Main Menu

FanFooty Favourite Beer

Started by monstrum, June 10, 2012, 03:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2012, 01:03:02 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 11, 2012, 11:15:01 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2012, 01:37:17 AM
Stop looking at me c4, I'm a poor university student who spends over 60 hours a week combined at uni and travelling, and doesn't have time for a job :P

tabs... take pictures :P

Then in its hayday, the Public Bar would have been right up your alley. $4-5 jugs of Geelong Bitter on Monday nights. Was a big favourite with the uni crowd. Unfortunately, it closed for good a couple of months ago. :'(

As I mentioned before, go to Deja Vu, $6 pints of international and local craft beer on Wednesday nights. It's cheap and you get to try some wicked new beers! Plus, I'll usually be kicking around there too! ;D

Quote from: tabs on June 11, 2012, 01:36:14 AM
were you really drinking the beer if you can remember them and how to spell them. i was and cant remember how to spell half of them let alone remember what they were called

Yes, really, really. Usually, I'll note the name of the beer on my phone, makes it easy to remember it. Of course, there are those beers, that you don't need to write down, because there is no way you're gonna forget it. :D
live in sydney c4 :P

Oh yeah, that's right. My bad.

Well in that case, save up and head on down to the Local Taphouse in Darlinghurst. Lots of great beer to be found there. :D

monstrum

Beer Myth

Corona is Mexican Piss
......  In the 1980s there was a rumor that Mexican workers were peeing in the Corona tanks that were destined for the US. Certainly alarmingly disgusting... if true. As it turns out this myth was started as a result of Corona's rising popularity in the US market, and who was jealous? Heineken. This was nothing more than a rumor started by a Heineken wholesaler in Reno. It all worked out, the guy from Heineken admitted his wrongdoing, and Corona continued it's rise to popularity. But the rumor can still be heard today in bars across the country.

monstrum

so without looking it up... (instilling alot of trust here)  :P

whats the most widley distributed beer in the world??

cheers for correct answers...

Ziplock

FOSTERS!

actually though

dunno :P

lol, I never even tried fosters until I was overseas though :S

:P

c4v3m4n

Quote from: monstrum on June 11, 2012, 02:53:54 PM
so without looking it up... (instilling alot of trust here)  :P

whats the most widley distributed beer in the world??

cheers for correct answers...

Corona. ::)

LaHug

Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2012, 03:04:08 PM
Do they even sell it here? I swear that I've never seen it...

monstrum

lol fosters...  whats that?  ???...

I always thought it was Heineken but it's seeming to be Corona now, i can't find any official lists or anything. I think Corona has taken over they're in 170 countries and heineken in 71

Ziplock

Quote from: LaHug on June 11, 2012, 03:16:26 PM
they do, but like nobody buys it.

apparently overseas though there's massive advertising campaigns that are like- this is what aussies drink!

:S

j959

Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2012, 03:27:17 PM

apparently overseas though there's massive advertising campaigns that are like- this is what aussies drink!

yep, was in the UK in Jun 2010 and they had Fosters' ads on their TV with some ocker Aussies being laid back and drinking it ... also had one in a UK pub and it was terrible ... I tried it because I'd heard the rumour that Crown lager was exported as Fosters ... that is untrue after my taste-test ...  :P   ;)

c4v3m4n

It's sad, but its true.

When I went overseas, I walked into this small pub in the countryside of England. Saw they had Fosters on tap (never had it b4 then) and I asked for a pint. As soon as they heard an Aussie ordering a Fosters, I had numerous people come up and talk to me about how it was their favourite beer and all trying to do their best Crocodile Dundee impression.

Looks like the world's view on Australia is still stuck in the 80s. :-\

monstrum

Fosters i think used to be popular in Aus but not anymore, but the Fosters group owns just about every other beer we drink here so i don't think they're to concerned..

"In recent years, Foster's has consistently sold in the region of 5 million hectolitres each year in the UK, making it the best selling beer after Carling.[10] While international marketing of the beer often focuses on its Australian connections, Foster's does not enjoy widespread popularity in Australia"

j959

How can you just have one???!  ;)

5pts Swan draft - i don't think this is the west aussie in me at all, it's just a good inexpensive beer.   ;)
4pts Guinness - mother's milk from Ireland
3pts James Squires 50 Lashes (think it's a) pale ale - might just be my fad beer of the moment but we'll see ...
2pts Little Creatures pale ale - oldie but goodie
1pts James Boags

Honourable mentions - Monteiths Radler, Kingfisher, Lucky (my wife got it for me and it was), Heinken (but has to be exported from Holland or it's sh*te), Trumer Pils ...

LaHug

Quote from: j959 on June 11, 2012, 03:56:35 PM

5pts Swan draft - i don't think this is the west aussie in me at all, it's just a good inexpensive beer.   ;)
3pts James Squires 50 Lashes (think it's a) pale ale - might just be my fad beer of the moment but we'll see ...
1pts James Boags

Honourable mentions - Monteiths Radler, Kingfisher, Lucky (my wife got it for me and it was), Heinken (but has to be exported from Holland or it's sh*te), Trumer Pils ...

It is a pale ale (quite delicious, too!) but it's actually called 150 lashes (and, although it's unimportant, I'm pretty sure it's written in words as One Fifty Lashes). ;)

j959

Quote from: LaHug on June 11, 2012, 04:26:43 PM
Quote from: j959 on June 11, 2012, 03:56:35 PM

1pts James Boags

It is a pale ale (quite delicious, too!) but it's actually called 150 lashes (and, although it's unimportant, I'm pretty sure it's written in words as One Fifty Lashes). ;)
i just nickname it to my abbreviated, "gimme a '50 lashes please" (stat)  ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 11, 2012, 03:34:22 PM

It's sad, but its true.

When I went overseas, I walked into this small pub in the countryside of England. Saw they had Fosters on tap (never had it b4 then) and I asked for a pint. As soon as they heard an Aussie ordering a Fosters, I had numerous people come up and talk to me about how it was their favourite beer and all trying to do their best Crocodile Dundee impression.

Looks like the world's view on Australia is still stuck in the 80s. :-\

haha. I totally wasn't reinforcing that stereotype...

'GDay mate, howz it goin'? Can ya russsssle me up a case of fosterss?'

just for showers and gigs :P