Main Menu

Carlton vs Geelong

Started by Bill Manspeaker, June 06, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

okay so i'm in a tipping comp with my mate and he's 1 in front.

he barracks for the Blues so he'll be going Carlton this week, and i reckon i might have to go the Cats

i know Carlton get up for big games though... so i'm not sure?

who do ya reckon will win?

(moved from the AFL section for more views :P)

Mat0369

Carlton play Etihad like crap (even when they are in form), the injury toll is massive with 10 of their best 22 currently injured while also missing 2 or 3 depth players. Cats should win comfortably.

Ziplock

yeah, neither are blindingly brilliant atm, but carlton's injury list should give the cats an edge.

fever

as a geelong supporter i can tell you that carlton match up very well on us, and usually beat us. their injuries are the only thing making me consider tipping us.

elephants

Cats for me.

Form, injuries and their ability to play at Etihad sees my money on the Catters.

Ziplock

usually beat you? really?

Sorry, I can't see carlton having beat geelong a significant number of times over the last half dozen years or so...

that being said I dont have the stats on me :P

Mat0369

Quote from: fever on June 06, 2012, 08:54:52 PM
as a geelong supporter i can tell you that carlton match up very well on us, and usually beat us. their injuries are the only thing making me consider tipping us.
Those wins have come at the G. Had Robbie Warnock been able to kick straight that is the first time Carlton would have EVER beat Geelong at Etihad. This is coming from a Carlton supporter, if it was at the G Carlton might have been able to exploit Geelong with their pace, but the smaller ground and the injuries, I don't see them winning.

Bill Manspeaker

i like your reasoning Mat. i have no idea of how they've really come up against each other, but you sound like you know what's goin on.

as a Saints supporter, this feels so wrong to say... but for the good of the tipping comp, GO CATS!!!

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on June 06, 2012, 10:42:32 PM
usually beat you? really?

Sorry, I can't see carlton having beat geelong a significant number of times over the last half dozen years or so...

that being said I dont have the stats on me :P
lol, Carlton always used to beat Geelong.

*Waits for CF to come up with actual stat*

Mat0369

I honestly could not remember the last time Carlton beat them at Etihad and decided to look it up. They have NEVER beat Geelong at Etihad staduim. I looked up Carltons best from the game last year.

Carlton: Murphy, Simpson, Gibbs, Laidler, Scotland

Scotland, Laidler and Murphy are all out. Heath Scotland actually received the 3 Brownlow votes from the game. Waite was a contested marking machine in the forward line that game. He is also out. Mitch Robinson was the sub last time around but I don't expect that to happen again. Geelong will be missing 5-7 players from the team that played them last time. Carlton will be missing 8-10 players who played last time. Steve Johnson is usually held pretty well by Jordan Russell. Russell has a hamstring problem and is out at least this week.

I think they will lose. I think they are undermanned and it will show at the end of the game. But I am hoping Carlton can get up, this has been a season of upsets, if Carlton were to win, it would be an upset.

Mat0369

Quote from: PowerBug on June 07, 2012, 12:45:19 AM
lol, Carlton always used to beat Geelong.

*Waits for CF to come up with actual stat*

The last 4 times the two teams have played is a 2-2 split. Geelong have won both games at Etihad, Carlton have won both at the G. If this was at the G Carlton would have a real shot and probably win based on recent history.

Sillyken

I like Blues, they always put up a good fight against the Cats