2013 BYE HELL - Confirmed?

Started by ossie85, June 15, 2012, 02:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

QuoteAFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said the season would consist of 18 rounds of nine games and six rounds of six games.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138673/default.aspx

Mr.Craig

3 bench players, extra trades and league byes to return? I sure hope so.

Lions01

I'm not one for 33 man squads, I'd prefer the starting squads during the byes to be lowered something like 6backs, 5mids, 1Ruck and 6forwards.

The double bye makes it really hard, as no doubt not the same set of teams will have the 2nd set off together, good luck planning them

ossie85

Right, how about this for out of the box thinking?

2 CONFERENCES....

The 6 bye rounds are Fantasy bye rounds....

Leaves us with 18 rounds.

14 team league, 13 matches regular season. Top 8, 4 weeks finals. Leaves us 1 extra round.

In this extra round, you can have the winner of your league, play the winner of another league.....

I hate the bye rounds a lot.

Cicjose

haha nice thinking Ossie

i wish we never had byes

Lions01

I like it to be knocked back to 16 teams leagues.

As you stated Ossie 6 Bye rounds are league byes leaving us with 18rounds

4 rounds for Finals
13 rounds for Regular league games
1 round (preferably the last league round) as a double round. Where you play 2 opponents that week.

This would add another element to the game, this would keep people interest longer as they have the possibility of sneaking in to the final with a "double win" also means no dirty byes to contend with

Cicjose

im not playing next year if we have byes

Lions01

Quote from: Cicjose on June 15, 2012, 03:17:30 PM

Haha yep its a bit like that, the thing that will ruin fantasy games if they bring in 2 subs!!!

MTTY

What we could do is the following:

So each team has two byes (with 6 teams out each bye round). IF the same teams have the same bye rounds eg. one bye round is Essendon, Collingwood, Adelaide, Melbourne, Tigers, Carlton in say round 6 and then those same teams have the bye round again in round 12.

We could do this -

Add the two bye round scores together and have that as a final score.

Eg.

Round 6 - Essendon, Collingwood, Adelaide, Melbourne, Tigers, Carlton
Round 7 - Brisbane, GWS, GC, Swans, Fremantle, West Coast
Round 8 - Brisbane, GWS, GC, Swans, Fremantle, West Coast

Round 12 - Essendon, Collingwood, Adelaide, Melbourne, Tigers, Carlton
Round 13 - Brisbane, GWS, GC, Swans, Fremantle, West Coast
Round 14 - Brisbane, GWS, GC, Swans, Fremantle, West Coast

So we add our scores from round 6 and 12, 7 and 13 and 8 and 14 together to come up with a final score.

(sorry if that sounded confusing was hard to put into words exactly my thoughts)  :-X

ossie85

Is an interesting idea MTTY! Better than bye alternative, unfortunately, I don't they'll set it up that way

Quote from: Cicjose on June 15, 2012, 03:17:30 PM

It is tempting. For the first time, I wasn't enjoying this game, and it's because of the byes. But then Nic Nat happened and I love it again

MTTY

A new Fantasy AFL game could make a killing if they were to structure their game to avoid the bye rounds in both overall ranking and league ranking but have a weekly winner.

jabroni

Going by the first 2 bye rounds so far next year will be absolute carnage unless the trades went up to something stupid like 32 because VS sure wont change the number of teams in a league

What about leaving the bye rounds locked out as 1 big round where each team plays twice - happens in EPL fantasy when some matches get rearranged and some teams play twice.

Ideal would be 18 rounds with 4 bye rounds instead of 6 which would enable us to have 2 x 2 week which would be just 1 long lockout happening twice

Justin Bieber

They better give us 40 trades next year.

Memphistopheles

How about they still restrict the number of trades you can make in the bye round (to between 3 and 5) but these trades don't count towards your overall total of trades. So if you had 12 trades before the bye round you would still have 12 after the bye round even if you made 5 that round to avoid doughnuts.

Scrads

Eliminator will become a luck-fest, you have to avoid certain teams during certain rounds..