Main Menu

want to try a new beer down to 5

Started by Spuds11, June 14, 2012, 11:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northernstar

Spuds11

hell yeah cant wait for tonights game get myself some chicken parmigiana some little creatures beer and tune in to the west coast carlton game going to be a killer night

bowyanger

ask yourself a question......would Chopper Read drink any of this frilly, fruit infused, boutique, girly rubbish?

Breezers were invented for people that didnt like Carlton, Melbourne, Coopers, XXXX, EMU, SWAN, Tooheys or West End...depending of course which state your from

Then theres Crownies for a very special occasion

If beer needs fruit...it aint worth drinkin

bowyanger

Quote from: Spuds11 on June 14, 2012, 12:53:00 PM
hell yeah cant wait for tonights game get myself some chicken parmigiana some little creatures beer and tune in to the west coast carlton game going to be a killer night
Will you have George Micheal playing in the background also?

dansmcd

Quote from: bowyanger on June 14, 2012, 01:00:35 PM
ask yourself a question......would Chopper Read drink any of this frilly, fruit infused, boutique, girly rubbish?

Breezers were invented for people that didnt like Carlton, Melbourne, Coopers, XXXX, EMU, SWAN, Tooheys or West End...depending of course which state your from

Craft/Boutique/Good beer is not infused with fruit (unless it is a lambic). The flavour in the beer comes from the hops and the malt. The macro produced garbage you seem to enjoy can barely be defined as beer (the only brewer on your list that can be taken semi-seriously is Coopers). It tastes like water because it has nothing in it except the cheapest adjunct ingredients in it, i.e. corn, rice, chemicals and perhaps one hop per keg.

I suspect you are taking the p*ss but if you want to drink imitation faintly flavoured mass produced lagers then good for you, but Ill take beer over water any day.

Spuds11

Quote from: bowyanger on June 14, 2012, 01:02:39 PM
Quote from: Spuds11 on June 14, 2012, 12:53:00 PM
Will you have George Micheal playing in the background also?
i will be listening to shut up by simple plan

Ramus

Bravo and well played dansmcd, couldn't have put it better myself, and I concur on the Coopers recommendation as it is my stock beer (Pale Ale).

Not all boutique/craft beers are available in all states/all shops, so Little Creatures is a top drop which is readily available, but if you can get your hands on it I recommend Vale Ale from the Mclaren Vale Brewing Company.

tor01doc

Clare Valley winery Knappstein do a really good Bavarian style beer. Small bottles so you need a few.

Also agree with general comments regarding the mass produced CUB style brews.

browny_wce

Quote from: dansmcd on June 14, 2012, 01:18:35 PM

Craft/Boutique/Good beer is not infused with fruit (unless it is a lambic). The flavour in the beer comes from the hops and the malt. The macro produced garbage you seem to enjoy can barely be defined as beer (the only brewer on your list that can be taken semi-seriously is Coopers). It tastes like water because it has nothing in it except the cheapest adjunct ingredients in it, i.e. corn, rice, chemicals and perhaps one hop per keg.

I suspect you are taking the p*ss but if you want to drink imitation faintly flavoured mass produced lagers then good for you, but Ill take beer over water any day.
the only person I know who still drinks Swan, is my grandad lol
EB is an insult to beer, if your white and drink it, you obviously beat your missus
4X is piss
Carlton ok because its the only beer u drink at the footy
only good beer u mentioned is Coopers

Ziplock

bowyanger

Quote from: dansmcd on June 14, 2012, 01:18:35 PM

Thats funny...nice comeback...earnt meself a few boo's...gotta be happy with that

I spose you beer men call chips "fries"

Ive added a link to add strength to my opinion that may expalin things a liitle more...its what a true beer man looks like

oh and by the way, I brew me own coopers, its the only stuff, but cant believe in all the post posts, that no one liked Crownies? Fev likes them a lot?

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2159661/82018313.jpg

monstrum

Arnt fries and chips differant things?  ???

And isnt a breezer a pre mixed vodka drink??  ???

McRooster

I just drank a Canadian Club, and killed a beer fairy in the process  :D

MAXX Premium Dry was tagged with TEDS as a 2 for $20 six pack deal at my local on the way home. Please avoid MAXX Premium Dry, you could save yourself paying for it by licking the base of your cats litterbox.

bowyanger

Quote from: McRooster on June 15, 2012, 09:26:37 PM
I just drank a Canadian Club, and killed a beer fairy in the process  :D

MAXX Premium Dry was tagged with TEDS as a 2 for $20 six pack deal at my local on the way home. Please avoid MAXX Premium Dry, you could save yourself paying for it by licking the base of your cats litterbox.

Thats gold right there