Research Recruitment for Questionnaire (Meaningful Parent-Child Relationships)

Started by EveT, May 30, 2012, 10:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EveT

Did you experience shared care parenting arrangements when you were 13-18?
Help us find out what having a “meaningful relationship” with your parents actually mean!

If you are an 18-25 years old Australian citizen or permanent resident, who has OR has not experienced shared care parenting arrangements when you were 13-18, we are interested to hear what you have to say!

I am Evelyn Tan, a Master of Counselling Psychology student at La Trobe University. The recent amendment to the Family Law Act 1975 states that in determining the child’s best interests in a case of parental separation, one of the primary considerations is “the benefit to the child of having a meaningful relationship with both of the child’s parents” (Section 60CC 2(a)). The phrase ‘meaningful relationship’ is yet to be defined. As such, I am conducting research on how young adults understand this phrase. Findings of this research may help to improve the understanding of this phrase, such that it aids professionals and separated parents in their decision-making about parenting arrangements.

Participation in this research will involve the completion of a 20-minute online questionnaire. You will be eligible to go into a draw to win a pair of movie tickets. Participation is voluntary and your information will remain anonymous. This project has been approved by La Trobe University Human Ethics Committee.

If you would like to participate in this research, please go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/meaningfulrships. Please feel free to contact me at Evelyn.sytan(at)gmail.com if you have any questions. Please note that you have to have English as your first language to be able to participate.

------------------------
Posted with permission from ossie85 and Hellopplz.

ossie85

I missed the age bracket by a year, but as Stats man, I'm always for completing surveys. Recommend all you 18-25 yo complete it if eligible.

EveT

Thanks so much for the support, ossie! I really appreciate it!  :)

Shaggy

EveT

Shaggy

Should really display that in the original post, as while we have a fair few in that age group, a lot of us whom would be willing to assist would be outside it.

Myself, I am 27 (I think lol) so I just miss it but would relate pretty heavily.

ossie85

Quote from: Shaggy on May 30, 2012, 03:42:37 PM
Should really display that in the original post, as while we have a fair few in that age group, a lot of us whom would be willing to assist would be outside it.

Myself, I am 27 (I think lol) so I just miss it but would relate pretty heavily.

It is in the original post... always has been... Perhaps at 27 your eye sight is fading Shaggy ;)

elephants

Justin Bieber

AFEV

Justin Bieber

crabapples