Main Menu

A left field idea for next years Byes

Started by nostradamus, June 19, 2012, 10:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Hi guys, l have an idea for next years bye rounds, which are looking more and more likely to be double what they are this year

1. we start the season with the normal 24 trades and 2 benchies

2. for each bye round we get an extra 2 trades, these do not have to be used but do not accumulate.

3. trades done with the "extra" trades revert back after the completion of that round

4. the total value of player(s) traded in shall not exceed that of the players traded out

5. these are totally separate from our normal trades

6. and we can still make 2 normal trades over the bye rounds too if we want

7. so in effect we can potentially make 4 trades each bye round, but any made with the "extra" trades will revert back at the end of the round

......l could have spent alot of time rambling about the merits of my idea, but there are alot more experienced people out there so l thought it would be better just to put it out there for discussion

Cheers, Nostradamus

coolfugitiv0

What's to stop people loading up on any midpricers playing GWS/GC/Melbourne?

How would you account for price change of the players you traded in? eg. If they have a ripper and rise 50k, would that be included in rule #4? Similar if they have a shocker and drop 50k.

I personally think last years setup with 3 benchies would work best, with 3 trades for the bye rounds. And 24 trades still of course. Injuriesthis year makes me feel 24 is necessary haha :P

But good suggestions :)

CrowsFan

Fairly sure someone suggested we have the same format for the bye rounds this year. Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of it. Takes away the decision of whether or not you should trade to avoid donuts in the current round, but cop them later on.

PowerBug

so i'll trade out my premium who has a tough 3 rounds, to a cash cow, pocket some cash, then he gets auto-traded back in. We will be getting so much moree money.

CrowsFan

I don't think you pocket any cash when the trade is reverted back PB ;)

nostradamus

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on June 19, 2012, 11:00:16 AM
What's to stop people loading up on any midpricers playing GWS/GC/Melbourne?

How would you account for price change of the players you traded in? eg. If they have a ripper and rise 50k, would that be included in rule #4? Similar if they have a shocker and drop 50k.

I personally think last years setup with 3 benchies would work best, with 3 trades for the bye rounds. And 24 trades still of course. Injuriesthis year makes me feel 24 is necessary haha :P

But good suggestions :)

Price change would not affect anything at all, if you traded out player A and player B for Player C and player D, at the completion of that round you would get players A & B back .........their price would not have changed because of the bye

nostradamus

Quote from: PowerBug on June 19, 2012, 11:37:15 AM
so i'll trade out my premium who has a tough 3 rounds, to a cash cow, pocket some cash, then he gets auto-traded back in. We will be getting so much moree money.

nah PB it wouldnt work like that, you trade for each bye round, then players are returned at the end of it.......there's no cash to be made or lost

Ringo

Nostra I am assuming the free trade players will be at their price at the time of trading in.

Just another question 2 say I trade in player x who say has the third round bye in the first bye round am I able to keep for Round 2 bye or does he revert back and I have to get in him in again for the Round 2 bye.  Hope you get what i am saying.

Like this idea a little bit better than the one I put up.  Administration of it may be the big issue.

Luigi197

Well we know what the AFL has planned to do now, but I think for SuperCoach, there should be 2 competitions open to everyone.

1. Normal system.
2. System where, similar to other fantasy games, where you don't have money to spend, you just can only have 2 or 3 players from each AFL team. So no challenge in picking rookies.