ESPN - NFL Fantasy 2012/13

Started by monstrum, June 11, 2012, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 05, 2012, 12:29:33 AM
It wont let me do it but set it to none then change it back to waivers and 1. It should free the list up and then go back to a regular effect for next week
cant change it but it is at 1 day which should make it open before the 1st game but waivers shows 'thurs' as when you can get players. So you cant trade NYG or Cowboys

Mat0369

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 05, 2012, 12:35:06 AM
Leave it at 1 and 9 tomorrow night it should free up anyway. So people just have to check before gametime and players get locked out before their own games anyway

Quote from: tabs on September 05, 2012, 12:37:20 AM
cant change it but it is at 1 day which should make it open before the 1st game but waivers shows 'thurs' as when you can get players. So you cant trade NYG or Cowboys

We are on the money  ;)

Actually says 3am Thursday which is when they normally release players (3am of what day we pick on the 1 or two day release list). Guys should be open to pick up at 5pm EST tomorrow

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 05, 2012, 12:38:58 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on September 05, 2012, 12:35:06 AM
Leave it at 1 and 9 tomorrow night it should free up anyway. So people just have to check before gametime and players get locked out before their own games anyway

Quote from: tabs on September 05, 2012, 12:37:20 AM

We are on the money  ;)

Actually says 3am Thursday which is when they normally release players (3am of what day we pick on the 1 or two day release list). Guys should be open to pick up at 5pm EST tomorrow
good  minds think alike

Colliwobblers

Off topic, and far from the best team I have drafted this season, but have a closer look...... GO PATS!

4 in the run on side, not that i will start them all, projection for week 1 looks good...

Capper

wow you did well out of that

My other team looks like
QB Eli Manning
QB Tony Romo
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
RB Darren Sproles
WR Antonio Brown
WR Santonio Holmes
WR/TE Jermichael Finley
TE Antonio Gates
DST Ravens D/ST
K David Akers

Bench
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Kevin Smith

4 more picks

Colliwobblers

that team is looking good too, never dona a league like that mainly boring old NFL for me, 2 QB makes it VERY interesting i imagine

Capper

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 05, 2012, 03:05:44 PM
that team is looking good too, never dona a league like that mainly boring old NFL for me, 2 QB makes it VERY interesting i imagine
especially with the WR/TE as well. 2QBs in a 10 man league is tough

2 years ago we only had 6 players but could only choose NFC players. Was even harder, but i liked the challenge

Mat0369

Guys I just checked the waivers and remembered ESPN runs in US time. So the waivers will be cleared on Thursday 3 am US time which means it will be AFTER the Giants Cowboys game. It just means that the guys from those games will be locked out but all the other guys will be released prior to their games. Check in the morning and see if it is running in Australian time but I don't think that is the case.

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 05, 2012, 11:09:44 PM
Guys I just checked the waivers and remembered ESPN runs in US time. So the waivers will be cleared on Thursday 3 am US time which means it will be AFTER the Giants Cowboys game. It just means that the guys from those games will be locked out but all the other guys will be released prior to their games. Check in the morning and see if it is running in Australian time but I don't think that is the case.
I think that is like 5pm Sydney time and just for CW, 5pm Brisbane time

Capper

Quote from: tabs on September 05, 2012, 02:56:13 PM
QB Eli Manning
QB Tony Romo
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
Good start, very happy!!!!!  :) :) :) ;D

Quote from: tabs on September 05, 2012, 12:01:12 AM
Week 1 previews
Big Ben Rapistberger at Keiraville Therapists
136128-124115
Shaggy is still going to kick my ar$e though

Shaggy

Nah I dont reckon. Should be close, have a change or two to make yet.

Capper

just got asked about waivers

Waivers is a lot like the AFL draft in that after every week the team that is lowest on the ladder get first pick of any free players.

So after all games are finished for the round, all players not selected on rosters are on the waiver wire. All owners can go on to the waiver wire and make changes to their line-ups. But you are not guaranteed that player. The lowest team on the ladder gets there first waiver pick, then it moves up the ladder.

So in other words if you have a dud player, let’s say a WR, then you go onto waivers and select another player to replace him. Once you click on the "Claim" icon next to the new player, then it takes you to your roster for you to drop a player you no longer want. After you have submitted your roster and confirmed it, you will see on your roster page that you have a "Pending Move".

One thing that you might like to do is set players to come in if your number 1 was taken by someone else higher on waiver. So you can Claim another player on waivers and select the same player you want to drop and submit your roster. After that you will see on your roster page that you have 2 "Pending Moves", and you can change the preference of which one you want first.

You can "claim" as many people as you want on waivers, but be aware, after the waivers period is over, then all players on the waiver wire become free agents and its first in best dressed. If you change your mind regarding one of the waiver trades then you can cancel them on the roster page.

The photo below should show you what I am trying to explain

it is slightly different for the first week as waivers will end at 10pm tonight and all free players willl become first in best dressed

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tabs on September 06, 2012, 03:11:00 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on September 05, 2012, 11:09:44 PM
I think that is like 5pm Sydney time and just for CW, 5pm Brisbane time

Thanks Tabs :) Appreciate the help :)

Colliwobblers

hey how do you get up the matchup with live scoring for the round, as in progressive scores for your team and your opponent?

monstrum

I've got the espn app it's good if u go an iPhone/pad dun bout the pc