WXV: State of Origin!

Started by c4v3m4n, June 05, 2012, 02:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

alot of good vics wernt taken be either team and I think Juddy will be able to make it through to be our star mid. Happy to see 3 dublin players in the team Grima has been a jet coming back from injury pity he pushed out thompson and is hurting his scoring.

CrowsFan

Quote from: FisherSaints on June 05, 2012, 05:58:32 PM
So I can't name the players selected in the AAP and EuroAsia teams
No

c4v3m4n

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 05, 2012, 11:45:08 AM
I fear Hellpplz that we won't have much firepower  :-\
Don't worry, we'll find a way to manage and win :D.

PowerBug

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 05, 2012, 02:05:25 AM
5. Teams will be chosen in the following order: AAP, EUR then QLD/NT, NSW/ACT/TAS, ABOR, ROW, WA, SA, VICC and finally VICM. I feel this will be the fairest as QLD/NT and NSW/ACT/TAS have very limited squad choices, whereas both Victorian teams have an abundance of players. Once the team before you has chosen their initial playing squad of 20, then it's your turn.
Why does this matter, as each player can only be named in one squad anyway. ???

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on June 07, 2012, 12:37:25 AM
5. Teams will be chosen in the following order: AAP, EUR then QLD/NT, NSW/ACT/TAS, ABOR, ROW, WA, SA, VICC and finally VICM. I feel this will be the fairest as QLD/NT and NSW/ACT/TAS have very limited squad choices, whereas both Victorian teams have an abundance of players. Once the team before you has chosen their initial playing squad of 20, then it's your turn.

Not really, Aboriginal and Internationals particularly can qualify twice. Also, a player like Nick Riewoldt is controversially a Tasmanian by some definitions, Queenslander by others....

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on June 07, 2012, 07:43:59 AM

Not really, Aboriginal and Internationals particularly can qualify twice. Also, a player like Nick Riewoldt is controversially a Tasmanian by some definitions, Queenslander by others....
But i'm doing Queensland and Nick Riewoldt isn't on my list... ???

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on June 07, 2012, 11:19:48 AM

List must be on the Tasmanian definition :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on June 07, 2012, 11:29:02 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 07, 2012, 11:19:48 AM

List must be on the Tasmanian definition :)

For AFL, State of Origin players are listed by the state they were BORN in.

As Nick Riewoldt was born in Tasmania, he is listed in the NSW/ACT/TAS team. But Maca and I couldn't pick him as he'd already been listed to play for the AAP Alliance.

Also, the NSW/ACT/TAS team will be announced when I get home (on a train atm using my phone).

PowerBug

But my question is still not answered, why do the teams need to be picked in order if they are only available in one squad??

Ringo

Quote from: PowerBug on June 07, 2012, 12:19:00 PM
But my question is still not answered, why do the teams need to be picked in order if they are only available in one squad??
Not seeing the Team listing PB can not be 100% but say take Joel Wilkinson he should be on the Qld list and possibly also on the Aboriginal list so you as Qld Selector would have first option on him followed by the aboriginals if you follow the selection order. This may be the rationale and it is the only one I can think of.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on June 07, 2012, 12:28:27 PM
Not seeing the Team listing PB can not be 100% but say take Joel Wilkinson he should be on the Qld list and possibly also on the Aboriginal list so you as Qld Selector would have first option on him followed by the aboriginals if you follow the selection order. This may be the rationale and it is the only one I can think of.
Joel Wilkinson is not on the Qld list.

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on June 07, 2012, 12:49:56 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 07, 2012, 12:28:27 PM
Joel Wilkinson is not on the Qld list.

We answered your question PB - some players (Aboriginals/Internationials) could be named in multiple squads......

PowerBug

Queensland/Northern Territory

Backs: Josh Drummond, Peter Yagmoor, Courtenay Dempsey, Cheynee Stiller, Tom Logan
Mids: Simon Black, Andrew Raines, Shaun Edwards, Aaron Davey, Joel McDonald, Jared Brennan
Rucks: Tom Hickey, Zac Smith, Shaun Hampson
Forwards: Dayne Zorko, Cyril Rioli, Dayne Beams, Brendan Whitecross, Alex Sexton, Zeph Skinner

Purple 77

BTW PB, you are sam blease?