British 15's - Official Draft

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Quote from: Scrads on August 08, 2012, 12:38:51 PM
Why draft now all the people who won't even be on a list next year ? Surely it could wait until lists are finalised for 2013 so you can only draft people who are at least certain to be on a list. Even if it is the form of a PSD or something.
If a player is delisted, then that team will receive compensation in some form through a PSD or RD. MTTY decided to come up with this comp during this season, so we decided to run with it now. All issues will be worked out.

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 08, 2012, 12:47:44 PM
Quote from: Scrads on August 08, 2012, 12:38:51 PM
Why draft now all the people who won't even be on a list next year ? Surely it could wait until lists are finalised for 2013 so you can only draft people who are at least certain to be on a list. Even if it is the form of a PSD or something.
If a player is delisted, then that team will receive compensation in some form through a PSD or RD. MTTY decided to come up with this comp during this season, so we decided to run with it now. All issues will be worked out.
Yep, i asked this question about 3 rounds ago coz i saw the problem. :) MTTY seems to have an answer.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on August 08, 2012, 12:12:53 PM
It's a bit of a joke you guys are picking 39 players (if true). AFL senior lists are only 38 players so automatically even if you pick all the senior list players you will still need to pick some rookie listed players too. A fair few players getting picked over the next 13 round are going to he delisted/retired anyway. This comp only needs 15 players to field a team, you have the national draft players and rookie draft players coming why do you need such an excess of players ?

I wouldnt say a joke but I would prfer a smaller cap, in the euro we have the lowest cap. The result was yes a few teams struggled to name a squad, but it punished those who went risky picks (mainly me) and now in the rookie draft there are lots of good players to pick from. But 39 players is ok its just a different version of the game.

Holz

BB and I perhaps too overconfident with our squad and feel we are safe so its time for boom or bust picks.

With that in mind we will take this guy.

Viv Michie

picker_man

Holz

Quote from: picker_man on August 08, 2012, 05:16:23 PM
:-[ never heard of him haha

if your not from the west im not suprised. Has never played an afl game, injuries has stuffed the start of his career.

nostradamus

Quote from: Noz on August 08, 2012, 09:11:17 AM
Won't be at Port next year probably won't even be playing AFL.

that might depend on whether buddha gives him a go

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on August 08, 2012, 05:20:51 PM

if your not from the west im not suprised. Has never played an afl game, injuries has stuffed the start of his career.

just looked him up i like the pick, will be watching out for Viv's debut  :)

Justin Bieber

Hurry up Elephants!! Spite or Ricochet.

I don't care if school hasn't finished?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ricochet

We take Ben Sinclair from Collingwood

Scrads

whatlez picks:

Nick 'Spud' Maxwell

PowerBug

Quote from: Scrads on August 08, 2012, 06:16:00 PM
whatlez picks:

Nick 'Spud' Maxwell
It's Nick "Heavy Fings" Maxwell.

Coz he can lift heavy fings.

Justin Bieber

Capper

Quote from: Holzman on August 08, 2012, 05:20:51 PM

Have been waiting for Michie and Moribito to get games for Freo. I had Michie in my team at the start of last year before dropping him before R1 as he didnt get picked

elephants

Quote from: whatlez on August 08, 2012, 05:57:32 PM
Hurry up Elephants!! Spite or Ricochet.

I don't care if school hasn't finished?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hahah settle down :P Education in the back-end of year 12 kind of outweighs a pick in a game, sorry :P