Main Menu

Kings Trade Proposal

Started by valkorum, June 06, 2012, 12:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

@rowshow - oops, I meant JT ahead of Greene.  I thought it looked funny when I previewed the post but I couldn't work out why.

@jayman I would rate Boogie as our best player.  He stepped up big time this season - keep in mind it is only his second season.

Tyreke is a good player but he has to have the ball in his hands but he isn't that great a PG.  Thomas has shown that he is a natural point guard and you would be crazy not to have him running the point.  Hence why he played the back half of the season and was rookie of the month twice.

Tyreke was rookie of the year and this was predominantly because of his drive - he has a special ability to get to the rim and get a shot off.  He doesn't have the vision to spot another player while he is doing this (ala Wade) and he doesnt have an outside shooting game.  If he could get an outside shooting game and learn to move off the ball then he would be an extremely  dangerous threat (who wouldn't if they could drive and shoot effectively).  He is really easy to defend cos the defender just sags off a foot or 2 and protects the drive - they would rather let him shoot.

The Salmons acquisition was a waste of money as he has done nothing last season and then got injured.  I think he is living off his past deeds.  I would rather see Williams and Honeycutt in the SF position.

On the draft side of things we need a SF of either MKG/Barnes or a another quality big man in Robinson/Drummond.  I think Drummond is a bit like Cousins in that he is very raw but potentially can be a quality big man in a few seasons.

Jay

This thread has opened my eyes in regards to Kings! Will be a very good team in 2-3 years I reckon

valkorum

Quote from: Jayman on June 11, 2012, 09:26:31 PM
This thread has opened my eyes in regards to Kings! Will be a very good team in 2-3 years I reckon

And we are still about 20million under the salary cap.

RiOtChEsS

Trade Tyreke to The Knicks they love ball hoggers who dont pass :P

rowshow

so looks like its JT or Ryan ANderson from orlando. Anderson clearly the better shooter and offense but JT better on the boards and blocks.. also gives backup to cuz at C.  if we get rid of JT then hayes will get more time which i dont like. but anderson will definatley improve our team, tough coz the maloofs are cheap barbies that wont spend any more than the minimum

Jay

a tyrkeke for eric gordon trade would be interesting

rowshow

just watched the first half of our summer league games against charlotte and Trob looks a bit shaky maybe nervous and trying to do too much putting up low % shots and shooting about 4/10 i think. Made a nice long 3 though. MKG looks like a gun scoring for fun and dominating the game albeit against a poor kings team with no one of note playing bar jimmer and whiteside

valkorum

I wouldnt be paying too much attention to the summer league - its basically to give TRob a run and give Jimmer more time with the ball in his hands.   

valkorum

Kings have been busy overnight.

1) Trade
In: James Johnson (from Toronto)
Out: Future 2nd round pick (2014 is what I am hearing)

2) Signed: Aaron Brooks (FA)

3) Wavered: Hassan Whiteside - 2nd round pick from 2010 draft who has done nothing (even in D-league)

This leaves the Kings with 14 on the roster and still a decision to make whether to keep Terrence Williams & Donte Greene (Both FA).  I think the signing of Johnson means we wont re-sign T-Will and Donte Greene was never gonna get re-signed leaving us with 14 players and room to move later in the season if required.