Main Menu

Kings Trade Proposal

Started by valkorum, June 06, 2012, 12:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

How about this?

Rumors are that Kings may be looking to offload Tyreke Evans.  How about trading Evans to Charlotte for Pick #2.  Charlotte pretty much have no players and Tyreke would be a player that they can build around - he is young, fit and has shown he can cut it at NBA level.

Kings then use that pick to get Kidd-Gilchrist as we desperately need a SF. 

I believe its a win-win

BratPack

Quote from: valkorum on June 06, 2012, 12:03:05 PM
I believe its a win-win

And it's for that reason it will never happen. Sacramento wants to tank so they can get the hell out of Sacramento and Charlotte will tank cause while he was the greatest basketballer ever, Michael Jordan sucks as an owner

valkorum

Quote from: BratPack on June 06, 2012, 12:44:22 PM
Quote from: valkorum on June 06, 2012, 12:03:05 PM
I believe its a win-win

And it's for that reason it will never happen. Sacramento wants to tank so they can get the hell out of Sacramento and Charlotte will tank cause while he was the greatest basketballer ever, Michael Jordan sucks as an owner

The Maloofs are starting to shower me.  There are rumors that they deliberately killed the deal for a new stadium in Sacramento so that we have to move.

I still think the deal is a great one ;)

Jay

Hey Valkorum...Dwight would look great in a Kings uniform! Get on it mate ;)

valkorum

Quote from: Jayman on June 07, 2012, 09:04:52 PM
Hey Valkorum...Dwight would look great in a Kings uniform! Get on it mate ;)

I actually have thought about this a lot.  He would look SENSATIONAL in a Kings uniform but it will never happen.  Imagine Cousins at PF and Howard at C - unstoppable.  We would be instant playoff contenders.

Shaggy

While it is a somewhat sensible trade, Tyreke isn't going to get you the 2nd pick and MKG isn't going to compete your side.

#justsaying

rowshow

Another kings fan!!! Yesssssssss thats makes 2

Reke needs to work on his jumper and he will be a top 10 player dont think we need to trade to get gilly. Our pick isnt too bad and hopefully robinson gilly or barnes is are still there at 5 which is almost certain, any of the 3 will help the squad, Jimmer will have a pre season behind him this year and will be twice the shooter he was.

valkorum

Quote from: Shaggy on June 08, 2012, 10:51:07 PM
While it is a somewhat sensible trade, Tyreke isn't going to get you the 2nd pick and MKG isn't going to compete your side.

#justsaying

Tyreke is also out of place at the Kings.  He is not a good enough PG as he doesn't have a passing game.  Thornton is a much better SG cos he can actually shoot.  He was tried at SF this season but he cant move without the ball in his hands.

IMO the the starting lineup looks like (before draft and trades):

PG: Isiah Thomas
SG: Marcus Thornton
SF: Terrance Williams
PF: Donte Green
C: Boogie Cousins

Then you have coming off the bench:

Tyreke (PG/SG)
Jimmer (PG/SG)
Hayes (C/PF)
Honeycutt (SF/PF)
Salmons (SG/SF)
Thompson (PF/C)

valkorum

Rumors that Memphis are having salary cap issues and are looking to potentially move Rudy Gay.  A rumor surfacing is the Bobcats may offer pick #2 for him. 

The Kings have the salary cap space and I think pick #5 is worth it.

rowshow

Quote from: valkorum on June 11, 2012, 12:04:49 PM

#justsaying

Tyreke is also out of place at the Kings.  He is not a good enough PG as he doesn't have a passing game.  Thornton is a much better SG cos he can actually shoot.  He was tried at SF this season but he cant move without the ball in his hands.

Tyreke (PG/SG)
Jimmer (PG/SG)
Hayes (C/PF)
Honeycutt (SF/PF)
Salmons (SG/SF)
Thompson (PF/C)

Would you really take greene ahead of JT at PF? Just curious as to your thought on this. I see JT the better player BY FAR

Also watch Jimmer score for fun off the bench this year. The lockout last year cost him bigtime and i can see him doubling his numbers.

Shaggy

Jimmer will be rather beast with a pre-season behind him. And Thornton is just a beast.

rowshow

Quote from: Shaggy on June 11, 2012, 03:15:41 PM
Jimmer will be rather beast with a pre-season behind him. And Thornton is just a beast.

Thornton is a gun. Agreed
I love jimmer more than i probably should  :-[ , even though hes a mad churchie

Jay

#justsaying

Tyreke (PG/SG)
Jimmer (PG/SG)
Hayes (C/PF)
Honeycutt (SF/PF)
Salmons (SG/SF)
Thompson (PF/C)
dont get me wrong, but isnt tyreke the Kings best player?? he was beast in his rookie season right?? :)

Shaggy

I also think that whilst Tyreke would make a better SG than anything else, his largest issue is the acquisition of Salmons also moves him back yet another spot.

rowshow

Quote from: Jayman on June 11, 2012, 03:24:32 PM

#justsaying

Tyreke (PG/SG)
Jimmer (PG/SG)
Hayes (C/PF)
Honeycutt (SF/PF)
Salmons (SG/SF)
Thompson (PF/C)
dont get me wrong, but isnt tyreke the Kings best player?? he was beast in his rookie season right?? :)

He was but not now. Thornton, Big Cuz and argubaly T-will all better players now