British 15's - Official Draft

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: MTTY on July 24, 2012, 11:00:20 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on July 24, 2012, 10:55:14 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 24, 2012, 10:52:18 PM
If cassisi retires than can I re-pick?  :-\
That is what i asked in the other thread mate. ;) so we know in advance when it arises, coz it will.

There will either be

(a) A mini draft (at the end of the AFL delistings) whereby those who have lost draft picks will get a pick (or however many they had retire/delisted) will get a pick based on the order of when the player was taken in the official draft

or

(b) Will get an extra pick in the national draft/rookie draft.
this could open a box of worms as we already know Brogan, JMAC and probably Fraser will retire at the end of the year. Does this mean if we add these people to our lists then we get extra picks??

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: MTTY on July 24, 2012, 10:45:13 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 24, 2012, 10:39:01 PM
Quote from: MTTY on July 24, 2012, 10:37:03 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 24, 2012, 10:28:55 PM
Im sure i will get a few cheers from someone for this pick.

BB and I will take a young back who has shown potential.

Tom Mcdonald

Great pick Holz.

I rate him ahead of Frawley as our best future KB.

Thanks MTTY, I didn't even know anything about him till he knocked up his ton on the weekend. Is he lcoked in the best 22 if fit? i really need him as cover all year.

Definitely in my opinion, he plays the role of third tall that marks and rebounds well. He can also play on the opposition best forward, as he did in one of his first games this year and held N.Riewoldt very well. Has great pace and good disposal.
Good disposal? Youve got to be kidding he has one of the worst disposal iv seen at afl level, yet he stills tries to kick. Id be coaching him to handball whenever possible. 

picker_man

Quote from: KoopKicka on July 25, 2012, 01:39:57 PM
This enhances your fear lez

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/142560/default.aspx

Sorry lez my man boak is commanding all this attention that they'll even drop your spud cassisi to keep him hahah :P

KoopKicka

Quote from: picker_man on July 25, 2012, 01:47:59 PM

Sorry lez my man boak is commanding all this attention that they'll even drop your spud cassisi to keep him hahah :P

I actually hope Boak goes, then Broady can shine :P

picker_man

Quote from: KoopKicka on July 25, 2012, 01:50:24 PM

Me too dnt think boaky will get to much attention at the cats, but who else would be left at port to tag besides broadbent haha??

KoopKicka

Quote from: picker_man on July 25, 2012, 01:55:28 PM

Me too dnt think boaky will get to much attention at the cats, but who else would be left at port to tag besides broadbent haha??

Hartlett? Ebert?

MTTY

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 25, 2012, 01:46:52 PM
Quote from: MTTY on July 24, 2012, 10:45:13 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 24, 2012, 10:39:01 PM
Quote from: MTTY on July 24, 2012, 10:37:03 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 24, 2012, 10:28:55 PM
Im sure i will get a few cheers from someone for this pick.

BB and I will take a young back who has shown potential.

Tom Mcdonald

Great pick Holz.

I rate him ahead of Frawley as our best future KB.

Thanks MTTY, I didn't even know anything about him till he knocked up his ton on the weekend. Is he lcoked in the best 22 if fit? i really need him as cover all year.

Definitely in my opinion, he plays the role of third tall that marks and rebounds well. He can also play on the opposition best forward, as he did in one of his first games this year and held N.Riewoldt very well. Has great pace and good disposal.
Good disposal? Youve got to be kidding he has one of the worst disposal iv seen at afl level, yet he stills tries to kick. Id be coaching him to handball whenever possible.

Ave DE% - 74.42

D - 215
HB - 118
K - 97

Seems like a pretty good kick for his first year.

picker_man

Quote from: KoopKicka on July 25, 2012, 01:57:12 PM
Quote from: picker_man on July 25, 2012, 01:55:28 PM

Hartlett? Ebert?

with the year broadbent has had id put him way ahead of them 2 in terms of who would get the tag, broady gets in and under whilst also being a way more dangerous player with ball in hand imo

cassisi will prolly one more year atleast he is only 29.....

JBs-Hawks

Well the melbourne games iv watched iv seen him numerous times turn it over trying to switch it in the defensive 50

MTTY

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 25, 2012, 02:09:27 PM
Well the melbourne games iv watched iv seen him numerous times turn it over trying to switch it in the defensive 50
So he has the occasional off game, it is expected of a first year player. Even players like D.Swallow and Coniglio have their bad kicking days, even though they are pretty decent kicks.

picker_man

Quote from: MTTY on July 25, 2012, 02:10:37 PM
So he has the occasional off game, it is expected of a first year player. Even players like D.Swallow and Coniglio have their bad kicking days, even though they are pretty decent kicks.

he was top of my def list and is only 19 so plenty of time to get his disposal efficiecy up, not that it really matters in this game....

monstrum

Boak won't go, they said the other day that he got up in front of the team and said he would be signing with the power soon, also there's this

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/cats-likely-to-lose-battle-for-travis-boak/story-e6frf9jf-1226434177833

Justin Bieber

Ok can I pick to Tom McDonald.

I didn't say Cassisi. But reading that he is going to play on just as skipper. Happened to the best of them,

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MTTY on July 25, 2012, 02:10:37 PM

Swallow can't kick for shower. Example, last weekend ::)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 25, 2012, 05:25:42 PM
Quote from: tabs on July 25, 2012, 01:43:02 PM
Quote from: MTTY on July 24, 2012, 11:00:20 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on July 24, 2012, 10:55:14 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 24, 2012, 10:52:18 PM
If cassisi retires than can I re-pick?  :-\
That is what i asked in the other thread mate. ;) so we know in advance when it arises, coz it will.

There will either be

(a) A mini draft (at the end of the AFL delistings) whereby those who have lost draft picks will get a pick (or however many they had retire/delisted) will get a pick based on the order of when the player was taken in the official draft

or

(b) Will get an extra pick in the national draft/rookie draft.
this could open a box of worms as we already know Brogan, JMAC and probably Fraser will retire at the end of the year. Does this mean if we add these people to our lists then we get extra picks??

we can't seriously be getting extra picks for delisted players in the preseason and or national draft?

this meands like now, late in the draft instead of drafting an average player, i can just draft someone who is going to retire so i get an extra gun from the national draft?

can we sort this out now so i can start drafting retirees instead of low level spuds :) and therefore get more of the cream from the national draft instead?  ::)

Maybe just retiring. I will be annoyed if Cassisi retires...