British 15's - Official Draft

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ringo on August 11, 2012, 12:00:23 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 11, 2012, 11:58:08 AM
pickers is up.
Have pmd him - Hope you have your 2 picks ready. I have still no idea on my next pick doing some research now.
I have to go soon and won't be back for about 3 hrs so if pickers doesn't pick soon........ :-\

Nails

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 11, 2012, 12:10:14 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 11, 2012, 12:00:23 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 11, 2012, 11:58:08 AM
pickers is up.
Have pmd him - Hope you have your 2 picks ready. I have still no idea on my next pick doing some research now.
I have to go soon and won't be back for about 3 hrs so if pickers doesn't pick soon........ :-\

inbox me your picks. Prob best to send me 3 in case pickers takes one.

Justin Bieber

Nails

It's Torp, what do you think? ::)

Justin Bieber

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Holzman on August 11, 2012, 03:55:56 AM
should be no compo picks for retring players, I will probaby have the most of any but if a player you picks retires than thats bad luck and/or bad picking

I agree 100% but don't think everyone else does

Justin Bieber

Yeah I agree. Only get compo if they get delisted maybe...

Hawka

Yea compo if they get delisted
we can almost call the retirements but not many of the delistings

Holz

What actually are the compo picks are they just draft picks after the 5th round. If its just that I'm OK with it

monstrum

Quote from: Holzman on August 11, 2012, 01:48:57 PM
What actually are the compo picks are they just draft picks after the 5th round. If its just that I'm OK with it

i thought we were just getting an extra pick from the remaining players once the draft is finished, in order to keep ur list equal in numbers with everyone...

so this would deter ppl from picking retiring players just to get draft picks

BB67th

Quote from: monstrum on August 11, 2012, 01:59:04 PM
Quote from: Holzman on August 11, 2012, 01:48:57 PM

i thought we were just getting an extra pick from the remaining players once the draft is finished, in order to keep ur list equal in numbers with everyone...

so this would deter ppl from picking retiring players just to get draft picks
This would probably work better.

Ringo

I have been trying to find where it was but I remember reading somewhere that this was the process

We select 39 players from this Draft
4 players only from the National Draft - (Left over players not included in this draft)
3 players from the Rookie Draft (All left over players included in this draft)

At the conclusion of the selection of the 46 players then any club that has players that have retired or delisted players not picked up by other clubs they then have picks to bring their squad to 46.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on August 11, 2012, 03:05:04 PM
I have been trying to find where it was but I remember reading somewhere that this was the process

We select 39 players from this Draft
4 players only from the National Draft - (Left over players not included in this draft)
3 players from the Rookie Draft (All left over players included in this draft)

At the conclusion of the selection of the 46 players then any club that has players that have retired or delisted players not picked up by other clubs they then have picks to bring their squad to 46.

that all sounds very reasonable

MTTY

To clear things up as it stands you will receive a compo pick in the rookie draft (at the end of it). So there is really no point in picking players that will retire to get an advantage.

This may change if the rules comission decides upon doing so, but i think the above is suitable.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: MTTY on August 11, 2012, 03:47:39 PM
To clear things up as it stands you will receive a compo pick in the rookie draft (at the end of it). So there is really no point in picking players that will retire to get an advantage.

This may change if the rules comission decides upon doing so, but i think the above is suitable.

sounds right as it is , but to be fair to them allowing players to be drafted from the leftovers of THIS draft, as Ringo said may be better for them than just what is left at the end of the rookie draft (from the rookie draft pool)....?