ESPN - NFL Fantasy 2012/13

Started by monstrum, June 11, 2012, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 09, 2012, 11:20:50 PM
If it is a 2 QB league I am out. Not a huge fan
can i ask why??? 10 league teams (maybe 8) and 32 starting QBs??

Mat0369

Which means 20 QB's will be starters. You then need back up QB's for byes. In 12 team leagues it can be difficult to find a decent starting QB with injuries. When someone has to start Kevin Kolb and Matt Moore in fantasy you know there team is in trouble. If you are starting a league with a lot of first time fantasy players, 2 QB leagues is not a good option. Same with an offline draft. Having the ability to see the rankings (although they aren't necessarily right) helps when you are starting out. It also helps when you can see what players are left. There are a few new guys, I would not try and over complicate things. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR flex (or just a 3rd WR), TE, D/ST, K, 6 Bench spots no IR and leave it at that is what I would recommend.

I also just had a look at the defensive scoring. You might want to lower the points for sacks because you might end up with a couple of defenses in the top 10 for scoring at the end of the season. I was in a league last year where the defensive scoring settings were ridiculous and there were 2 defenses in the top 10 for scoring which just is not right.

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 10, 2012, 01:53:41 PM
Which means 20 QB's will be starters. You then need back up QB's for byes. In 12 team leagues it can be difficult to find a decent starting QB with injuries. When someone has to start Kevin Kolb and Matt Moore in fantasy you know there team is in trouble. If you are starting a league with a lot of first time fantasy players, 2 QB leagues is not a good option. Same with an offline draft. Having the ability to see the rankings (although they aren't necessarily right) helps when you are starting out. It also helps when you can see what players are left. There are a few new guys, I would not try and over complicate things. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR flex (or just a 3rd WR), TE, D/ST, K, 6 Bench spots no IR and leave it at that is what I would recommend.

I also just had a look at the defensive scoring. You might want to lower the points for sacks because you might end up with a couple of defenses in the top 10 for scoring at the end of the season. I was in a league last year where the defensive scoring settings were ridiculous and there were 2 defenses in the top 10 for scoring which just is not right.
jukes and marcz are now out, which currently leaves us with 8 I think. Are you happy to go with 2 qbs if we only have 8? I will adjust the defence scores, any other changes?

Shaggy

I agree with everything Mat said completely and share the same opinions.

Capper

I agree if we have a 12 team league starting 2 QBs is unreasonable. But atm we have 7 with Marcz and Jukes pulling out. If we go with 7 or 8 then i think that starting 2 QBs is ok. What do you think??

The idea behind 2xQBs is to make it a more even playing field. If we get 10 people in the league we can go back to one, but i thought that if we only have 8 then why cant we start 2 QBs??

Regarding the live draft, we can go with a live draft if we can all agree on a time to do the draft.

Like i said before, i am not making the decisions myself, everyone has input to how it is run.

Mat0369

Quote from: tabs on August 10, 2012, 04:52:28 PM
I agree if we have a 12 team league starting 2 QBs is unreasonable. But atm we have 7 with Marcz and Jukes pulling out. If we go with 7 or 8 then i think that starting 2 QBs is ok. What do you think??

The idea behind 2xQBs is to make it a more even playing field. If we get 10 people in the league we can go back to one, but i thought that if we only have 8 then why cant we start 2 QBs??

Regarding the live draft, we can go with a live draft if we can all agree on a time to do the draft.

Like i said before, i am not making the decisions myself, everyone has input to how it is run.

Teams become pretty stacked in 8 team leagues so 2 QB's would add a degree of difficulty. 10 is a good number if we have a few new guys. If we are short on numbers I will find a couple of extras. You are not going to make everyone happy with the draft time, not everyone is going to be able to make it. That is why you have the option of pre-draft rankings. We can automate the draft using a website and manually insert what position people are drafting from in the snake format. This will give everyone an idea of where they are drafting from so if they can't make the draft they have a rough idea where they will pick from and can set their picks accordingly.

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 10, 2012, 05:52:32 PM
Quote from: tabs on August 10, 2012, 04:52:28 PM

Teams become pretty stacked in 8 team leagues so 2 QB's would add a degree of difficulty. 10 is a good number if we have a few new guys. If we are short on numbers I will find a couple of extras. You are not going to make everyone happy with the draft time, not everyone is going to be able to make it. That is why you have the option of pre-draft rankings. We can automate the draft using a website and manually insert what position people are drafting from in the snake format. This will give everyone an idea of where they are drafting from so if they can't make the draft they have a rough idea where they will pick from and can set their picks accordingly.
yeh thats fine but why cant we do that after starting the draft via a forum?? I am in another league and we start the draft via email as we have people in USA, Canada and Australia. If we do the first couple of rounds via a forum i can then load them in to their teams and then the automatic draft can continue

Mat0369

A live draft runs for 2 hours max, trying to get the rounds done in an offline mode via a message board could take days for 2 rounds. I think doing it offline would be way to time consuming. It is up to you though as the commish

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 10, 2012, 07:15:03 PM
A live draft runs for 2 hours max, trying to get the rounds done in an offline mode via a message board could take days for 2 rounds. I think doing it offline would be way to time consuming. It is up to you though as the commish
i dont want it to be up to me though. Its everyones decision on which way we go. A live draft is fine if we can everyone there at the same time, if not i think we just might do an automatic draft.

I realise that manual drafts take a long time but we can put a 24hr limit on picks or picks can be sent in if they are going to be away for a while.

Mat0369

Quote from: tabs on August 10, 2012, 07:30:45 PM
i dont want it to be up to me though. Its everyones decision on which way we go. A live draft is fine if we can everyone there at the same time, if not i think we just might do an automatic draft.

I realise that manual drafts take a long time but we can put a 24hr limit on picks or picks can be sent in if they are going to be away for a while.

As league commissioner it is your final decision.You aren't going to make everyone happy and if they are really that unhappy they can just back out of the league. I would not do the draft fully automated however as it kills a bit of the fun. I find one of the most exciting aspects of Fantasy Football being the live draft. It would be good if we can get everyone there but if one or two can't make it, set your picks and trade like hell.

Capper

Live draft it is. That way people who can make it, can pick, other wise it will be as per your draft settings

Depending on how many people we get the rosters will be:

8 or Less people
QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, DST, K, 6 bench

10 or more people
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, DST, K, 6 bench

I dont want to make it to easy for everyone but tell m,e what you think??

Regarding the def, each sack should have been 0.5 not 5

Any other changes??

Capper

First game of the year is on 5th September, so i was thinking of having the draft on Monday night 27 August, time to be discussed (8pm start??) Is everyone ok with this time. I would like us to have our rosters atleast a week before the first game. We can have it sooner if the consensus would like. Let me know

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tabs on August 10, 2012, 09:55:09 PM
First game of the year is on 5th September, so i was thinking of having the draft on Monday night 27 August, time to be discussed (8pm start??) Is everyone ok with this time. I would like us to have our rosters atleast a week before the first game. We can have it sooner if the consensus would like. Let me know

as long as it is at night i can do any time just let me know when.

Capper

1. Mat0369 ( Vice Commisioner )
2. Monstrum
3. Shaggy
4. Bratpack
5. Tabs ( Commisioner )
6. Jukes
7. Colliwobblers
8. SuperSkill
9. Marcz

Down to 7, anyone else interested??

BratPack

If it's a 24 hour pick thing fine. If it's a live draft I'm no longer interested