Lets say you were starting a NBA franchise...

Started by Jay, June 07, 2012, 09:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hi guys ive been pondering this one for ages....if you were starting an nba franchise, who would you choose out if KD and LBJ???

Personally id choose KD and with good reasoning...lebron isnt clutch and goes missing when the game is on the line (you cant disagree with me on that one)...just yesterday in game 5 of BOS vs MIA he didnt score for 8 minutes in the last quarter make of it what you will, the guy has some serious pressure issues

No doubt lebron is the best player in the league and as an all-around player is he a far way in front of Durant at this stage...but who would i prefer to have the ball with the game on the line? KD

Sure lebron would be a great addition to 'my team' him being the best player and all.......but i'd rather win

Thoughts? Oh and please dont boo me if your a Heat fan, just my opinion :)

Cicjose

I agree with lack of clutch but i would take the rest of his game over Durant every day

he is the most athletically gifted player i have ever seen

(never saw a lot of Jordan just highlights mainly)

Jay

Quote from: Cicjose on June 07, 2012, 09:24:47 PM
I agree with lack of clutch but i would take the rest of his game over Durant every day

he is the most athletically gifted player i have ever seen

(never saw a lot of Jordan just highlights mainly)
good points mate :) Durant is catching up to LBJ as an all-around player though, he might even get there in a few years

Agree with this
Quote from: Cicjose on June 07, 2012, 09:24:47 PM
but surely the gap isnt so big that it outweighs Durants game-winning ability?

Holz

I think lebron has been great in this post season, this is probably his best season he has been perfoming in the 4th and Im bias but i still think he is easily the best in the comp. Is very versatile can play him at PG, SF,PF Durrant is good and I would take him at 2 but is just not good enough.

valkorum

Durant in a heartbeat.  He has a better all-round game compared to LeBron. 

LeBron at 6ft10 should be playing as a PF not a SF.  He cant play PF because he has no strength in his legs (core) and gets pushed off to easily.  Look at him - he is top heavy.  He has amazing speed and athleticism for a guy of his size.  He is also a streaky shooter due to his technique where as Durant has a much better shooting technique.

monstrum

Can i extend the question slightly?..

In your franchise would u take ...

Rondo & durrant

Rondo & lebron

Lebron & wade

Durrant & wade

Shaggy

Cookie311993

Durante is still very young and has a lot more seasons playing. He would give a franchise a long time to build a solid team. Lbj could retire by the time you assemble a quality side

valkorum

monstrum

Shaggy

Yeah because Wade works so well with another person who needs the ball in his hands. -___-

LaHug

LeBron. My reasoning is as simple as this... Defence. Can defend 1-5 and also gets his points. That's where LeBron has a huge edge over Durant.

For monstrum's question, Rondo & LeBron.

Holz

Lebron and anyone for me, Lebron and rondo probably wouldnt be the best combination but it would still be good. Lebron and griffin would be pretty scary.

LaHug

Quote from: Holzman on June 12, 2012, 03:55:04 AM
Lebron and anyone for me, Lebron and rondo probably wouldnt be the best combination but it would still be good. Lebron and griffin would be pretty scary.
For just two players together, probably not...
But think about those two with a team around them! LeBron doesn't need to create his own shots with Rondo (but, obviously, still can). Rondo and LeBron would both be massive threats in the paint so teams would collapse leaving people with wide open shots. And, LeBron could clean up any mistakes Rondo makes letting people to the basket. I guess the big flaw is that LeBron getting doubled and dishing to Rondo outside isn't the best move ever....

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on June 12, 2012, 11:02:18 AM
Quote from: Holzman on June 12, 2012, 03:55:04 AM
For just two players together, probably not...
But think about those two with a team around them! LeBron doesn't need to create his own shots with Rondo (but, obviously, still can). Rondo and LeBron would both be massive threats in the paint so teams would collapse leaving people with wide open shots. And, LeBron could clean up any mistakes Rondo makes letting people to the basket. I guess the big flaw is that LeBron getting doubled and dishing to Rondo outside isn't the best move ever....

yeah thats what im worried about rondo cant shoot but is a great passing player so you colapse on lebron. I just think lebron and a real big man would be a deadly combo.