Main Menu

Finals betting

Started by Sillyken, June 05, 2012, 12:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sillyken

Anyone had much thought about which teams will make the finals this year?

I am thinking in this order:
West Coast
Essendon
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Carlton
Adelaide
Sydney
Richmond

I am targetting some early market odds on the finals betting and have noticed some sites giving great odds on carlton to make the final 8. I cannot believe that it is even on the cards, as if Blues wont fire up for the remainder of the season.

I've got the best odds here at 1.90 so far: http://bit.ly/LFuzAi
Who i think are underwritten by sportsbet.

I haven't taken it yet but will surely load up, anyone else got better odds, wouldn't mind a sign up bonus to boot as well  ;D

upthemaidens

they are $1.90 at every bookie ive seen, so no big deal.. also theres a reason why they are at that price, have a look at the next 5 weeks for them..  geelong, west coast, bye, hawthorn, collingwood.. if thats not bad enough they also need to play richmond, essendon, sydney and st kilda...so do some basic research before getting all wet over odds.
..  once again they are $1.90 for a reason..
   P.S. looks like you are trying to advertise that bookie by posting a link, or trying to get a bonus or something..

Nails

Essendon have played 7 of the bottom 9 teams...

Not sure why everyone is so hot on them to be a top 2-4 team...

This time last year they were 5th and dropped to 8th. They've had it easy so far, only 3 top 8 teams that they've played against.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Nails on June 05, 2012, 08:12:28 PM

This time last year they were 5th and dropped to 8th. They've had it easy so far, only 3 top 8 teams that they've played against.
I believe we will come 6th, have a home final, win and get knocked out next round.

picker_man

haha i had a similiar argument with someone on here about adelaide a few weeks back. They we're going on about the crows being crap due to who they had played and i think its the most stupidest argumennt you can come up with ::) All's that matters is there win / lose ratio as all's a team can do is play who there put up against. Teams like Essenden and Adelaide should have no issues making finals, and teams like the cats, blues, hawks etc and there fans need to realise that one year it wont go all there way..

Jukes

What happened in the other three games? 5 goal win over then-premiership favourite Carlton, a ten goal win over then premiership favourite West Coast, and an unfortunate 1 point loss to Collingwood, who have 3 grand finals in the last 2 years.

Sillyken

I think bombers will do better than 6th, they have proven themselves to be a big competitor this year. Yeah they lost to melbourne, but they did last year too, i remember the odds being 4.50 on melbourne or something around that and at no time in the game did bombers put up a fight. Let's not dwell on that game too much, I like the bombers chances and i dont think we should write them off just yet.

If i was going to bet on bombers I would need to take top 4 though, as that looks to be 2.50, but that may be risky, top 8 is only 1.20, if i had enough money to load up on that it might be worth it but im just a dweller at the bottom of the bookies barrell and cant do that.