British 15's - Official Draft

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

i like to watch my fantasy players play, i have fox so i see every game, realised today i don't LIKE watching Jselwood play - that is all, would prefer a fair swap for a player i can enjoy watching play, maybe one that doesn't spend 90% of his TOG with his arms outstretched pleading with the umpire for a free kick.

suffice to say in the VS comp that rewards contested possessions there are very few better than jselwood.

Back to you monstrum :)

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2012, 09:40:07 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 28, 2012, 09:22:25 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 28, 2012, 09:21:11 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 28, 2012, 09:13:57 PM
Anyone who doubts the great man Cotchin. First quarter brilliance :D

martin not too bad either, now COTCHIN thats a worthy trade for SELWOOD :)

Even though Holz doesn't agree, but Cotchin will ave 150+ next year and even though Selwood went before Cotchin, IMO Cotchin is a far better pick :D
So whoever drafted Selwood but wants Cotchin, why didn't they draft Cotchin.....

This is why i'm against trades, coz people don't think with their draft picks.

And before you have a go at our pick; no we are not trading our No. 1 pick, coz we are happy with him. :)

Completely disagree with this. Things change during a draft, somewhere there may be a pool of forwards taken in quick succession and you may be short in the forward line because you missed the boat because you picked a gun ruck/mid/back before the rush came. Injuries can also occur. Trades are good for balancing a side.

Doesn't apply too much for the Cotchin/Selwood situation but trading to refine your team is good for the competition.

monstrum

i'll have Marley Williams, wether he's def or mid should be good for my team :)

Spinking

monstrum

PowerBug

Quote from: Scrads on July 28, 2012, 10:35:35 PM

Even though Holz doesn't agree, but Cotchin will ave 150+ next year and even though Selwood went before Cotchin, IMO Cotchin is a far better pick :D
So whoever drafted Selwood but wants Cotchin, why didn't they draft Cotchin.....

And before you have a go at our pick; no we are not trading our No. 1 pick, coz we are happy with him. :)

Completely disagree with this. Things change during a draft, somewhere there may be a pool of forwards taken in quick succession and you may be short in the forward line because you missed the boat because you picked a gun ruck/mid/back before the rush came. Injuries can also occur. Trades are good for balancing a side.
That is all part of the thought process, you need to think of what your opponents are going to take. So Nails and i didn't want to be left with a spud ruckman who only plays half the games and using mids in the rucks for the other half, so we jumped in early.

If you think about your picks, you'll draft well and with a good structure. :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: monstrum on July 28, 2012, 10:39:25 PM
what u think colli?

Williams averaged 21 disposals per game in his 13 colts appearances with WAFL side Claremont last season, averaging 7 inside 50's in three finals. He represented WA at the 2011 NAB AFL under 18 Championships and again was prominent in the forward half of the ground, averaging 16 disposals and 4 inside 50's per game. He was promoted to the WAFL seniors last season, finishing with 22 disposals on debut.

With the magnificent development at the Pies including pre-seasons in Arizona, he will be developed into a gun mid/small fwd and while he may come and go through 2013 he will be a GUN come 2014 with another 2 pre-seasons under his belt in tandem with the pies development coaching and the stars around him at the club to learn from.

so in short, i think GOOD PICK

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 28, 2012, 10:32:07 PM
i like to watch my fantasy players play, i have fox so i see every game, realised today i don't LIKE watching Jselwood play - that is all, would prefer a fair swap for a player i can enjoy watching play, maybe one that doesn't spend 90% of his TOG with his arms outstretched pleading with the umpire for a free kick.

suffice to say in the VS comp that rewards contested possessions there are very few better than jselwood.

Back to you monstrum :)

Have scooter in my dream team and he is horrible for it. Any contest his first thought is how can I collapse my knees to get the high contact

monstrum

lol cheers colli, great answer :D ... thats what i'm hoping for, he can sit in the wings for next yr no worries

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2012, 10:42:39 PM
Quote from: Scrads on July 28, 2012, 10:35:35 PM

That is all part of the thought process, you need to think of what your opponents are going to take. So Nails and i didn't want to be left with a spud ruckman who only plays half the games and using mids in the rucks for the other half, so we jumped in early.

If you think about your picks, you'll draft well and with a good structure. :)

Haha, you still did :P

But seriously, this comp is based around the AFL and the AFL has a trade period so why should it be excluded from the comp ?

Torpedo10

Quote from: ossie85 on July 28, 2012, 10:13:33 PM

Cheers Torps! Appreciate it...

Will go with LUKE RUSSELL from the Gold Coast to join the Nottingham Hoods. That guy is very much under the radar.

And in the midfield...  I'll go with a risky one (hope Fletch doesn't mind) with BRENT PRISMALL

Oz
No problem ossie. Nice picks!

Justin Bieber

Oh yeah.. Tabs said that he out and hasn't been checking much.

Not sure when he will pick, but probably tomorrow.

Capper

sorry guys again, um i guess i will take creepy Crowley if he is still there

MTTY

elephants