If There Are MBR's Next Year....

Started by Windigo, June 05, 2012, 09:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

If there was, to keep everyone sane/make it easier on people.

Why the flower not have just a 3 week rolling partial lockout and treat it as just one big mega round.

Don't have league games and start league games from round one and treat this mega round as "DT league game byes."

Tell me, what is wrong with doing that?   ???

owenbond007

why cant the afl just fixture so there is a week off for all teams. Maybe state of origin round in the bye week.

Windigo

Well that's another alternative.  :P

Joe Dirt

if you have a 3 week rolling lockout, that means each team only plays once over 3 weeks, i dont think they want teams missing 2 games in a row.

Dudge

Quote from: Windigo on June 05, 2012, 09:07:03 PM
If there was, to keep everyone sane/make it easier on people.

Why the flower not have just a 3 week rolling partial lockout and treat it as just one big mega round.

Don't have league games and start league games from round one and treat this mega round as "DT league game byes."

Tell me, what is wrong with doing that?   ???

Windy- word for word, thats identicai to what i told a work mate

betch ya

probably would be better for over 3 rounds - not good havin 0's and lower scores imo

dtrain

Holz

3 players on the bench would have solved it, you could have easily covered the byes with that

Dave085

Wasnt the mid year bye designed to give players a rest? Im all for state of origin however i dont think it would be beneficial for anyone, including viewers, to have it in the middle of the season. Needs to be at the end, so that clubs dont worry about injuries as much and the players can go hard, like its supposed to be. Hard tough passionate footy.

jabroni

i reckon 2 separate bye weeks for the whole league - 1 after rd 8 and another after rd 18 would sort it - lockout both rounds so nothing takes place then resume as normal sunday night 9pm

European football takes a winter break so im not going to lose my shower if i dont get to watch footy for 1 week

TheHanger

doesn't the split round that has been around for awhile have the exact same effect as bye rounds, just doesn't extend the season (correct me if I'm wrong)

It seems like the real reason for the mega bye rounds is for the extra TV dollars. A split round would be partial lockout like normal and players still get a week off.

Spite

Quote from: Holzman on June 05, 2012, 10:22:37 PM
3 players on the bench would have solved it, you could have easily covered the byes with that

That is what will happen next year, along with a 2/2 sub/bench system, so instead of copping a donut, you will get a rookie scoring 20 or so points instead. DT is going to suck.

tbagrocks

The AFL like money (apparently 1.2 billion isn't enough, but Richmond still have to have their own dept reduction nights :o) so I thing the AFL want as long a season as possable (don't worry about the players, as long as we get more money) this will always kill us fantasy guy's and I don't think there's a whole lot we can do ::)

Andrew

Quote from: Holzman on June 05, 2012, 10:22:37 PM

+1, I'm sure that's what they'll return to next season. All year I've felt like I've been a player short!

Windigo

Yeah, 3 on the bench was awesome last year.

Do you think the people who make DT would listen to players opinions?  ???