Main Menu

FanFooty Favourite Beer

Started by monstrum, June 10, 2012, 03:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: BoredSaint on June 10, 2012, 05:06:10 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on June 10, 2012, 05:04:04 PM
not on your list, but..   a dan murphy's opened up near my place a few years back and i went on a beer testing adventure..
  i came across a Ukraine beer called "Obolen" premium lager. they dont seel it anymore,but that was one of the better beers ive tried.
"Svyturys Ekstra" was another nice one i came across, an ale type beer from Lithuania
A Rice beer from china called "Tsingtao" is a very refreshing summer lager..
   ...out of more "common" beers  "James Squire Amber Ale" is nectar of the gods,  also "Stella Artois" is a pretty decent lager
and because im a South Aussie  have to give "Coopers Pale Ale" a mention...
... oh and on a cold winters night "Coopers Dark Ale" is the bomb
yep we asians do indeed drink tsingtao :D
oh is it pretty popular?  rice beers can be abit hit and miss with me, but yeah thought it was nice..
       there is another beer that everyone should try..
   its "Young's Double Chocolate Stout" in the words of Molly Meldrum "Do yourself a favour"

monstrum

@Maidens.. "James Squire Amber Ale" i like that one it's nice aye..

Also like the Williams pale ale and their we tried their new lager a couple of weekends ago it was pretty good..

if u can get your hands on any of the "Grand Ridge Brewery" it's from gippsland my GF had 1 bottle we still have no idea where it came from but it was the best drink of this kind i'v had i reckon..

Grand Ridge Brewery - Hatlifter Stout (4.9% alc)
The brewers second beer released in the 90's and which in 1997 won grand champion at the AIBA. A full-flavoured, creamy, Irish-style stout.

upthemaidens

Quote from: monstrum on June 10, 2012, 06:40:07 PM
@Maidens.. "James Squire Amber Ale" i like that one it's nice aye..

Also like the Williams pale ale and their we tried their new lager a couple of weekends ago it was pretty good..

if u can get your hands on any of the "Grand Ridge Brewery" it's from gippsland my GF had 1 bottle we still have no idea where it came from but it was the best drink of this kind i'v had i reckon..

Grand Ridge Brewery - Hatlifter Stout (4.9% alc)
The brewers second beer released in the 90's and which in 1997 won grand champion at the AIBA. A full-flavoured, creamy, Irish-style stout.
grand ridge  never heard of it, is it a micro-brewery? if so they might not have a wide distribution..
  unfortunately i cant drink beer anymore, so i'll probably never try it :'(

BoredSaint

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 10, 2012, 06:18:57 PM
Quote from: BoredSaint on June 10, 2012, 05:06:10 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on June 10, 2012, 05:04:04 PM
not on your list, but..   a dan murphy's opened up near my place a few years back and i went on a beer testing adventure..
  i came across a Ukraine beer called "Obolen" premium lager. they dont seel it anymore,but that was one of the better beers ive tried.
"Svyturys Ekstra" was another nice one i came across, an ale type beer from Lithuania
A Rice beer from china called "Tsingtao" is a very refreshing summer lager..
   ...out of more "common" beers  "James Squire Amber Ale" is nectar of the gods,  also "Stella Artois" is a pretty decent lager
and because im a South Aussie  have to give "Coopers Pale Ale" a mention...
... oh and on a cold winters night "Coopers Dark Ale" is the bomb
yep we asians do indeed drink tsingtao :D
oh is it pretty popular?  rice beers can be abit hit and miss with me, but yeah thought it was nice..
       there is another beer that everyone should try..
   its "Young's Double Chocolate Stout" in the words of Molly Meldrum "Do yourself a favour"
well im no beer expert but i do see people drinking it.. and it seems to be pretty big overseas

Ziplock

Carlton Draught.

but tbh, I drink anything :P

LaHug

Quote from: Ziplock on June 10, 2012, 10:20:30 PM
Carlton Draught.

Carlton is my most consumed but only because of price...

Capper

so this is a continuation of Lahugs topic that we over took.

in that case (pun intended)
STELLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capper

Quote from: LaHug on June 10, 2012, 10:25:35 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 10, 2012, 10:20:30 PM
Carlton Draught.

Carlton is my most consumed but only because of price...
Stella cheaper than draught in Sydney

Ziplock

not going to lie, since I've gotten back from europe, and had all my funds sapped, with the exception of the absinthe I'd brought back, what I've been drinking lies somewhere in this kind of layout

5% Vodka
10% Carlton Draught/ whatever beer is on special
85% the cheapest, filthiest and therefore best goon money can buy.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ziplock on June 10, 2012, 10:34:57 PM
not going to lie, since I've gotten back from europe, and had all my funds sapped, with the exception of the absinthe I'd brought back, what I've been drinking lies somewhere in this kind of layout

5% Vodka
dude brew your own, way cheaper and better than most of the crappy cheap domestic beers out there

Fireballz

No love for pure blonde? PB on tap goes down a treat!

LaHug

Quote from: Ziplock on June 10, 2012, 10:34:57 PM

5% Vodka
I can't stand goon! I'd much rather buy a nasty as flower vodka and mix it with Homebrand OJ. I swear that juice makes the worst vodka imaginable taste like God's tears.

Ziplock

HTFU LH.  :P

is goon. Is good.

elephants

monstrum

@maidens, u cant drink beer? Thats a bummer... The grand ridge is a pretty big brewery i think. Its won a fare few awards and u can find it at Dan Murphy