WOBBLERS ROOKS - ROUND 17 + ASK NOZ

Started by Colliwobblers, May 28, 2012, 11:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

it would probably have to be Murdoch just for that extra cash

Colliwobblers

*trade list for the week updated on front page 11pm Tuesday.

Noz

Rookies that could debut in the coming weeks.

Tom Sheridan (Fremantle): Pick 16 in last years draft and was named as a emergency last week. He has been in ripping form recently in the SANFL highlighting a 25 possession and kicking 2.2 from 9 marks a couple weeks back.

Cameron Sutcliffe (Fremantle): Had a best of field 34 possessions on the weekend, Guiding East Fremantle to a win, Could get a call up this weekend.

Lucas Cook (Melbourne): Close to getting a game last week and Melbourne couldn't do any worse kicked a couple goals on the weekend.

Tominator

Elliot Kavanagh from Essendon isn't too far away either - doing very well for Bendigo and was a first-round draft pick last year. Watch closely

Stephen Clifton from GWS may also get a run soon, especially with Shiel and Coniglio out

Justin Bieber

Looking for someone who will play the rest of the reason.

might get Clifton if named.

Locinator

Quote from: Noz on July 04, 2012, 01:19:07 AM
Rookies that could debut in the coming weeks.

Tom Sheridan (Fremantle): Pick 16 in last years draft and was named as a emergency last week. He has been in ripping form recently in the SANFL highlighting a 25 possession and kicking 2.2 from 9 marks a couple weeks back.

Tommy is a ripper. Had him in my team more most of the pre-season as a POD. Dropped him after not impressing in the NAB Cup but should be a Gun. Hope to see him next year though as i don't really need to do anymore downgrades

Justin Bieber

Tim Mcintye?

Got past you guys?!?!?!

Tominator

Quote from: whatlez on July 05, 2012, 02:35:10 PM
Tim Mcintye?

Got past you guys?!?!?!

I'm getting a feeling of deja vu with this guy... *cough cough* Tom Couch

Hope I'm wrong though!

Master Q

Noz

Tim Mcintye
Height: 176cm    Weight: 79kg
Junior Club: Corowa/Rutherglen
Previous Club: Murray Bushrangers, Corowa/Rutherglen
Price: ($85,800) FWD/MID

Background:
After being overlooked in the draft as a teenager, McIntyre moved from New South Wales to Adelaide in 2008 to further his career at SANFL club, Sturt. The move paid off last December, with the 22-year-old being added to the Crows’ rookie list. A strong-marking small forward or midfielder, McIntyre kicked 14 goals in a two-week purple patch with the Double Blues last season.
McIntyre played 13 games for Sturt in the SANFL last season, booting 25 goals, which included hauls of six and eight majors late in the year. As a junior, he was Murray Bushrangers' leading goalkicker in 2006 and represented NSW/ACT at the 2006 & 2007 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, playing seven games, averaging 18 disposals per match.

Verdict
Mcintyre has been in good form this year he is the leader goal kicker in the SANFL with 30 goals from 11 matches. He will play this week with a chance to hold his spot in the coming weeks to cover losses to the likes of Patrenko, Callinan and Walker. He played in the NAB cup and looked promising with 7 touches amongst 31 DT points against Port. I think he can find a spot in the Crows forward line and will give good coverage as a mature aged rookie, Callinan did it last year Mcintyre can do it this year.  Scoring potential 40-60

Links
http://www.afc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4417/newsid/128989/default.aspx
http://www.afc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4417/newsid/127143/default.aspx
http://www.afc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4417/newsid/140586/default.aspx

Noz

Jackson Allen
Height: 179cm    Weight: 75kg
Previous Club: Morningside QLD
Price: ($98,700) DEF/MID

Background:
The Gold Coast Suns signed Jackson Allen as a Queensland Zone player prior to the 2011 AFL Draft. Allen was a shining light in this year's state under-18 team and cut his teeth at the senior level with Morningside in the NEAFL competition.
Allen represented Queensland at the 2011 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, playing four games with his second game his best, finishing with 30 disposals (including 24 kicks), 12 marks, 25 uncontested possessions, five rebound 50s and four inside 50s.
He also won the 2009 Alan McLean Medal awarded to the MVP in division two at the NAB AFL Under-16 Championships, ranking equal-No.1 at that carnival for inside 50s, equal second in contested possessions and third in hardball-gets. Allen trained with Gold Coast in the 2011 pre-season and was used as a top-up player in the NEAFL side last season.

Verdict:
Last Week, Allen played along the half back line and was named 2nd best player on the ground, Has been named multiple times in the best throughout the season and I'm surprised he didn't debut early on. Allen has elite kicking and could probably be one of the best kickers in the Gold Coast team. I see him playing the rest of the season he is a good player and right now the Suns couldn't do any worse. Scoring range 60-70 (His elite kicking will be gold in DT)

Tominator

great write up on both players mate, but Jackson Allen looks about 15 aha

Do you see Allen as a good downgrade option for (e.g.) Shaw or Darley?

I think that this late in the year you could only grab one not both of them

Noz

Thanks mate  :)

I really like Allen, I had him in my pre season team for a while but took him out. I would look at him as a downgrade option before Mcintyre as i can see Allen lasting out the year. He is a strong chance to get the vest this week as he can impact a game which probably won't matter this week against Geelong as the game will be over at half time. Look at him next week and make a decision but he looms as a great downgrade target. His kicking is elite will be a joy to watch over the years.

TofReyes

Looking for a midfield rookie who's most likely to play rounds 20-23. I know it's a tough one to call and most people would suggest Murdoch at this stage, but Geelong rookies haven't been playing very consistently so far so I'm a little unsure. I was hoping to get an opinion on Miles, Clifton, Tom Mitchell or even if Morabito is likely to get a game this season.

chrisuzz

Jake Spencer as a Ruck downgrade? What do you think about that one?