British 15's - Official Draft

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

i think if and when the new comp starts up the draft should be scheduled to happen all at once or at least in 2 or 3 blocks.

A time will be set, PLENTY of time in advance will be given for coaches to have full player list prepared and picks will be 5 minutes.

This is how all draft style football leagues are run and will ensure a rapid and orderly drafting process.

I have no problem with this one taking months as we have months but the other way of drafting with everyone online and taking picks back to back is preferable. (others may disagree)

Easy enough to pre-rank all the players by position and easy enough to delete or highlight each player as they are picked. 5 minutes might seem a long time to pick but once you get deep in the draft and have to start searching through your pre-list for the player that was picked to delete them, it will take a little longer. The first 5 or 6 or 10 rounds would be pretty easy to pick fast as the players drafted liklely come straight off the top of your lists and you will have players you want on top of your lists, but once the "obvious" picks are gone and you start draftinng the lower ranked players it would require a bit more time.

Still - it will depend on what the majority of coaches want, if a slow draft such as this is prefered so be it.

Torpedo10

Hope Nails comes on soon.  :)

Justin Bieber

I like it Cw.

We should maybe use the Ultimate footy draft and then copy the players over? That would make it easy?

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on July 02, 2012, 01:04:24 PM
I like it Cw.

We should maybe use the Ultimate footy draft and then copy the players over? That would make it easy?
Should have done this in the first place so easy, already set out for us and all we have to do is pick.

Justin Bieber

Yes, but it would be very hard to know who scores well as that scoring system isn't there.

Actually it wouldn't work, cause Ultimate footy drafts go on DT averages.

Ringo

Like the format Collie but the practicalties may be a little hard to implement.  Maybe we need to say 2 weekly draft clocks of 4 players each say a Monday and Tuesday Night, Assuming 5 minutes for each pick you would be still looking at a maximum 6 hrs draft period but by limiting it to 4 from lists would probably advance quicker.
If we were to do whole draft and using myself as an example from a couple of rounds ago lost 8 players from my list of 12.

BTW have 2 picks ready to go once Nails picks and for next round but as I am on lunch hour at the moment you may have to wait again until I get home from work.

Noz

Since both of your picks are before mine Ringo if you like you can leave them with me.

Ringo

Quote from: Noz on July 02, 2012, 01:46:10 PM
Since both of your picks are before mine Ringo if you like you can leave them with me.
Sent you a pm Noz.  Thank You

Justin Bieber

Are we going to enforce this 24 hour rule or let it be.

It seems these are the two who always take the longest to submit their picks.

PowerBug

PowerBug

Just found out why i'm not happy. The Nathan Foley owner will be hunted down and destroyed.

Nails

Quote from: whatlez on July 02, 2012, 02:56:40 PM
Are we going to enforce this 24 hour rule or let it be.

It seems these are the two who always take the longest to submit their picks.

To be fair, no-one pm'd me it was my pick, so I didn't know until late last night.

So even if I did pick last night, no-one would've picked after. We'll make our pick soon.

And we've made picks within 2 minutes of the previous pick before, We had like 5 picks prepared but they all got chosen :(

Justin Bieber

Your both online,.

Ps. Happy birthday power bug :)

PowerBug

I went 36 hours without going online. :D From 1am Sunday morning to 1pm Monday :D

I haven't even thought of our pick coz i expected Foely to still be there >:(

Capper