ESPN - NFL Fantasy 2012/13

Started by monstrum, June 11, 2012, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwilliams

For live head to head scoring click the 'launch fantasycast' button (next to the 'teams' dropdown list)

It doesn't seem to be working at the moment though...

Colliwobblers

Quote from: gwilliams on September 06, 2012, 10:06:21 PM
For live head to head scoring click the 'launch fantasycast' button (next to the 'teams' dropdown list)

It doesn't seem to be working at the moment though...

thanks mate i tried it and it didn't work so i asked :)

Mat0369

Should not have played Witten  :-\.

Also a big FU to Nicks

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 06, 2012, 11:32:51 PM
Should not have played Witten  :-\.

Also a big FU to Nicks

no witten was never going to be ready for round 1. but nicks will come good, and soon enough you'll be glad you have witten :)

i started Trent Richardson, that may bite me too, we will see.....

Mat0369

Yeah I knew Witten would be no good this week but I thought I would start him anyway hoping he would catch a TD and a few cheap get out passes when the Giants played D. Oh well, he was a player I drafted for my future along with Mendenhall not the right now.

Nicks either puts up huge numbers or flops. He has never really been an in between guy. I am backing Forte (Ind), Megatron (Rams) and Shonn Greene (Billls) to put up some huge scores and get me back into it. Jordy Nelson was a beast second half of last season so he should be good for at least 50 yards and a TD (hopefully more) in a tough matchup.

Colliwobblers

yeah you got some firepower there, I'm not looking forward to matching up on you when they all fire.

Nelson is certainly still Rodgers favorite target so he could prove to be the pickup of the draft too.

A lot of the guys taken high in drafts this season are either injury prone, injured already, or very speculative projections on rooks breaking out.

Your team seems to have none of these guys.... so should be safe week in week out.

Mat0369

I have had some strong drafts this season. Even my one autopick draft where it took a kicker for me early (actually drafted 2 kickers) my starting lineups have been strong. I am short on depth in a few positions (as always in 12 team leagues) but if I work waivers well I am set.

I just need to stay competitive in the autodraft league. It is with a bunch of guys in the USA on another message board. There were 4 leagues when I started and the top 3 go up with the bottom 3 being relegated. I have worked my way up to the top league going up each season. The autodraft has handicapped me and I just traded Romo and Tate for Rivers and Jacquizz Rodgers before Romo blew up. I keep Romo for this week but I think they will be pretty even for the season. He has Foster so I sent him a handcuff and I got Rodgers who should be useful in PPR and down the track. I just need to not finish bottom 3 (which should hopefully happen) my team for that league is (drafting from the 8 pick)

QB: Romo (Rivers from next week)
RB: McFadden
RB: Lynch
WR: Nelson
WR: Steve Smith (Car)
WR: Denarius Moore
TE: Gates
D/ST: 49'ers
K: Akers
Bench: Palmer
Tate (Rodgers from next week)
Collie
Tamme
Fleener
Mike Goodson (handcuff)

49'ers D was top 10 for scoring last season with our league settings and put up over 40 points some weeks. I personally would not have taken them that early or Palmer or Moore or Collie. I think Fleener could be a smokey this season with the Luck connection and the chemistry they share. If I can pick up a Cruz like I did last year that team could explode.

My other league I am focusing on ($10 huge trash talk league with some guys in the usa again), my team is pretty good for a 12 team league. Super thin at RB, but being PPR I have two great ones and some awesome WR's. I have been offered a trade and we are working out the kinks. My team is

QB: Romo
RB: Forte
RB: McFadden
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Colston
Flex: Boldin
TE: Finley
D/ST: Steelers
K: Bironas

Bench: Roethlisberger
Holmes
Burleson
Alfred Morris
Braylon Edwards
Coby Fleener
Mike Goodson (handcuff)

I stole Romo for the pick I got him. Even though I don't like him, he was good value for where I got him. Super thin at RB, need to find someone on waivers. I was offered this trade but was reluctant to take it due to not having any depth at RB. Brees and Shonn Greene for Romo and DMC. He wanted me to put Colston in and was going to send me Redman but I was not interested as I lose my depth at WR and end up with a guy who will lose all his touches to Mendenhall. I like the Brees and Greene trade as Brees is an obvious upgrade and Shonn Greene is THE GUY in NY in the backfield. They have no WR's (injuries and bad QB play) so they will lean on the run, new offensive coordinator in Sparano who loves the ground and pound offense. If my RB's stay healthy I could take out the league.

The guy that offered me the trade made a trade today for a RB. He gets Murray and Cruz and traded Welker, Witten and Redman. He got the RB he was after so he may not want to do the trade now. I don't know why the other guy accepted the trade.

Capper

Quote from: tabs on September 06, 2012, 06:24:27 PM
just got asked about waivers

Waivers is a lot like the AFL draft in that after every week the team that is lowest on the ladder get first pick of any free players.

So after all games are finished for the round, all players not selected on rosters are on the waiver wire. All owners can go on to the waiver wire and make changes to their line-ups. But you are not guaranteed that player. The lowest team on the ladder gets there first waiver pick, then it moves up the ladder.

So in other words if you have a dud player, let’s say a WR, then you go onto waivers and select another player to replace him. Once you click on the "Claim" icon next to the new player, then it takes you to your roster for you to drop a player you no longer want. After you have submitted your roster and confirmed it, you will see on your roster page that you have a "Pending Move".

One thing that you might like to do is set players to come in if your number 1 was taken by someone else higher on waiver. So you can Claim another player on waivers and select the same player you want to drop and submit your roster. After that you will see on your roster page that you have 2 "Pending Moves", and you can change the preference of which one you want first.

You can "claim" as many people as you want on waivers, but be aware, after the waivers period is over, then all players on the waiver wire become free agents and its first in best dressed. If you change your mind regarding one of the waiver trades then you can cancel them on the roster page.

The photo below should show you what I am trying to explain

it is slightly different for the first week as waivers will end at 10pm tonight and all free players willl become first in best dressed
one thing i forgot to say is that for your second pick you will have to wait for everyone else to do their first picks

monstrum

After the QB has passed the ball can whoever receives the ball pass again ..?

BratPack

Quote from: monstrum on September 07, 2012, 01:18:17 PM
After the QB has passed the ball can whoever receives the ball pass again ..?

No. But he can lateral or throw the ball backwards to another receiver, although if the QB laterals to the receiver (For example, pitching the ball to the Running Back) THEN he can throw provided he hasn't crossed the line of scrimmage.

Visual Aid for this lesson :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6_SJJfjCU

Mat0369

There is something else called a flea flicker as well where the running back takes a handoff and throws it back to a QB who then throws the ball down field. Here is an example of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2_HxcnJD1Y

Also in terms of fake run passes, here is another example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srcqADaO8og

monstrum

so i'm thinking now that once the ball is past the line of scrimage it's basically like rugby, they can pass but not backwards...?

thanks btw :)

Mat0369

Once it passes the line of scrimmage they can 'lateral the pass as many times as they want. As long as the ball does not travel forward like rugby it is legal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPhONc6xC48&playnext=1&list=PL20ACDD00DC050040&feature=results_video

monstrum

well thats cutting it fine!! lol thanks for the help... i think i'm really going to like this game, always wanted to no the rules :)

MajorLazer

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 07, 2012, 05:59:56 PM
Once it passes the line of scrimmage they can 'lateral the pass as many times as they want. As long as the ball does not travel forward like rugby it is legal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPhONc6xC48&playnext=1&list=PL20ACDD00DC050040&feature=results_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTGco82JKHo

Better example. ;)