ESPN - NFL Fantasy 2012/13

Started by monstrum, June 11, 2012, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 16, 2012, 06:34:09 PM
Quote from: Marcz on June 16, 2012, 05:15:15 PM
il be doing primarily auctions this year, interested parties quote this

how does the auction work as opposed to the livedraft standard draft format?
each coach has $200 and u bid on players in a live draft...
i dont mind if u guys arent interested but that is how im doing my teams in NBA/NFL now, requires more skill than the snake

Capper

Quote from: Marcz on June 17, 2012, 01:58:19 PM

i dont mind if u guys arent interested but that is how im doing my teams in NBA/NFL now, requires more skill than the snake
so you bid for the first pick?? is there a link that describes how it works??

monstrum

from the NFL site headline confussed the shower outa me

Cox has signed with the Eagles, Jonathan Tamari of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
Analysis: The Eagles moved up three spots in the first round to draft Cox, 12th overall in April. Look for Cox to be deployed as part of a defensive tackle rotation behind projected starters Cullen Jenkins and Mike Patterson.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: tabs on June 19, 2012, 07:27:19 PM
Quote from: Marcz on June 17, 2012, 01:58:19 PM

so you bid for the first pick?? is there a link that describes how it works??
first pick does not exist, u can NOMINATE a player 1st if ur in that slot but EVERYONE can buy ANYONE...

head over to http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/mockdraftlobby and pick a "mock auction"  ;)

Capper

ahhh ok, now i understand

Your league will participate in a live online auction draft using ESPN's auction draft software. In an auction draft, teams begin with a set budget and take turns nominating players to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

So it goes through the list of players and you bid on who you want, highest bid gets the player

Mat0369

Quote from: monstrum on June 19, 2012, 09:08:00 PM
from the NFL site headline confussed the shower outa me

Cox has signed with the Eagles, Jonathan Tamari of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
Analysis: The Eagles moved up three spots in the first round to draft Cox, 12th overall in April. Look for Cox to be deployed as part of a defensive tackle rotation behind projected starters Cullen Jenkins and Mike Patterson.
Hopefully he turns out to be a gun and can help have an immediate impact this season.

LT also retired :( He is my favourite non Eagles player. I have an LT Chargers jersey

In honor of the great man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkmyNzJQN0I

Mat0369

Tabs did you change our draft type?

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 20, 2012, 02:27:53 AM
Tabs did you change our draft type?
yep just to see what the auction draft type was like

BratPack

Can't make a 3pm Saturday Draft. Gonna have to pass

Mat0369

The draft is going to be a while away. The current draft is temporary for the time being.

BratPack

NFL.com has gone live for anyone intrested

RiOtChEsS

im a mile behind still in regards to any research, idk who is where or what so im out

BratPack

Quote from: Marcz on July 12, 2012, 01:22:50 PM
im a mile behind still in regards to any research, idk who is where or what so im out

I ran through a quick one yesterday just to get back in the swing of things.

I'll run through it. Along with my thoughts this early in the year

10 Team League I draft from #4. This is THE spot I want this year. It's the easiest to draft from I believe cause there's 3 "Sure Thing" RB's (Foster, McCoy and Ray "Brat Pack Hero" Rice) so if they go as expected you can switch strategys easy.

Round 1 (#4): Aaron Rodgers (QB)
In this case switch to one of the top 3 QB's (Rodgers, Brady, Brees in that order). In MOST leagues this year this is the way I want to start, there are tiers of the draft and those 3 give you an immediate advantage

Round 2 (#17) Darren McFadden (RB)
Guy with the least questions if he's healthy. I was pissed CJ got taken one pick before me but McFadden is a solid number one when he plays and no longer has to worry about Bush vuluturing carries from him. I like him more than Forte, who was next off the board.

Round 3 (#24) Jimmy Graham (TE)
Rule 2 for me this year: If at all possible get Graham or Gronk on my team. Didn't have a shot at Gronk. Graham was too good to pass up here. Wide Receiver is crazy deep this year so I'll wait....and wait.....and wait.

Round 4 (#37) Stephen Jackson (RB)
Case in point. Jackson is one of the more dependable number 2's with number 1 upside. Think this years version of MJD.

Round 5 (#44) Hakeem Nicks (WR)
See what I mean about Wide Receiver being deep?

Round 6 (#57) Doug Martin (RB)
Rookie in Tampa. Probably going to be the starter.

Round 7 (#64) Brandon Lloyd (WR)
Now has Brady feeding him. Could be a star. Could be Ochocinco 2.0

Round 8 (#77) Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis (RB)
Gets new life with the Bungles. Should be solid enough

Round 9 (#84) Robert Griffin III (QB)
Don't need him, don't really want him, he's nothing but a bye week fill-in. HOWEVER if he's the second incarnation of Cam Newton from last year, I DON'T want him used against ME. A defensive pick more than a pick for need

Round 10 (#97) Mark Ingram (RB)
I think he takes the next step and gets more offence this year. In as much as a Saints Running Back CAN get offence

Round 11 (#104) Greg Little (WR)
He's one of my sleepers.

Round 12 (#117) Donald Brown (RB)
He isn't, but he'll get first crack at starting on a terrible Indy team, could get cheap points.

Round 13 (#124) Danny Amendola (WR)
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice. Yep I'm saddling up the "Amendola=Sleeper" horse again. I'd also have considered Coby Fleener, the Indy Tight End here if you could play a TE at FLEX, he was Luck's escape valve at Stanford and I think he might have a surprisingly good year.

Round 14 (#137) Seattle D/ST
Round 15 (#144) Nate Kaeding (K)

RiOtChEsS

Like ur strategy BP, had me first shot last night on nfl.com... had pick 1 so got a shower hot squad :-X

BratPack