Main Menu

All australian team

Started by tom_legend, June 12, 2012, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

I made one on here from the 40 man squad
http://www.afl.com.au/NewsViews/MajorEvents/AllAustralian/tabid/863/Default.aspx#

anyway, I've come up with this
FB: Glass, Mcpharlin, Richards
HB: Waters, Birchall, Dempster
M: Watson, Kennedy, Pendlebury
HF: Pavlich, Jetta, Franklin
FF: Hawkins, Milne, Walker,
Fol: Cox, Ablett, Swan
Bench: Naitanui, Beams, Cotchin, Betts

obviously can't fit everyone in :/ I really do think nic nat deserves a spot, and valk is just being a one eyes freo supporter :P

Unlucky to miss out: Jacobs, J Riewoldt, Mitchell, Petrie, Deledio, Maric

I haven't looked at anyone elses, but I would think that midfield and fol would be close to undisputable, same with the forward line, despite being a bit top heavy, I really think all those players deserve to be there. Valk- not everything can be proved on stats- Nic Nats value was clearly rated when the AFL coaches voted for out of every player in the comp they could have, and he came (2nd? 3rd? can't remember, it was him, ablett and buddy top 3 though).

lachie_001

Quote from: Ziplock on September 05, 2012, 03:33:19 PM
I made one on here from the 40 man squad
http://www.afl.com.au/NewsViews/MajorEvents/AllAustralian/tabid/863/Default.aspx#

anyway, I've come up with this
FB: Glass, Mcpharlin, Richards
HB: Waters, Birchall, Dempster
M: Watson, Kennedy, Pendlebury
HF: Pavlich, Jetta, Franklin
FF: Hawkins, Milne, Walker,
Fol: Cox, Ablett, Swan
Bench: Naitanui, Beams, Cotchin, Betts

obviously can't fit everyone in :/ I really do think nic nat deserves a spot, and valk is just being a one eyes freo supporter :P

Unlucky to miss out: Jacobs, J Riewoldt, Mitchell, Petrie, Deledio, Maric

I haven't looked at anyone elses, but I would think that midfield and fol would be close to undisputable, same with the forward line, despite being a bit top heavy, I really think all those players deserve to be there. Valk- not everything can be proved on stats- Nic Nats value was clearly rated when the AFL coaches voted for out of every player in the comp they could have, and he came (2nd? 3rd? can't remember, it was him, ablett and buddy top 3 though).
No danger or thommo? And your forward line is way two top heavy. Dempster, betts, Natnui, pendles and walker I really doubt would be chosen.

Ziplock

Yeah, they were both really unlucky to miss out. I was looking at the forwards, and I really think with the quality of those players, that would work- Walker deserves to be AA, he has the highest goal average behind buddy and just dominates, Pavlich and Hawkins are both really amazing as well, and Milne, jetta and betts are probably the best small forwards in the comp. Dempster is a bit of an odd one out, I kind of put him in since I didn't know who else to go, although he has had a good season. Thompson and Danger were both pretty unfortunate to miss, but honestly I still think pendles, kennedy, watson, swan and ablett are before them.

as I've said before, nic nat is like another midfielder, just 200cm tall and 100 kg.

valkorum

I really do think nic nat deserves a spot, and valk is just being a one eyes freo supporter :P

I am not being one-eyed, I think NicNat has massive potential and everyone is judging him on that and his momentary glimpses of magic.  He does something special and everyone creams themselves - they dont look at the fact that he goes missing for half a game where as the likes of Jacobs and Maric work hard ALL game.  Watch NicNat in the forward line and he only goes for the big speccy mark - he doesnt think like a forward (where as Cox does).

In 2 or 3 years time he will probably be the #1 ruckman in the competition.  The media hype on him is insane and way over the top.  Over here in the west there was an article in the paper that it was NicTwat that turned around the form of Michael Walters - all from a single SMS message.  Its that flowering rediculous.

I stand by claim that the top 3 ruckman this year (in no particular order) are Jacobs, Cox and Maric and it should be out of them who gets the final gig.

Noz

I think Natanui has had a great year but Maric deserves a spot and maybe Jacobs over Cox tough ask though splitting them
4 ruckman.

Ziplock

I really think Cox makes the cut.

keep in mind that Jacobs and Maric have to work all game, same with rucks like minson... theres no back up for them.

lachie_001

FB: B. Waters, D. Glass, T. Richards
CHB: G. Birchall, L. McPharlin, B. Delidio
C: J. Watson, S. Thompson, J. Kennedy
CHF: D. Beams, L. Franklin , C. Rioli
FF: D. Cox, M. Pavlich, S. Milne
Fol: S. Jacobs, G. Ablett, D. Swan
Int: P. Dangerfield, A. Swallow, T. Cotchin, S. Mitchell

My Chumps

DT Gun

Quote from: valkorum on September 06, 2012, 11:28:53 AM
I really do think nic nat deserves a spot, and valk is just being a one eyes freo supporter :P

I am not being one-eyed, I think NicNat has massive potential and everyone is judging him on that and his momentary glimpses of magic.  He does something special and everyone creams themselves - they dont look at the fact that he goes missing for half a game where as the likes of Jacobs and Maric work hard ALL game. Watch NicNat in the forward line and he only goes for the big speccy mark - he doesnt think like a forward (where as Cox does).

In 2 or 3 years time he will probably be the #1 ruckman in the competition.  The media hype on him is insane and way over the top.  Over here in the west there was an article in the paper that it was NicTwat that turned around the form of Michael Walters - all from a single SMS message.  Its that flowering rediculous.

I stand by claim that the top 3 ruckman this year (in no particular order) are Jacobs, Cox and Maric and it should be out of them who gets the final gig.

Interesting..

Here i was thinking a big mans job was to either take a contested mark or crash the pack for the rovers...

Think this is a very one eyed comment. At stages last year WCE were playing Cox ruck and Nat as a rover thats how good he is..

Play your Jacobs/Maric as a rover and see how versatile they are compared to him

Ziplock

^+1

just a huge ass midfielder.

c4v3m4n

Well this is my take on the 2012 AA Team.

FB: Grant Birchall, Darren Glass, Corey Enright
HB: Beau Waters, Ted Richards, Brett Deledio
C: Josh P. Kennedy, Jobe Watson, Dane Swan
HF: Dayne Beams, Matthew Pavlich, Patrick Dangerfield
FF: Stephen Milne, Tom Hawkins, Jack Riewoldt
R: Ivan Maric, Gary Ablett, Trent Cotchin

INT: Dean Cox, Scott Pendlebury, Scott Thompson
SUB: Cyril Rioli

Jay

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 07, 2012, 11:16:39 AM

looks good C4! 100% agree apart from Maric

dmac07

Jacobs and cox as the ruck duo for me. Jacobs starting ruck, cox in the forward pocket or on the bench as back up as is his actual role. Maric unlucky and nic Nat 4th in line.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Jayman on September 07, 2012, 11:49:22 AM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 07, 2012, 11:16:39 AM

looks good C4! 100% agree apart from Maric

Maric should be in IMO. Does more around the ground than Jacobs and the stats prove that.

Plus, Jacobs doesn't have a mullet. :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: shish.kebab on September 02, 2012, 12:55:17 PM
This is my AA Team
Please tell me what you think!

All Australian 2012
FB: Sean Dempster (StK), Ted Richards (Syd), Brett Deledio (Rich)
HB: Heath Scotland (Carl), Brian Lake (WB), Grant Birchall (Haw)
C: Trent Cotchin (Rich), Dane Swan (CW), Jobe Watson (Ess)
HF: Dayne Beams (CW), Mathew Pavlich (Fre), Stephen Milne (StK)
FF: Lewis Jetta (Syd), Tom Hawkins (Geel), Lance Franklin (Haw)
RUCK: Sam Jacobs (Adel), Matthew Boyd (WB), Gary Ablett (GC) 
I/C: Josh Kennedy (Syd), Scott Thompson (Adel), Patrick Dangerfield (Adel), Andrew Swallow (Nth) 

Adelaide: 3 Players
Brisbane: 0 Players
Carlton: 1 Player
Collingwood: 2 Players
Essendon: 1 Player
Fremantle: 1 Player
Geelong: 1 Player
Gold Coast: 1 Player
Greater Western Sydney: 0 Players
Hawthorn: 2 Players
Melbourne: 0 Players
North Melbourne: 1 Player
Port Adelaide: 0 Players
Richmond: 2 Players
St Kilda: 2 Players
Sydney: 3 Players
West Coast: 0 Players
Western Bulldogs: 2 Players

Just saw this and lol. Brian lake hahaha.