ESPN - NFL Fantasy 2012/13

Started by monstrum, June 11, 2012, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

still burning from the celtic loss mate :P

Shaggy

Nah, I didn't even think at the start it would go to 7 games personally. But the 3 in a row was huge.

So keen on the Patriots this season. :>

Colliwobblers

OK so we can have 7 teams each i think from memory. So I signed up and created one for anyone interested in doing LIVE DRAFT.

League name: FF Aus League

League Code: 856849

Password: colliwobblers

URL: http://ffausleague.league.fantasy.nfl.com/

DRAFT:  Live Draft: Your draft is on Saturday, Jul 21, 2012 at 3:00pm EST. (this can be changed to suit but it is supposed to be 3pm saturday AEST but says EST, need to confirm that somehow)

TEAMS: currently 10 can also be changed

monstrum

@mat: yeah i understand a bit of that, probly have a few more questions down the track though  :P...

just going to worry about my draft list for now i reckon..

Colliwobblers

all i did last season was wait till the live draft lobby opened up and just did live drafts for 7 different teams. But this season i'll join your league plus the one i setup and do nfl managed live draft leagues for the other 5 teams.

There are HEAPS of fantasy NFL fan sites and online strategy guides, but all you really need to know is which players to draft in what order.

most of my teams scored the highest in my leagues over the season i drafted using a guide from one of those sites.

first you get the best 2 running backs available, then a QB (some peopple go early to get one of the few best quarter backs) but the best running backs score more.

then a couple of wide recievers, another running back, a tight end, another wide reciever, another running back, a DEF and a Kicker, and a back up quarter back, fill out the rest with running backs and wide recievers.

there are byes so you need back up DEF and kickers but i just got them out of the pool before mine had byes and dropped my worst WR or RB to pick up the DEF or Kicker I needed for that round.

DEF and Kickers score shower mostly so you draft them late, but in the live draft with the list of players it shows the average draft position each player has been taken as well as the default ranking the NFL gives them so it's pretty easy to work out when and who you should be getting.

But because of the byes you want to look at which teams have the byes when as you can't afford a team all with the same bye because you can't afford to be dropping stars to the pool to pick up SPUDS to cover byes, as you probably won't get your star back out of the pool before one of the other teams picks them up.

monstrum

nice one CW cheers mate, i joined the league u set up as well

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 15, 2012, 06:24:28 PM
all i did last season was wait till the live draft lobby opened up and just did live drafts for 7 different teams. But this season i'll join your league plus the one i setup and do nfl managed live draft leagues for the other 5 teams.

There are HEAPS of fantasy NFL fan sites and online strategy guides, but all you really need to know is which players to draft in what order.

most of my teams scored the highest in my leagues over the season i drafted using a guide from one of those sites.

first you get the best 2 running backs available, then a QB (some peopple go early to get one of the few best quarter backs) but the best running backs score more.

then a couple of wide recievers, another running back, a tight end, another wide reciever, another running back, a DEF and a Kicker, and a back up quarter back, fill out the rest with running backs and wide recievers.

there are byes so you need back up DEF and kickers but i just got them out of the pool before mine had byes and dropped my worst WR or RB to pick up the DEF or Kicker I needed for that round.

DEF and Kickers score shower mostly so you draft them late, but in the live draft with the list of players it shows the average draft position each player has been taken as well as the default ranking the NFL gives them so it's pretty easy to work out when and who you should be getting.

But because of the byes you want to look at which teams have the byes when as you can't afford a team all with the same bye because you can't afford to be dropping stars to the pool to pick up SPUDS to cover byes, as you probably won't get your star back out of the pool before one of the other teams picks them up.

It depends on your league settings. If it is a ppr league how much passing touchdowns are worth and so forth. I have used this strategy in the past but Aaron Rodgers is worthy of a 1st round pick. He can win you a league game on his own. Same with a WR like Megatron.

Capper

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 15, 2012, 05:32:54 PM
OK so we can have 7 teams each i think from memory. So I signed up and created one for anyone interested in doing LIVE DRAFT.

DRAFT:  Live Draft: Your draft is on Saturday, Jul 21, 2012 at 3:00pm EST. (this can be changed to suit but it is supposed to be 3pm saturday AEST but says EST, need to confirm that somehow)

are we going with this one or am i still creating one???

monstrum

i think both tabs...

@'anyone'

is there a salary cap when u draft? i'v been lookin around at lists and u got, sleepers, rookies and bargains?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: monstrum on June 15, 2012, 08:59:46 PM
i think both tabs...

@'anyone'

is there a salary cap when u draft? i'v been lookin around at lists and u got, sleepers, rookies and bargains?

No no salary cap you draft the best players you can get no cost allocated to them just a certain number of each player you can field. You can have a mixed "bench" a couple of back up DEF or QB or none at all and have extra RB or WR instead.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tabs on June 15, 2012, 08:46:26 PM

THIS ONE IS ALL DEFAULT SETTINGS>

STILL MAKE ONE YOURSELF AND POST UP - YOU CAN HAVE 7 TEAMS in 7 different leagues  UNDER THE ONE ACCOUNT.

I wasn't planning on hijacking your thread, just put one league up - mentioned there were 7 teams you could have each for this reason :)

Capper

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 15, 2012, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: tabs on June 15, 2012, 08:46:26 PM

THIS ONE IS ALL DEFAULT SETTINGS>

STILL MAKE ONE YOURSELF AND POST UP - YOU CAN HAVE 7 TEAMS in 7 different leagues  UNDER THE ONE ACCOUNT.

I wasn't planning on hijacking your thread, just put one league up - mentioned there were 7 teams you could have each for this reason :)
thats ok, not my thread

Was going to use espn though as some already espn accounts

Capper

The season starts on Sep 5th, 17 rounds, bye rounds are from R4-11 (each team has 1 bye)

Roster
I think we will go with the team defense rather than everyone trying to build their own. Rosters are made up of QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, DST and Kickers. I will wait to see how many people we get before deciding on how many of each.

For those of you who cant wait he is Mr Roto's top 200 for this season
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=2012fantasyfootballrankings200

There will be other "Cheat Sheets" available closer to the season starting

Scoring via ESPN
http://cannetti.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Scoring-Breakdown1.pdf

The draft.
For the first year draft positions will be done randomly (next year reverse order of final position on ladder).
Team 1 will select first, then 2 and so on to team 10. Then 10 selects again then 9, down top team 1. Then you repeat until rosters are full.
eg 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

Trades
Trading can be done via 2 methods The waiver wire or with each other.
The waiver wire allows all teams to put forward their trades and then 1 by 1 (from lowest on the ladder to first) each team has their trade confirm or denied. What does this mean?? Well if a team trades in a player and then another team higher wants that exact player then the second teams trade is denied.
Trading between each team is allowed however it is put to a vote by all other teams. More nahs than yahs then trade vetoed.

Colliwobblers

@ MAT0369 - I played all NFL managed default leagues, being my first year i didn't want to try custom leagues you need to understand a lot more to be competative when you start changing the setup scoring ect.

I did however take Rogers (being a packers fan) first round last season and I also took the packers DEF earlier than i should have in one draft.

Got my favourite tight end early in one too, just a general rule under default settings you want the best RB & WR before your QB

UNLESS  you are taking one of the very few "level above" quarterbacks first round. usually three or four go round 1, the rest can wait till round 4 or 5 or even 6 as they are much closer together in scoring after those elite few

agree? you probably know more than me first season last season. cant wait for this one, no wonder fantasy football is so big in USA it is awesome.

Colliwobblers

let me know your league anyway so i can join :) and feel free to join mine and thread hosts ofcourse :)