ESPN - NFL Fantasy 2012/13

Started by monstrum, June 11, 2012, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: monstrum on June 13, 2012, 12:14:23 AM
Tabs for tails mat for heads... ill flip tomoro lol :o, we'll still need to get more recruits, i was readin that u can have 8 in a league, is that right?
I am happy for tabs to do it. Most hosting sites have a tool where you can assign a manager to help out with the commish duties. If tabs has any troubles or he is going on holidays he can assign me the manager tool as the secondary commissioner to help out.

You can have 8 teams but the majority of the teams end up stacked and it removes an element of trying to find sleeper picks deeper in the draft.

Quote from: Jukes on June 13, 2012, 12:34:57 AM
If they both want to I can drop out for them, I can be an assistant coach?

Monstrum was referring to the commissioner duties not numbers for the league. We still need more numbers.

monstrum

Had a flip 10cents lol, came up tails. So Tabs its urs to giv keep or give away i reckon

monstrum

so is everyone cool with that,

obviousley still need a few more guys... is it still 3 months away untill the start?

... pretty much go AFL>NFL

Mat0369

I am fine with that. I would prefer the draft to be the last week of August. The later into the preseason the better.

Colliwobblers

I don't know of anything, but i loved it last year was my first. Love the game did pretty well in my first year too won most of the leagues i was in.

If your doing a FF league for it count me in!

Love the live drafts, veery addictive :)

monstrum

sweet another one i think thats 7 so far, should be able to get plenty more by august

SuperSkill

I'm in, but have no idea about NFL. Keen to learn though

Capper

Welcome SuperSkill and now we have 8.

Capper

Quote from: monstrum on June 13, 2012, 05:54:25 PM
so is everyone cool with that,

obviousley still need a few more guys... is it still 3 months away untill the start?

... pretty much go AFL>NFL
Quote from: monstrum on June 13, 2012, 09:01:49 AM
Had a flip 10cents lol, came up tails. So Tabs its urs to giv keep or give away i reckon
yep thats fine with me. I will make sure that i run everything past you guys before i decide on anything, and will make Mat as the secondary

pretty much go AFL>NFL>AFL>NFL>AFL>NFL>AFL

gota love life

I will post some helpful stuff up later tonight if i have time

Colliwobblers

i can watch soccor and rugby both codes, most other sports too, but the only sport i LOVE like AFL is NFL.

Once you get into it you'll love it. And it is awesome for fantasy, none of this running out of trades shower :)

monstrum

yeh i'm really lookin forward to my first season i'v watched it before and liked it and thats without knowing the rules, i'v got a better idea now lol.. :P

@CW: how do the trades work? i think u can trade in an un drafted free agent in whenever u want... but with other guys is it a matter of making the trade between the 2 coaches in the league?

as Tabs give us formats and such i'll post them at the start of the thread to keep tabs on it (pardon the pun)

Capper

Quote from: monstrum on June 14, 2012, 07:15:31 PM
yeh i'm really lookin forward to my first season i'v watched it before and liked it and thats without knowing the rules, i'v got a better idea now lol.. :P

@CW: how do the trades work? i think u can trade in an un drafted free agent in whenever u want... but with other guys is it a matter of making the trade between the 2 coaches in the league?

as Tabs give us formats and such i'll post them at the start of the thread to keep tabs on it (pardon the pun)
i will post later on this but basically you can trade as much as you like but it goes in order.

If you are on the bottom of the table you get first choice. IF you want to trade 2 players then you have to wait for everyone else to trade before you can trade your 2nd player

Mat0369

If you have played DT or SC pro it is similar to both of those I think. The draft is randomly set and works in a snake format. So whoever picks first will pick last in round 2 and then get back to back picks with the first pick of round 3. This continues to around round 15 or so (depending on the bench spots). After the draft is complete and your team is filled you can pick up and drop whoever you want that is a free agent. There is a waiver system at the end of each week. All the free agents at the end of lockout go to waivers. This also works with players who have been dropped. You can use the waiver system strategically (drop someone on bye and get them again if you have first claim on waivers). This can either reset after each week so that last gets first pick of the free agent or that whoever makes the last pick goes to last in line of the waivers (first might not make a claim for 3 weeks while everyone else has so they get first pick on the waivers in week 4). You can also trade between teams. Normally if a trade occurs it also changes your waiver position. I could offer you 1 player for 2 meaning you would have to pick up one off waivers where I would have to drop someone extra. So a trade is what is completed between two managers where a free agent pick up or a waiver wire pick up is when you pick up someone from the free agent list.

I hope that makes some sense

RiOtChEsS

Shaggy

And we can veto your trades. :>