Main Menu

Subs deal brewing

Started by Football Factory, June 15, 2012, 08:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

THE AFL has revealed an arrangement with its long-time sponsor Carlton and United Breweries in which all substitutes at AFL matches will be known as "Carlton Draught substitutes".

Chief executive Andrew Demetriou said the branding exercise would encourage responsible drinking.

Whenever a player is substituted during an AFL match, fans will be asked: "Should you sub, too?"

"It's a message that will be echoed throughout a game, throughout all nine games a weekend, about drinking responsibly," Demetriou said.

Carlton Draught is a CUB beer.

Demetriou revealed the news about substitutions during the announcement that CUB had extended its sponsorship agreement with the AFL by another 10 years.

CUB has sponsored the VFL/AFL for a century.

In recent years, the two have combined to improve conditions for spectators at AFL games by serving mid-strength beer during night matches and encouraging spectators to report anti-social behavior.

I personally hate the Subs idea so every time they sub a player im gonna skull a couple of beers

"Should you sub, too?"    No im gonna get wasted !!!!   :P

Lions01

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on June 15, 2012, 08:46:02 PM

I personally hate the Subs idea so every time they sub a player im gonna skull a couple of beers

If my player gets sub, I'll be subbing too......
From beer to hard Liquor !!! :P

Football Factory

Quote from: Lions01 on June 15, 2012, 08:50:51 PM

bahahahaha classic  ;D

Chopps

god that makes the game sound gimmicky doesn't it, if my players get subbed i ll down some shots

JamSainter

Obviously just a cash grab.
A bit ridiculous though.

jabroni

Quote from: Lions01 on June 15, 2012, 08:50:51 PM

haha gold

+1 cheer for that

Andrew

Cheers for posting. Now you know for sure that the sub rule is here to stay. Just depends on how many...

Mr.Craig

Tominator

subs deal "brewing", nice use of pun there ahaha!