerBug

@ PB

I was not implying you were doing anything....

seems to be a bit of tension around here regarding picks.

my point you quoted was general in nature and "was unless people are deliberately taking thier time for a joke or to annoy someone" then the rest just have to be patient..

aimed more at calming everyone down certainly not aimed at having a go at anyone or accusing anyone of anything... ok.
Yep, ok. I get you mate. :)

probably need to calm down - EVERYONE - we will get this done eventually, preferably at the end of it all we are all still friends :)
Of course, and the draft will get done. :)

@ Whatlez, give them a break :)  and we do or we SHOULD all appreciate your (whatlez) activity in this thread and competition, your only ever trying to get things moving, you PM people when they are up, and provide banter when we are all bored from waiting :) waiting can be frustrating but don't want to see everyone fighting , all good people here, most of the time :)
Not saying that his work is bad, but goes overboard way too much.

@ Jbs Hawks - both rules sound good to me, but being online and being available to pick may not always be the same thing...
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 12, 2012, 11:21:15 PM
I agree with whatlez if your online you should pick, I'd much rather see a 1 .hr online rule implemented than he 24 .hr rule.
On this one, when the 24hr rule is in place, the 2 hr since logging in whilst your pick rule also comes in, as they are together. :)

Nails

wat annoys me is that you are on chat, but choose to not pick.

We didn't even take 10 hours

We don't choose not to pick, we spend time discussing who to pick and agree not to pick until both of us are happy.

You are hardly the reason this draft moves so quickly, you haven't pm'd me about my picks hardly ever, one of the times you complained PB and I took so long was because NO-ONE pm'd us, and it was one of the few times PB and I had hardly been on.

Colliwobblers

i'll have to be careful now then :)

watching pre-season NFl games while i'm online now most of the time, gearing up for the NFL season since my AFL fantasy season is in tatters :)

Noz

Quote from: MTTY on August 12, 2012, 07:24:53 PM
Announcement

At the close of this round, the 24 hour rule will come into effect.

MTTY has already cleared everything up. This is a lot better then a 1 hour rule in my opinion as myself and many others have work commitments (School in other cases)

I would encourage everyone to make a list of upcoming players they would want just incase there pick comes around faster than expected, Also if you know your pick is coming up and you are going to school/work that day unable to make your pick, simply private message a trusted FF member and their are many around.

@CW Cant wait for the NFL season to begin and the EPL for that matter.

Scrads

Quote from: Noz on August 12, 2012, 11:35:18 PM
Quote from: MTTY on August 12, 2012, 07:24:53 PM
Announcement

At the close of this round, the 24 hour rule will come into effect.

MTTY has already cleared everything up. This is a lot better then a 1 hour rule in my opinion as myself and many others have work commitments (School in other cases)

I would encourage everyone to make a list of upcoming players they would want just incase there pick comes around faster than expected, Also if you know your pick is coming up and you are going to school/work that day unable to make your pick, simply private message a trusted FF member and their are many around.

@CW Cant wait for the NFL season to begin and the EPL for that matter.

Pfft. NBA is where its at ;)

Noz

NBA too just more excited for NFL and EPL  :D