Main Menu

Unbelievable Win to Melbourne!!!

Started by Beard, June 02, 2012, 11:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: Cruiseon on June 02, 2012, 11:46:38 PM
Watching the Dees beat the Dons & Port flog Carlton was the perfect night for a Pies supporter but i'm not getting cocky. The way this weekend is going the Suns could knock us off tomorrow.

That would ease all of your pain!
esspecially after last week :P

Capper

its the curse of the top spot and the so called flag contenders.

Everytime the aticle comes out about a team being contenders they lose

It happened to the hawks (lost to Sydney), Sydney (lost to crows), West Coast (lost to Bombesrs), Carlton (lost to saints)

elephants

I agree with tabs... Therefore Collingwood should be falg favourites ;D

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: tabs on June 03, 2012, 02:03:56 AM
its the curse of the top spot and the so called flag contenders.

Everytime the aticle comes out about a team being contenders they lose

It happened to the hawks (lost to Sydney), Sydney (lost to crows), West Coast (lost to Bombesrs), Carlton (lost to saints)
Don't forget the Bombers, Power and Adelaide!

roo boys!

Demons <3 I'M ON THE BANDWAGON haha :P

TheMailman

Melbourne won last year as well.

*Odds for GC spoon skyrocket

penskifile

Haha so funny last night! A lot of bomber supporters been telling me they are top 4 for sure, got an easy run, blah blah. Bombers aren't as good as pies, WC or Hawks. They will make up the numbers in the finals.

Torpedo10

Quote from: penskifile on June 03, 2012, 12:39:07 PM
Haha so funny last night! A lot of bomber supporters been telling me they are top 4 for sure, got an easy run, blah blah. Bombers aren't as good as pies, WC or Hawks. They will make up the numbers in the finals.
I think you've been listening to Luke Darcy too much penskifile.  ::)

DazBurg

it was a great win to melbourne and hats off
i said it at work on tuesday that we will probably lose

after watching the bombers all year i have noticed the last 3 weeks
we have stopped being desperate for the ball

the most desperation last night from our players was in the last 5 mins
happened against GWS too but they on't have the legs to run our 4 qtrs yet
and happened against richmond we got a lead and stopped being first to the contest and being desperate until they hit the front then we got desperate again

essendon are coming along nicely but not as good as Darcy and co. say
this is proved by the fact that genuine great teams smash it week in week out
it doesn't matter weather you are playing first or last u don't expeted a win you have to earn it
something melbourne done and they deserver it and should enjoy it

bombers on the other hand need to take this as there wake up to get back to the genuine will for the contest or they will slide dramatically in the 2nd half of the year

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 03, 2012, 01:47:08 PM
But they are top 4 Torp. ??? Melbourne beat an Essendon side which was missing 150'000 players through injury.

pyronerd

Quote from: PowerBug on June 05, 2012, 04:21:52 PM
But they are top 4 Torp. ??? Melbourne beat an Essendon side which was missing 150'000 players through injury.
Exactly who are they missing? ???

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: pyronerd on June 05, 2012, 08:18:54 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 05, 2012, 04:21:52 PM
Exactly who are they missing? ???
Hille. Hibberd...... GUMBLETON!  8)

penskifile

Not sure was Darcy had to say Torp. I just have too many mates who barrack for Essendon

TheHanger

Quote from: Sid on June 02, 2012, 11:18:30 PM
You know what really pisses me off is that not once did I hear an Essendon supporter (outside the media) say we were a flag threat.

It was Luke Darcy and his band of tools that pumped us up, but now I'm going to cop it all week from people telling me I thought we were going to win the Premiership. Oh well.

Well done to Melbourne, outplayed, outcoached and adapted to the conditions far better than we did. Nice to finally see them get 4 points, even if it did cost me a life time of sadness and embarrassment.

So, Hawthorn, Carlton, Essendon - Who next?
first of all we were definitely not outcoached, I mean had the players played at their best ability no matter what Neeld did we would have smashed them. It was just Essendon believing they would 'turn it on' at some stage and then they fumbled everything they possibly could, whereas the Dees were soooo desperate they grabbed the ball like it was their baby.

Quote from: DazBurg on June 03, 2012, 01:58:09 PM
it was a great win to melbourne and hats off
i said it at work on tuesday that we will probably lose

after watching the bombers all year i have noticed the last 3 weeks
we have stopped being desperate for the ball

the most desperation last night from our players was in the last 5 mins
happened against GWS too but they on't have the legs to run our 4 qtrs yet
and happened against richmond we got a lead and stopped being first to the contest and being desperate until they hit the front then we got desperate again

essendon are coming along nicely but not as good as Darcy and co. say
this is proved by the fact that genuine great teams smash it week in week out
it doesn't matter weather you are playing first or last u don't expeted a win you have to earn it
something melbourne done and they deserver it and should enjoy it

bombers on the other hand need to take this as there wake up to get back to the genuine will for the contest or they will slide dramatically in the 2nd half of the year
really though not a single team has smashed it week in week out, every team has had shower weeks and Essendon is still a definite threat for top 4 (8 - 2)

why do idiots still think Hawks deserve premiership favouritism or even top 4 favouritism. they have had many more bad games than essendon and have been awful this year.

Torpedo10

Quote from: penskifile on June 06, 2012, 12:27:08 AM

Not sure was Darcy had to say Torp. I just have too many mates who barrack for Essendon
Ok, but fact is we beat WC. I believe Collingwood are flag Favorites but I still reckon Essendon are top 4 material although they might fall in the finals.  :)