North's Best 22 *UPDATED FOR 2013*

Started by The Supercoach, June 11, 2012, 03:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Supercoach

hey guys ive been bored lately and have decided to put together north's best 22 if we had a full and fit list

BP                    FB                                 BP
           Macmillian             Thompson               McMahon

HBF                   CHB                               HBF
              Atley                     Grima                    Firrito

Wing                Centre                             WIng
              Anthony                 Wells                      Bastinac

HFF                  CHF                                 HFF
              Harvey                Hansen                   Adams
            FP                           FF                                 FP
             Thomas                  Petrie                    Tarrant

RUCK                      Interchange
Goldstein                               Cunninton
                                            Wright
RR                               Gibson/Gysberts/Mckenzie/Mullet (Depending on what Atley does in 2013)         
Swallow                                 Harper
R
Ziebell

Any other players that i have forgotten e.g Black, Pick 15, Delaney x2, kennedy

roo boys!

Looks good.

Anthony? Also I like the look of both Delaneys, but especially Luke as a shut down key defender. Black a promising sign for our future, I'd put him in at least over Hansen unless he really turns it around, or Cunnington (but he's also a promising player)

Ziplock

thats a pretty sad backline :(

:P

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2012, 04:57:21 PM

got to agree its a real weakness and its partially why we can get killed by huge margins. I really rate thompson and grima though.

The Supercoach

yeah i dont really like anthony , he just doesnt use the pill well enough. Luke is okay but Cameron is shower, its embarrassing to have him in our 22. Once mcmahon is back our backline will tighten up, but we still need a lift from Grima to play the shut down role imo.

roo boys!

Fair enough, Anthony's disposal isn't great, but can you really say that Cunnington is much better in that regard? High draft pick but still not a great kick :-\

Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2012, 04:57:21 PM

Yeah it's our weakpoint, really need one of our key defenders to step up and become a great shut down player, at the moment the big forwards can destroy us (Buddy, Schulz in the last couple of weeks)

Having Atley and JMac in there along with Spud and McMahon makes it a bit undersized, but there's always blokes like Delaney, Hansen or Pedersen to come in when Atley/McMillan move into the midfield or when we are playing a team who have a lot of tall power up forward (West Coast at full strength)

CrowsFan

When is McMahon coming back? :(

The Supercoach

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 11, 2012, 09:56:47 PM
When is McMahon coming back? :(

I think he should be back this week. he played a week in the VFL last week and north ballarat had a bye this week so didnt play. He should come back this week as gold coast are not the highest standard afl team so he should be able to ease back into it

CrowsFan

Ah so he's back playing and over his illness then? That's good :)

roo boys!

Yeah he got over his illness about 2 weeks ago and will be great to see him back soon.

Good news for your WXV team too CF ;)

CrowsFan

Haha yep RB! Why else would I be asking about him? ;)

roo boys!

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 13, 2012, 05:05:03 PM
Haha yep RB! Why else would I be asking about him? ;)
Thought you were just a kind soul who felt for those who were suffering illness and you were constantly praying for his good health. Guess I was wrong then :P

btw North fans, get excited...GIBBO'S HERE!
http://www.kangaroos.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/138453/default.aspx

Also this news puts a dampener on all those saying that we should play Majak this year...well not unless we have to put someone on the LTI list, which hopefully doesn't happen. *touch wood

And just for you CF ;)
http://www.kangaroos.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/138408/default.aspx

It mentions it briefly at the bottom of the other article, but great news to possibly have McMahon back, I think the last few weeks have really shown how important he is to us.

Footyrulz

This is what i reckon it should be:

Firrito, Thompson, Mcmahon
Atley, Grima, Macmillon
Bastinac, Swallow, Harvey
Adams, Pederson, Wright
Thomas, Petrie, Edwards
Goldstein, Zeibell, Wells
Greenwood, Anthony, Cunnington
Harper

roo boys!

Yep I agree, that looks good footyrulz. Can't really see anything wrong with it, except for when HMac returns...Pedo gets dropped?

The Supercoach

even curran looks like a good future prospect