Main Menu

Career DT

Started by Spinking, June 17, 2012, 09:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Has there ever been a suggestion made around a fantasy competition that doesn't conclude at the end of the year? By this I mean that you start with a squad of players and at the end of the season a couple retire, a couple are delisted, some are traded and some new recruits come in.  You essentially keep the same core of players each year, and regenerate your list more realistically rather than the contrived trades we use in DT / SC.

Bit 'pie in the sky' but I'm interested in others opinions on whether it might work.

Holz

what you have described is the euro and world competitions.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/board,63.0.html

Spinking

Awesome - but I'm a bit confused by those threads. How are they run? How do you get involved?

Holz

I run the euro and I will talk about that. What we do is we have 14 teams and we all picked a sqaud this year and each year we will have a trade period and will run a national and rokie draft based on how we did in the year. With our squads we pick a team of 4 backs, 4 mids, 1 ruck, 4 forwards and 2 utilities every week and play out a season. The euro is the DT version and the worlds is the SC version

Unfortunately  as  it is a draft and nearly all the players are gone there arent any spots in the worlds or euro for people to join. What others have done to get involved is alot of teams have an assistant coach that helps the main coach.

I guess it could be an idea to start another one up if they get enough interest but it would be hard to do as it takes quite a few hours a week to run a league and Ossie who runs the worlds does alot better job than me so he must put in more time.

Spinking

Well I reckon it's a great idea Holz and am happy to volunteer as an assistant coach to any of the main coaches!

elephants

You'd he welcome at my club mate... I do have 5 assistant coaches though so ask around other head coaches as you'll have more influence there as opposed to at my club :)

Spinking

Quote from: elephants on June 17, 2012, 09:46:43 PM
You'd he welcome at my club mate... I do have 5 assistant coaches though so ask around other head coaches as you'll have more influence there as opposed to at my club :)
Cheers mate! If any other less well supported coaches need a hand let me know, otherwise Im all yours Elephants!

Holz

Quote from: Spinking on June 17, 2012, 09:54:08 PM
Quote from: elephants on June 17, 2012, 09:46:43 PM
Cheers mate! If any other less well supported coaches need a hand let me know, otherwise Im all yours Elephants!

are you a DT or SC player or both?

Spinking

Holz

Quote from: Spinking on June 17, 2012, 10:07:44 PM
DT predominantly.

I have sent you a private message, scroll up the top of the page  and it should have 1 new message in that little box with your name in it (thats if you dont know)

Justin Bieber

Holz, needs some help at his club, so join his coaching staff ;)

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on June 17, 2012, 10:21:54 PM
Holz, needs some help at his club, so join his coaching staff ;)

thats a bit harsh lez :) 

I have been struggling with no forwards but I have got schnieder and kinghts back and schnieder killed it so watch out. Im going to be really dangerous next year.

Justin Bieber

Sprinking, watch the Wolves.

And check that side out :)

Spinking

Righto Whatlez!  And what's the go with the team names? Did the coaches come up with them?

Justin Bieber

Yeah. I'm an assistant at the Mac Wolves.

Dt is Euros so cheak it out.