British 15's - Official Draft

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 11, 2012, 04:15:06 PM
Quote from: MTTY on August 11, 2012, 03:47:39 PM
To clear things up as it stands you will receive a compo pick in the rookie draft (at the end of it). So there is really no point in picking players that will retire to get an advantage.

This may change if the rules comission decides upon doing so, but i think the above is suitable.

sounds right as it is , but to be fair to them allowing players to be drafted from the leftovers of THIS draft, as Ringo said may be better for them than just what is left at the end of the rookie draft (from the rookie draft pool)....?

Rookie draft will be left overs from this draft and the national draft.  :)

JBs-Hawks

Willing to listen to offers for blease however he might be quite expensive now ;)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 11, 2012, 05:21:43 PM
Willing to listen to offers for blease however he might be quite expensive now ;)

yes it was all fun and games to make fun of that pick early this season but it won't be so funny in a year or two when he is a gun....

doesn't help anyone who may have started this season with him however :)

Scrads

Milne is a good pick, I reckon he has 2 years left in him, one at least (his role is hardly taxing on his body). Goal scorers are rewarded highly in this comp and we all know Milne can do that. Will be very valuable cover for when an injuries/suspension hit. Very good value for pick 450-odd.

Torpedo10

pickers still hasn't picked? Has it been 24 hours?

Nails

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 11, 2012, 07:45:16 PM
pickers still hasn't picked? Has it been 24 hours?

Hasn't even been 10, calm your farm.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Scrads on August 11, 2012, 07:41:21 PM
Milne is a good pick, I reckon he has 2 years left in him, one at least (his role is hardly taxing on his body). Goal scorers are rewarded highly in this comp and we all know Milne can do that. Will be very valuable cover for when an injuries/suspension hit. Very good value for pick 450-odd.

marks don't count in this competition, so the crumbing forwards that score shower in every other comp due to thier lack of marks do better in this comp, especially since it rewards contested possessions so milne was a good late pick, i don't like him but hard to argue he hasn't proven to be one of the very best small forwards in the comp over the stretch.

Scrads

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 11, 2012, 08:32:43 PM
Quote from: Scrads on August 11, 2012, 07:41:21 PM

marks don't count in this competition, so the crumbing forwards that score shower in every other comp due to thier lack of marks do better in this comp, especially since it rewards contested possessions so milne was a good late pick, i don't like him but hard to argue he hasn't proven to be one of the very best small forwards in the comp over the stretch.

Well let's be fair, does anybody ? ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 11, 2012, 05:28:59 PM

yes it was all fun and games to make fun of that pick early this season but it won't be so funny in a year or two when he is a gun....

I called it WAY before you colli, Blease will be a gun, will definitely be jumping on him in all comps again next year :)

Nails

The frustrating moment when the world ends at the end of this year and this draft was all for nothing.

Colliwobblers

like this draft would be the most dissapoining thing about the world ending....

Noz

People get so frustrated easily. People do have lives outside FF; Jobs, Alchol, School, Family, Friends.

Nails

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 11, 2012, 10:46:07 PM
like this draft would be the most dissapoining thing about the world ending....

Didn't say anything about disappointment :o

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: PowerBug on August 11, 2012, 09:04:33 PM

I called it WAY before you colli, Blease will be a gun, will definitely be jumping on him in all comps again next year :)

Maybe if he gets mid/FWD otherwise I personally will be steerring clear until demons are a finals contender

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 11, 2012, 10:58:47 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 11, 2012, 09:04:33 PM

Maybe if he gets mid/FWD otherwise I personally will be steerring clear until demons are a finals contender
I can't see Mid/Fwd. But surely goal of the year? Pretty sure he's got a nomination for goal of the week over 5 times this season? (Like 50m out, running past 3 guys, kicks on the left from he boundary goals. they are the only ones he kicks)