Main Menu

English 15's

Started by MTTY, June 19, 2012, 01:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monstrum

Quote from: PowerBug on June 20, 2012, 01:58:16 PM
Too many people are interested in this. Personally i'm not a fan of it as it'll just take away popularity from the Worlds and Euros comps. The fact that sooo many people are interested in it will completely remove all interest in the other two comps. :'(

why even bother reading the thread? 
if your not a fan then get off the thread and let ppl who are enjoy it

PowerBug

Quote from: monstrum on June 20, 2012, 02:08:59 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 20, 2012, 01:58:16 PM
Too many people are interested in this. Personally i'm not a fan of it as it'll just take away popularity from the Worlds and Euros comps. The fact that sooo many people are interested in it will completely remove all interest in the other two comps. :'(

why even bother reading the thread? 
if your not a fan then get off the thread and let ppl who are enjoy it
I read it because i was interested to see what is was, and that there's a thread posted in the World 15s board about this too. ;) It will take away from the other two comps, which ossie and Holz put in alot of effort. The scoring system is hardly used anyway, how many people play on sportal, 15k??

@ringo, you are an assistant in Worlds, you'll get a head coach spot here. It's obvious which one you are going to want to look at more. ;)

Why not all join exsisting worlds and Euro's sides, as up until now no-one was interested in joining them despite the facts threads have been made about them on here. and suddenly some new comp has 30 people wanting to join within 24 hours. ::)

Spinking

Quote from: Ringo on June 20, 2012, 02:08:35 PM
Speaking for myself PB as I am only an assistant coach in the Worlds and this my first real involvement with these teams in this forum took the opportunity to express interest in the new comp as a result of being involved.  Will still retain my loyalties to World though.

+1.  Don't want to take anything away from the other comps. 

Justin Bieber

Why don't you make a rule that anyone who is a head coach in worlds or Euros cannot be a head coach in this? (except MTTY)

People like me don't get one major role in Worlds, but someone like you PB get to have one team in both Euros and Worlds ::)

You want to say you would like to have two teams while people like me don't even get to participate in one? (And your not the only person who has a team in both)

What your just suggesting is just selfish and that's it.

Ziplock

I agree with lez- I personally  dont think it'd be much fun managing heaps of teams anyway :P

Torpedo10

Hang On, what's the scoring system for Virtual Sports?

CrowsFan

So no one wants to be the Bradford Badgers then? :(

PowerBug

Quote from: whatlez on June 20, 2012, 03:33:33 PM
Why don't you make a rule that anyone who is a head coach in worlds or Euros cannot be a head coach in this? (except MTTY)
Well here is another problem. With MTTY's Euro side going down the toilet it's too easy for him just too forget it and just start afresh with this comp. Not saying he will do this but having to organise the whole thing is going to take alot of effort, assuming he puts in as much effort as Holzman, ossie and even c4 does.

People like me don't get one major role in Worlds, but someone like you PB get to have one team in both Euros and Worlds ::)

You want to say you would like to have two teams while people like me don't even get to participate in one? (And your not the only person who has a team in both)
Want my team in Both comps if you're gonna be like that??

No-one's answered my question, how many people play the Sportal Afl competition??

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 20, 2012, 03:43:39 PM
I think someone like GAJ averages 100000000000000000000000000000000000. It's about 10% higher than DT.

Justin Bieber

Yeah Torp, Gary averages like 185, 20 more than everyone else.

It's pretty much the same, but you get more points for cont ball and marks do not count as points.

So basically Stanton is not as good.

And Pb I do not want your teams, what you was just selfish.

CrowsFan

Quote from: PowerBug on June 20, 2012, 03:47:32 PM
No-one's answered my question, how many people play the Sportal Afl competition??
Just checked, and there are 4,696 teams that have scored points

CrowsFan

Scoring is this...

Kick    3 Points
Handball    1 Point
Contested Possession *    4 Points
Uncontested Possession **    2 Points
Tackle    3 Points
Hitout    1 Point
Clanger ***    -5 Points
Goal    6 Points
Behind    1 Point

* A contested possession is any possession won in dispute (this includes contested mark, hardball-get, looseball-get, free kick for).
** An uncontested possession is any possession gained from a team mate (uncontested mark, handball-receive).
*** Clangers include any blatant unforced error including free kick against, 50m penalty against, dropped marks.

Justin Bieber

I like that scoring system.

Shows the more inside players, than the uncontested players.

MTTY

Quote from: PowerBug on June 20, 2012, 03:47:32 PM
Well here is another problem. With MTTY's Euro side going down the toilet it's too easy for him just too forget it and just start afresh with this comp. Not saying he will do this but having to organise the whole thing is going to take alot of effort, assuming he puts in as much effort as Holzman, ossie and even c4 does.

Want my team in Both comps if you're gonna be like that??

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 20, 2012, 03:43:39 PM
I think someone like GAJ averages 100000000000000000000000000000000000. It's about 10% higher than DT.

PB...

1. I have enough time to do both of them.. my team may be ranked near bottom in Euro's but  i have a lot of potential players and young players. I was never going to be dominant this year. I still manage to take care of it.

2. Ossie and Holz are fine with the idea from what i have seen.

3. Who cares if VS is not played as much its a new scoring system that we can use for a new comp.

4. I made this comp because there were a few members who wanted to coach a head team (started n the Career DT thread). As i said there were a few, no one else without a team has expressed interest bar the ones signed up so far, so we had to fill spots with others that were keen but may of had a team.

5. Why does it matter if it even effects the other comps (it won't anyway)? It certainly won't effect you.

6. So long as Ossie and Holz are still fine with it the competition will go ahead as planned.

MTTY

Quote from: BB67th on June 20, 2012, 08:27:28 AM
Is it alright if I get one of my friends to sign up to coach with me? I know he'd love to do it.

Yeah thats fine mate.

PowerBug

On 5.

It will effect the current comps because it will just take away from all the effort that has been put into it prevoiusly, and some new comp is gonna steal all the limelight as the position it will be in is more "exciting" than where the current comps are at.. (Drafting is alot more exciting than just picking a team every week)

If your Euro's side is so terrible then how are you going to make it better if you are spending all your time on this new comp??

*On another note, i think if this does go ahead, we should get more boards, and put all three comps in their own board, otherwise it'll look like a mess*