Daniel Kerr as M7?

Started by roo boys!, June 18, 2012, 11:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Just one of the many thoughts that have been flying through my SC-muddled brain lately. But, after the next couple of weeks' trades I'll have only Zorko on the field as a rookie, unless he starts dropping off in which case I can get Roughie in as F7. I will still have 7 trades left, and a mid bench of McDonald and Gibson. We all know how important bench cover can be coming into the second half of the season and especially SC finals as the general approaches. Also with Pendles out for at least another two, I'll need some pretty good cover. So, Kerr is a pretty big risk. Obviously. He's only about 350k, almost a straight swap for McDonald (especially seeing as I would wait another week on JMac with a BE of 50 odd.) I suppose he is that cheap for a reason though, very very inconsistant. We all know what he is capable of if he has a good day. It's just when he has a bad day, it's very bad. And he has a few :P

If he picks up the second half of the year could be a good POD, and if not just leave him
on the bench. Or am I just going mad?

PS Expecting to get some shreds torn off me for this thread! Prepared for that :P

nathan11

I bought him in cheap last year but he has shown no scoring potential this year and he is one of the eagles likely to miss late games would be better to look at Gibbs Judd boomer But I haven't checked their prices

Spinking

Injuries would be the concern I suppose, but no more than Old Mac is for you at the moment.  Not really going to add anything to your team in my opinion.

big_cox21

wow i wish i could afford such a luxury trade... when my team is complete i will have 2 or 3 trades remaining...

shuester

Has been copping the tag alot for some reason as he himself admited he is way out of form. When he's having a good game a score of 130-140 will probs be busted out but has bad games way too often. But as a bench player maybe

devize

I'd rather take someone like Clancee Pearce with the DPP as someone to have as an M7/F8. Was averaging 100+ for the first 7 rounds. Judd could drop to around $400k soon too.

Kerr is very injury prone and hasn't scored well for a long time, he's not someone you want as a M7 as you want someone who will play every week.

Also could keep McDonald and bring in Yarran for a straight swap with a rookie if you want some defensive cover.

roo boys!

Yeah that's true devize, may look at Clancee because after completing my next 3/4 trades to finish my midfield I just realised I'd have no DPP mid/fwd in my midfield, and 7 in the forward line!

roo boys!

Played well so far today!

HotTiges

played well, but DPP is key.. Bundy or Clancee would be handy.. good work if you can afford a M7

roo boys!

Goodes in a few weeks looks delicious then DPP him into the forward line, but that would mean Zorko goes to the bench so may hold off. Unless I bench Martin...

Lewis looks good as well but will most likely go up the next couple of weeks.

roo boys!

Since I posted this he has scored 99, 117 and 109 and is now up to 419k with a low BE..

fever

those scores will be great if one of ur starting mids doesnt play ;)