Main Menu

All Australian 21st Century

Started by monstrum, June 16, 2012, 02:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monstrum

@Ringo: he was considered, i just prefer Enright lol, either are great candidates

ossie85

Quote from: monstrum on June 16, 2012, 04:17:21 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 16, 2012, 04:11:03 PM
Hirdy Captain- I think I love you (no homo).

not bad coming from someone who hates Essendon lol :P

Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2012, 03:20:51 PM
Surely Nathan Buckley - Brownlow, Norm Smith, Rising Star, multiple All-Aus, best and fairests, hall of famer - gets the nod ahead of Scott West

Interesting rules you applied, but that's my only real gripe. The rest looks great! Though lots of midfielders in the forward line

as a traditional wingman i would rather scott west, i would have put Pendles in that possition before Buckley. Buckleys was nudged out by judd, gaj, riccuto, they were the only possitions he was considered for, allthough i didn't say it in my rules, one of the things i considered was it to be a team that acctually played together not just the best player in each possition.

Scotty West still has a pretty bloody good individual award list, just stiff his team never got to the Granny

You can't have it both ways though, you have Harvey and cousins forward pockets! Not sure I agree that west would be a bietterwing either

monstrum

Ben cousins was name AA's fwd pocket 3 or more times. The only changes i would make is harvey up to the wing and darren jarmen to fwd pocket

ossie85

Quote from: monstrum on June 16, 2012, 06:59:34 PM
Ben cousins was name AA's fwd pocket 3 or more times. The only changes i would make is harvey up to the wing and darren jarmen to fwd pocket

Nathan Buckley was named on the wing twice.... Buckley kicked 69 goals more than Harvey did in 123 games less. So if anything, West should be dropped, Harvey to the wing, and Buckley forward pocket...

I like the team, but the omission of Buckley is a huge, and I can't understand why a player - entered into the hall of fame the first time he was eligible - the 2003 Brownlow medallist, 2002 Rising star, 7 All-Australians, Collingwood team of the century, 6 best and fairests, 93 Rising Star, 9 years as club captain, 280 games, 284 goals could possibly be left out.....

But it is your team :)

bomberboy0618

Swap Voss and Ricciuto for mine as well.

monstrum

Yeh well ther'll always gunnu be dissagreement, looking back buckley probly was overlooked (possibly biased) but overall 1 / 22 is pretty good... Theres's heaps of blokes u could agrue in