ESPN - NFL Fantasy 2012/13

Started by monstrum, June 11, 2012, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: BratPack on July 18, 2012, 12:17:13 PM
ESPN is also now open
and on that note cheat sheets are out for the draft

http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/ffldraftkit

I had a think about it Marcz and i think due to the fact that we have new people playing and probably not everyone will be available on one day to do the draft, that we will go with the snake instead of the auction. We will start the draft either via email or on a FF topic  and if we run out of time we will switch to automated draft half way through.

Mat0369

Quote from: tabs on July 18, 2012, 01:22:43 PM

I had a think about it Marcz and i think due to the fact that we have new people playing and probably not everyone will be available on one day to do the draft, that we will go with the snake instead of the auction. We will start the draft either via email or on a FF topic  and if we run out of time we will switch to automated draft half way through.

Wouldn't a live snake draft be the easiest option instead of doing it all offline? It would take a lot less time

BratPack

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 18, 2012, 03:01:55 PM

Wouldn't a live snake draft be the easiest option instead of doing it all offline? It would take a lot less time

I think he's pointed out that most of us can't be on at the one time to do a live draft

RiOtChEsS

Yeah Im Easy ;)

Just Finished My First Snake On ESPN

Capper

Quote from: Marcz on July 18, 2012, 03:55:25 PM
Yeah Im Easy ;)

Just Finished My First Snake On ESPN

nice picks
Quote from: BratPack on July 18, 2012, 03:08:37 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on July 18, 2012, 03:01:55 PM

I think he's pointed out that most of us can't be on at the one time to do a live draft
We will start a live Snake draft but if we cant finish it in time then i will put everyones picks in and automate the rest

monstrum

what the ETA on the start of the draft?

RiOtChEsS

il set a list anyways... is this ESPN? i havent joined up that league yet... il dart back thru a few pages until i find it ;)

ok i couldnt find a link other than the one colliwobblers is doing on nfl.com, if there is a link can u quote/bump it for me guys 8)

RiOtChEsS

RiOtChEsS

BratPack

Well I'm not on at night anymore which makes it difficult for me.

Usually I'm on between about 11am and 3pm most days.....and that's pretty much my window....And Saturday, Sundays and Mondays are a wash

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: BratPack on July 19, 2012, 12:14:18 PM

Usually I'm on between about 11am and 3pm most days.....and that's pretty much my window....And Saturday, Sundays and Mondays are a wash
there will be days i can make that happen in the future... approx auction is 90-120mins depending on others

Capper

Quote from: monstrum on July 18, 2012, 07:48:03 PM
what the ETA on the start of the draft?
we can start the draft when ever we want as we now have lists
Quote from: Marcz on July 18, 2012, 08:36:13 PM
il set a list anyways... is this ESPN? i havent joined up that league yet... il dart back thru a few pages until i find it ;)

ok i couldnt find a link other than the one colliwobblers is doing on nfl.com, if there is a link can u quote/bump it for me guys 8)
PM me your email and i will send the link

Capper

Quote from: Marcz on July 19, 2012, 12:55:38 PM
Quote from: BratPack on July 19, 2012, 12:14:18 PM

there will be days i can make that happen in the future... approx auction is 90-120mins depending on others
in my other league we have guys in Os, USA and Canada so it took us a 3 weeks to do 8 rounds of the draft last year

BratPack

First ESPN Draft. Might do a full recap tomorrow

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Ryan Matthews
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: A.J Green
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Coby Fleener
Flex: Roy Helu
DEF: Giants
K: Matt Prater
Bench: Percy Harvin
Bench: Doug Martin
Bench: Issac Redman
Bench: Anquan Boldin
Bench: Robert Meachem
Bench: Michael Floyd
Bench: Bernard Scott

11-2 and champs or 2-11 and last....No middle ground with this team. Still I'll gladly take this team from the #7 slot

BratPack

Quote from: BratPack on July 21, 2012, 02:08:19 PM
First ESPN Draft. Might do a full recap tomorrow

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Ryan Matthews
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: A.J Green
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Coby Fleener
Flex: Roy Helu
DEF: Giants
K: Matt Prater
Bench: Percy Harvin
Bench: Doug Martin
Bench: Issac Redman
Bench: Anquan Boldin
Bench: Robert Meachem
Bench: Michael Floyd
Bench: Bernard Scott

11-2 and champs or 2-11 and last....No middle ground with this team. Still I'll gladly take this team from the #7 slot

Okay so let's review. As I said I had the #7 pick.

Round 1 (#7) Drew Brees QB
Same strategy as the NFL draft, there's three gun RBs and if they're gone I want one of Rodgers, Brady or Brees. Now that Brees is getting paid I have no problem grabbing him

Round 2 (#14) Ryan Mathews RB
This is more of a "Hate went too far" pick than me wanting him, he's a middle of the second round guy (like here) to me but most sites have him as a end of the 1st round guy. It's not wrong, he just hasn't done it yet

Round 3 (#27) Trent Richardson RB
Jamaal Charles went one pick ahead of me  >:( So the options here were either the safety of S-Jax or the high risk high reward T-Rich. I decided to double down and swing for the fences.

Round 4 (#34) A.J Green WR
BEASTLY~! I really think his talent provided Dalton is at least competent means we could be mentioning him in the same breath as Megatron this year. Of course if Dalton ISN'T, then I've got a dud on Randy Moss 2010 levels.

Round 5 (#47) Julio Jones WR
DOUBLY BEASTLY~! I think Jones outdoes Roddy White this year and takes over the mantle of number 1 on Atlanta's pass happy offence

Round 6 (#54) Roy Helu RB
I can't say I'm enamoured with this pick, he's more the fact that he's the last guy I'd feel comfortable starting in a flex spot every week. Unless Shanahan screws him up.

Round 7 (#67) Percy Harvin WR
Could really be anything, but with me already this far in rolling the dice I thought I might as well go for mega upside.

Round 8 (#74) Doug Martin RB
Probably going to start in Tampa Bay. Again could be something, could be nothing. Going for gold

Round 9 (#87) Issac Redman RB
He'll have a chance to secure the job with Mendenhall probably starting the year on the PUP list. Still looking for max returns

Round 10 (#94) Robert Meachem WR
Rivers will get him the ball, I know that but again it's another risky pick

Round 11 (#107) Anquan Boldin WR
I don't think he'll be anything special. With all the risk I just needed a dependable 8-10pts a game WR I could fall back on if needed

Round 12 (#114) Coby Fleener TE
I said in the last draft. He was Luck's boy in Stanford and I think the same will happen in Indy. I think Fleener is a top 7 TE this year easy

Round 13 (#127) Michael Floyd WR
Probably going to be the guy alongside Larry Fitz since Larry loves him and talked Arizona into drafting him. That could work well

Round 14 (#134) Bernard Scott RB
It's a nothing pick. I'm already swapping him for Robert Turbin, the Seattle rookie who'll start if Beast Mode (Marshawn Lynch) gets suspended over his DUI.

Round 15 (#147) Giants D/ST
Round 16 (#154) Matt Prater K