WXV Round 10: Moscow eyes Mexico City

Started by ossie85, May 29, 2012, 02:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

7th v 8th on the ladder! Buenos Aires and Cape Town face off against each other, both with patchy form. In the top 4 not long ago, Cape Town have lost 3 of there last 4, while Buenos Aires have won its last 3. A loss will see there team drop out of the 8 with less than half the season left, a win and top 4 is still on the table.

The Warriors will be having nightmares about last weeks performance, as they choked on the big stage. Marc Murphy's loss is massive, and it doesn't get any easier facing off against the still undefeated Sao Paulo who were pushed all the way by Cape Town last week.

The Wolves won consecutive matches for the first time last week, and will be looking to make it 3 in a row against a Pacific Islander team realing from a terrible loss.

In my opinion, this is the match of the round. Moscow lost there first 4 matches, but are now on a 5 match winning streak posting a wealth of consistent scores. Mexico City would like to win this to keep pressure on Sao Paulo for top spot. If Mexico City lose this, and Sao Paulo beat Wellington, that almost guarantees the minor premiership for the Pumas.

The Brewers play 5 of there next 8 at home. Finals would be a miracle, they need to focus on avoiding the spoon. New York have also been struggling, and a lost would just about end finals hopes.

Amazingly, only 7 points separate the Royals (4th) and the Reindeers (18th). Amazing how things happen. PNL are not the worst team in competition, and a win is surely around the corner. However, the Royals won convincingly last week without a big contribution from Stanton. This will be tough.

Seoul are in crisis mode, finding themselves a win and percentage outside the 8. Dublin had a much needed win last week, but had only 2 players score over a century. If Seoul drop this match, expect heads to role.

New Delhi sit just outside the 8, Tokyo need to win to stay in contention. The Samurai have been close all year, and I think will use this week as a starting block towards the finals.

Cairo and Beijing were two of the highest scoring teams last week, Beijing's poor percentage basically puts them an extra game behind the four, while Cairo are 3 games outside the 8 with only 8 matches to play.

Round 10

Home Team   Score      Score   Away Team   Location

Buenos Aires Armadillos   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Cape Town Cobras   Estadio de River
Wellington Warriors   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Sao Paulo Pumas   The Basin Reserve
Toronto Wolves   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Pacific Islanders   Rogers Centre, Toronto
Moscow Spetsnaz   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Mexico City Suns   Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Berlin Brewers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   New York Eagles   Olympic Stadium, Berlin
London Royals   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers   Emierites
Seoul Magpies   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Dublin Destroyers   Seoul World Cup Stadium
New Delhi Tigers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Tokyo Samurai   Wipro Stadium, Nagpur
Cairo Sands   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Beijing Bears   Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria, Egypt

CrowsFan

Expecting a much better performance from the Warriors this week so not taking this as a guaranteed win. Good signs though with plenty of my forwards all in great form pushing for selection, whilst the return of Silvagni in defense has helped boost an area which had been lacking in recent weeks without Fisher or McMahon.

On another note, ossie what is happening in rounds 11, 12 and 13? You were saying that the AAP vs EurAsia thing is happening in rounds 12 and 13, but how exactly will that work? Also what is happening in round 11 or is that a bye? If you could clear this up that would be great :)

ossie85

No probs C4

Basically:

World XV Round 11 = AFL Round 11 + Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS, North, West Coast, Bulldogs score in Round 12

World XV Exhibition = Rest of AFL Round 12 + AFL Round 13

WXV Rounds 12-17 = AFL Rounds 14-19

WXV Finals = AFL Rounds 20-23

THIS is how SC/DT should have worked. FAR less problematic than 3 rounds which mean nothing.

CrowsFan

Thanks ossie :)

By the way, the name is CF not C4, I'm far less explosive ;)

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 29, 2012, 04:19:03 PM
Thanks ossie :)

By the way, the name is CF not C4, I'm far less explosive ;)

lol, sorry! Problem is "Four" starting with "F" and my "F"ragile little mind can't handle it lol

CrowsFan

Boomz

Nice to know someone thinks we can make the finals :o
Shuey out doesn't help my chances though >:(

ossie85

Deledio continues his stunning form, but there are far too many passengers in this side. Griffen is inconsistent, churning out 150s and then 70s not long after, which is why I'm extremely hesistant giving him the captaincy. Dangerfield is a little similar, but not to the same degree. Deledio meanwhile, has not dipped below 100.

Had tough choices this week for the back-line, with Eric Mackenzie, Matthew Scarlett and Nick Maxwell all making strong claims. I have decived to with Deledio, O'Brien, Gram, Yarran however, with Yarran's selection subject to fitness as he struggles to overcome his turf toe.

I think Jack Steven is my best selection this year, a whopping score last week, and an impressive AFL average of 100.44. I expect him to be a stable of my midfield for years to come. Joining him this week in my usual 6 person midfield is Griffen, Kelly, Gibbs, Bolton and Scully. Coniglio dropped to the reserves after failing to make the most of his chance.

The ruck is a very simply choice! Brent Renouf, who is playing injured, is my only reasonably fit ruckman. Good news that Dawson Simpson is starting to recover, and Big McEvoy is not too far away.

Forward line, led very impressively by Dangerfield is unchanged. I'm maintaining the faith Hayden Ballantyne, while Power and Davey have been solid.

Very preliminary team:

D: B Deledio (Capt), H O'Brien, J Gram, C Yarran

M: R Griffen (V-Capt), J Steven, J Kelly, B Gibbs

R: B Renouf

F: P Dangerfield, L Power, Alwyn Davey, H Ballantyne

I: J Bolton, T Scully

E: E Mackenzie, M Scarlett, C Dawes

In: C Yarran, J Kelly
Out: E Mackenzie (omitted), S Coniglio (omitted)

Seoul Magpies injury list:

Chris Yarran (Turf toe), TBA
Brent Macaffer (Knee), Season
Chris Dawes (Virus), Available
Lachlan Keefe (Knee), Season
Josh Thomas (Foot), Indefinite
Dawson Simpson (Back), Test
James Kelly (Calf), Test
Charlie Dixon (Cheek), Round 15
Brent Renouf (Finger), Available
Ben McEvoy (Knee), Round 12
Rhys Stanley (Hamstring), Round 12

Maca24

MEXICO CITY SUNS

Backs: B.Goddard (C), S.Burgoyne, M.Firrito, M.Mattner.
Mids: B.Howlett, J.Bartel, N.Foley, B.Ebert.
Rucks: A.Sandilands (VC)
Frwds: J.Lewis, P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, A.Didak.
Bench: I.Maric, K.Hardingham.
Emergencies: G.Ibbotson, D.Pfieffer, T.Milera.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Maca24 on May 30, 2012, 05:14:45 PM
MEXICO CITY SUNS

Backs: B.Goddard, S.Burgoyne, M.Firrito, G.Ibbotson.
Mids: L.Hodge, J.Bartel, N.Foley, B.Ebert.
Rucks: A.Sandilands
Frwds: M.Lecras, P.Chapman, A.Goodes, N.Riewoldt.
Bench: I.Maric, J.Lewis
Emergencies: J.Waite, B.Howlett, S.Gilbert

How it all should have been! :P

Would love it so much if you forgot to change it once teams were announced and that was actually your side for the round :P

Cookie Monster

Selection Dilemmas at the Royals will take a little longer than usuall for selection this week.

FisherSaints

CrowsFan

Can't believe Silvagni got dropped! Defense just got weaker again!! Fisher needs to use some deep heat and McMahon needs to take some flu tablets and get back on the field!

Cookie Monster

Backs: Robert Murphy (VC), Paul Bower, , Andrew Mackie, Brad Sheppard

Midfield: Brent Stanton (C) Brent Reilly, Jarrad Mcveigh, Danyle Pearce

Ruck: Tom Bellchambers

Fowards: Michael Hurley, Jeff Garlett, Chris Mayne, Luke Bruest

Int: Stephen Hill, Matthew Broadbent

Emg: Cale Morton - James Mcdonald - Richard Douglas

meow meow

Moscow Spetsnaz

B: Dustin Fletcher, James Frawley, Marty Clarke, Jason Blake
M: Tom Liberatore, Ben Sinclair, Shaun Higgins, Ryan Bastinac
R: Nic Naitanui