WXV Round 11: A Round Over 2 Weeks

Started by ossie85, June 05, 2012, 09:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Right, first off, we have slightly different rules this week.

- This round will be played over Round 11, and half of Round 12 (with only scores from Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS, North Melbourne, West Coast and the Bulldogs counting in Round 12)
- There will be no rolling lock-out, I feel that causes too much of an advantage
- Instead of 3 emergencies, each team can name 5 emergencies

Any questions?

And now to the matches!

The Pumas are the hunted. But they just keep getting away.... Last week's 170 was truly inspired, and it will take a lot from Moscow to beat them at home. Moscow had a disappointing week last week which ended a 5 match streak. A danger game for the Pumas.

Now a game clear in 2nd spot, but 2 matches behind the Pumas, the Suns can't afford to lose another game if they want to take the minor premiership. They are at home to London, who are coming off the back of a performance that gave PNL there first win. I think the Suns have there eyes on the prize now.

Without Marc Murphy, the Warriors have struggled, and Cape Town recently have struggled for consistency. At 3rd v 5th, a top 4 spot is up for grabs here.

The Wolves are looking impressive but have lost Scott Pendlebury, but Buenos Aires aren't looking impressive by should get back Dane Swan.....

Tokyo are only a match and percentage out of the 8, but would need to defeat Beijing to keep finals aspirations alive as it will be tough to come back from 4-7.... Beijing will have other plans though.

Seoul need to start stringing matches together, and would be confident of defeating an injury plagued New York. New York have surprised at stages this year however.

Having lost 5 of the last 6, you would think New Delhi would be pleased to play the team that currently sits last on the ladder. But PNL are rejuvenated, and will be looking to make it 2 in a row.

I think this is just about the most interesting match. Can Pacific stop a recent poor run of form? Can Berlin find some consistency? Neither side looks likely finals contenders, but dreams can be had!

Cairo are on a 2 game streak, and will be favourites to make it 3 in a row against Dublin. If I was a betting man, I'd say we'll find Dublin last on the table after this round.

Round 11

Home Team   Score      Score   Away Team   Location

Cape Town Cobras   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Wellington Warriors   Newlands Cricket Ground
Toronto Wolves   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Buenos Aires Armadillos   Rogers Centre, Toronto
Sao Paulo Pumas   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Moscow Spetsnaz   Estádio do Pumas
Pacific Islanders   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Berlin Brewers   BSP Stadium, Suva, Fiji
Mexico City Suns   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   London Royals   Guadalajara
New York Eagles   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Seoul Magpies   MetLife Stadium, New Jersey, USA
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   New Delhi Tigers   Stade de Gerland
Dublin Destroyers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Cairo Sands   Crooke Park
Tokyo Samurai   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Beijing Bears   National Olympic Stadium, Tokyo

c4v3m4n

Jeez, not being able to see the future for the Round 12 team sheets will make this very tough.

CrowsFan

Yeah certainly does c4. Especially for my team since from my team that played in round 10 I have 6 who have the bye in round 11, add to that Jacobs who didn't play last round and that's half my team not playing round 11...

PowerBug

Thank gawd port don't have the bye this week ;D

ossie85

A very early preliminary team.....

D: B Deledio (Capt), M Scarlett, J Gram, E Mackenzie

M: R Griffen, J Kelly, J Steven, J Bolton

R: B Renouf

F: P Dangerfield (V-Capt), L Power, H Ballantyne, C Dawes

I: B Gibbs, T Scully

E: S Coniglio, C Yarran, Alwyn Davey, H O'Brien, N Maxwell

In: M Scarlett, E Mackenzie, C Dawes

Out: C Yarran (omitted), H O'Brien (omitted), A Davey (omitted)

10 rounds, 10 centuries. Nice numbers from Brett Deledio indeed, and he gets the Captaincy again. Dangerfield's scores have pushed him into the vice-captain role, giving Seoul the unique look of having no midfielders in the leadership duo.

Scarlett's last 4 scores of 108, 98, 115 and 84 have forced his way into the team, and Mackenzie gets another shot to prove himself. Chris Yarran sent back to Pyongyang to prove his fitness, while Harry O needs to work on his consistency.

Unchanged midfield, though Jack Steven would be disappointed with his effort last week. Coniglio named first emergency, after another century.

McEvoy still a while away, so Renouf will shoulder the ruck again.

Loving Paddy Dangerfield this year, while Dawes comes in for the disappointing Alwyn Davey.

Maca24

Lewis out for 2, Foley out, Goodes, Waite and Hodge still away. ahh :P

Mexico City Suns

Backs: B.Goddard (C), S.Gilbert, S.Burgoyne, G.Ibbotson.
Mids: J.Bartel, B.McLean, B.Howlett, B.Ebert.
Frwds: P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, A.Didak, T.Milera.
Rucks: A.Sandilands (VC)
Bench: I.Maric, M.Firrito.
Emergencies: D.Pfeiffer, M.Mattner, M.White, K.Hardingham, K.Reimers.

c4v3m4n

Pacific Islanders Round 11 Team Sheet

DEF: Josh Gibson, Tim Mohr, Matthew Jaensch, Lewis Roberts-Thomson
MID: David Ellard, Chris Judd, Levi Greenwood, Simon Black
FWD: Drew Petrie, Andrew Walker, Quinten Lynch, Jamie Elliott
RUC: Darren Jolly

INT: Tom Simpkin, Nick Smith

EMG: Cameron Wood, Jack Newnes, Daniel Kerr, Sam Reid, Jack Anthony

CAPT: Chris Judd (keeping the faith)
VCAPT: Matthew Jaensch

IN: Jamie Elliott, Nick Smith, Simon Black
OUT: Daniel Kerr (general soreness), Tom Simpkin (omission), Sam Reid (omission)

FisherSaints

So do we have to name our team by tommorow

ossie85

pothead

Wellington Warriors Initial Round 11 squad

Backline: Jed Adcock, Alex Rance, Josh Drummond, Mithell Golby
Midfield: Scott Thompson, Lenny Hayes, Liam Picken, Joel Corey
Forward: Taylor Walker, Leroy Jetta, Robin Nahas, Ryan Lester
Ruck: Jonathan Giles
Interchange: Tomas Bugg, Isaac Smith

Emergencies: Brandon Ellis, Reece Conca, Aaron Cornelius, Dennis Armfield, Joel Patfull

CrowsFan

Pumas Round 11 Team

Def - Houli, Thompson, Tuohy, Armstrong
Mid - Ablett, Sloane, Wallis, Hartlett
Fwd - Zaharakis, Roughead, Whitecross, Wright
Ruck - Jacobs
Int - Hannebery, Minson

Emg - Cross, Blair, Motlop, Ducan, Tape

Captain - Gary Ablett
Vice Captain - Rory Sloane

In - Tony Armstrong, Brendan Whitecross, Sam Jacobs
Out - Beau Waters, Daniel Cross, Jarryd Blair

With Waters, Fisher and McMahon all currently out of action my backline is getting stretched very thin. Armstrong comes in to the squad for his debut game, more out of necessity rather than good form in the reserves. Cross and Blair lose their spots in the squad after sub par performances last week, whilst Whitecross and Jacobs make their way back in to the side.

meow meow

The Puma's coach just told his backline that they suck! They're mentally weak individuals and they'll go into their shells this week. The coach has lost the players.

Gazza, Sloan and Hartlett dominated last week. Expect heavy tags. Ablett will find himself in a situation that is normally a good thing, but not this week: he'll have a blonde all over him. Sloan looks every chance to knock himself out, and Hartlett's hamstrings are due. The curly haired flash in the pan will be shown up by the man he'll always be linked with and compared to. WXV rising star? Cast an eye to the opposition forward line to see the man worthy.

Whitecross was dropped a few weeks ago. He'll remind his coach why. Nobody notices Wright, and the scorers will be no exception.

During his little break, Minson will look deep inside and ask himself what he loves about football, why he plays it. He will rediscover his old love of years gone by. His love of giving away free kicks. He is more addicted than Darren Jolly.

Moscow Spetsnaz

Heath Shaw still out hurts, but it's not a lethal blow. An immortal god, an irishman who will cut up a lowly team, a man playing in the points friendly ruck position should do well. I'll support and encourage my backline.

A man ready and able to unleash a huge game, a man who beats up on chump teams, a man who will pick up the slack when the opposition's captain doesn't perform, and the man who will win the earlier mentioned battle.

The real WXV rising star, King Lion who is up against a bunch of midgets, a man who defines X-factor, and our captain who has been unstoppable lately.

A couple of solid contributors on the bench, and an emergency list that is a look into the future rounds out the team nicely.

B: Dustin Fletcher, Marty Clarke, Jason Blake, James Frawley
C: Dustin Martin (vc), Ryan Bastinac, Harley Bennell, Tom Liberatore
R: Nic Naitanui
F: Adam Treloar, Jonathan Brown, Brandon Matera, Dayne Beams (c)
I: Shaun Higgins, Justin Sherman

E: Ben Sinclair, Jordan Roughead, Brodie Smith, Alex Sexton, Will Hoskin-Elliott

CrowsFan

Sounds to me meow like your players didn't want to fly out of Moscow this week and you had to stretch at straws to find reasons why they stand a chance in the heat of Brazil. But now it's time to shoot down your reassuring words to your players.

I said the back line was being stretched, I never said they suck. The players picked are all capable of doing their job showing the depth the Pumas boast. Houli is ready to stand up in the absence of others and lead the defense, whilst big Rory is fired up afterbeing called a midget and is ready to show how good he is, standing 5cm taller than the so called King Lion.

Hoping for injuries to the opposition is always a sign of weakness, just a heads up but every week Sloane strengthens his head by headbutting a wall, it is now impossible for him to be knocked out, whilst during the summer Hartlett took up Brazilian yoga and so his muscles are as loose as they can be. Wallis has specifically asked to go one on one with Libba this week and I am going to grant him that request as he is ready to prove he is the better player and further cement his place as the rising star. Which brings us to Ablett... he was gutted last week about only getting 53 touches and having to share the record with another player. He is determined to come out this round and notch up at least 54 touches so he can have the record to himself. You have been warned.

Which brings us to the forward line. Roughead is itching to get out on the field so he can run rings around old man Fletcher. Zaha and Whitecross are up for the challenge (I use that term lightly) too. Whilst Wright is happy to go around unnoticed picking up the touches and scoring goals at will whilst no one matches up on him.

No need to talk about the ruckman, they are big enough and solid enough to look out for themselves and don't need any words from me.

No need for me to slander your team, the Pumas already know they are better and so I don't need to belittle your players to make the Pumas ready to play. Finally one last thing. Welcome to Brazilian heat, we hope you enjoy your stay ;)

PowerBug

Backs: S.Hurn , G.Johncock , D.Wojcinski , D.Nicholson         
Mids: D.Swan {C} , M.Boyd {VC} , K.Cornes , J.McKenzie
Rucks: R.Warnock   
Fors: M.Robinson , S.Crameri , J.Schulz , C.Cornes
Int: S.Buckley , J.Petrenko      
Em: J.Westhoff , B.Jacobs , J.Redden , P.Stewart , M.Dea         

OUT: H.Scotland , T.Boak , B.Jacobs , J.Westhoff
IN: D.Wojcinski , D.Swan , G.Johncock , J.Schulz

When i saw that Woja was playing on the Game Plan last night, you should've seen the smile on my face, only then to see that Jesse Stringer weas dropped. :( Very weak side, thankfully Swan's back, i think Boak isn't injured but is actually going back to Melbourne to talk about his future. Jay Schulz gets a gig with his recent good form, and Westhoff stands aside as he's been below par this year. Dan Nicholson also gets a run for Ben Jacobs, both who i believe will become good scorers in future. Robbie Warnock holds his spot, turns out he wasn't a waste from Pick 5, as he can defidently score.

pyronerd

Defender   I   Grant Birchall   
Defender   II   Dyson Heppell   
Defender   III   Jake Batchelor   
Defender   IV   Courtney Dempsey   
Midfielder   V   Michael Rischitelli   
Midfielder   VI   Andrew Gaff   
Midfielder   VII   Bernie Vince   
Midfielder   VIII   Shane Savage   
Ruck   IX   Dean Cox   
Forward   X   Arryn Siposs   
Forward   XI   Jack Darling   
Forward   XII   Ahmed Saad   
Forward   XIII   Alex Fasolo   
Interchange   XIV   Ben Cunnington   
Interchange   XV   Mike Pyke   

Emergency      
   I   Jack Hombsch   
   II   Matthew de Boer   
   III   Jayden Pitt
        IV     Jake Melksham
        V   John McCarthy

Captain   Dean Cox   
   Vice-Captain   Michael Rischitelli

Struggling to find players at the moment, doesn't help when I don't even know who some of my players play for :P