Supercoach easier than dreamteam.

Started by love4thegame, May 28, 2012, 09:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4thegame

Long time dreamteam player, ranked 3000th and battling hard.
First year supercoach player not really focusing on it, put the team together at the last minute, ranked 578th. Is this a commen trend or purely lucky choices??

jaffa35

Oh sure, real easy..... everyone just chucks a team togehter don't they? and are ranked sub 1000.

GoLions

I'd say maybe a few lucky choices...
I'm the exact opposite almost.
First time DTer, ranked around 6000 and didn't look at my team first 3 weeks, so could've been a bit higher as I had some rookies not playing.
Around my 4th or 5th year SC, got hit big time by injuries (Leuenberger, Mumford, Fyfe, Dempsey, Ablett, Sandilands, Naitanui, Shaw). lol.
Finished 3000ish in SC last year and a lot worse than that this year. IMO DT is a bit easier, BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION!

love4thegame

I'm thinking lucky too, haha kinda good to shut up the cocky blokes at work planning on giving me a flogging ;)

Fenno

Na im with you. I put heaps of time into my DT and threw a SC together last min and still only check it once a week where as I am looking at my DT what seems like every spare minute of my day. I am currently ranked slightly better in DT-564 but my SC is 589 and I couldn't care less about it. Im nearly embarrassed to say I have a SC

love4thegame

Quote from: Fenno on May 28, 2012, 10:53:08 PM
Na im with you. I put heaps of time into my DT and threw a SC together last min and still only check it once a week where as I am looking at my DT what seems like every spare minute of my day. I am currently ranked slightly better in DT-564 but my SC is 589 and I couldn't care less about it. Im nearly embarrassed to say I have a SC
I think people from dreamteam have had it for years and a lot of people study hard to be good st it where as people just follow the craze and play supercoach like every other Tom, d*ck and Harry which makes it a less competitive game

quinny88

This is a load of rubbish.
In no way can you consider SC to be easier than DT?
It accounts for so many more factors to determine scoring and therefore how to pick your players more wisely.

I play both but I consider SC far trickier and harder to complete a side.
It seemed you could afford one extra prem in DT than you could in SC and now I am 1 position away from completing my DT side with 12 trades remaining whereas in SC I have 12 trades and still 3 positions to fill.

If its true what you say your ranking is and you put little effort into it then its nothing more than luck and will probably unravel in the second half of the year

love4thegame

Quote from: quinny88 on May 30, 2012, 01:47:46 AM
This is a load of rubbish.
In no way can you consider SC to be easier than DT?
It accounts for so many more factors to determine scoring and therefore how to pick your players more wisely.

I play both but I consider SC far trickier and harder to complete a side.
It seemed you could afford one extra prem in DT than you could in SC and now I am 1 position away from completing my DT side with 12 trades remaining whereas in SC I have 12 trades and still 3 positions to fill.

If its true what you say your ranking is and you put little effort into it then its nothing more than luck and will probably unravel in the second half of the year
with super coach the only methods I used was 'good players score well'. Dt is different where showerter players can be guns. As for unravelling I still have traded well my team will barely cop 0 throughout the byes, nearly completed team with 14 trades. I'm not a noob in fantasy land my friend ;) it was only a matter of time before the super coach faithful got around this post haha. I'm just biased to the original and official game

Samm79

They are essentially the same game, just different parameters. Starting prices are reflective of their previous seasons scores in both comps and finding value keepers and the best rookies is key to both. Getting sucked into an argument of which one is better is a mugs game, their both great!

As Gary Player the famous golfer was quoted as saying "the more I practice the luckier I get". The same applies with fantasy footy, the more research you put in, the better the outcome, generally... Neither game is easier than the other, for the top 5% of players it mostly comes down to luck, and a couple of key decisions early on.

Both forms are enjoyable in their own right, DT you get to watch a game and go 'kick for my player (don't care where it goes), cool, points!'

SC you go 'kick out the full, fark it!!' and 'hard ball get, long kick, finds leading forward who then goals, AWESOME, mega points.'  ;)

prettyboy

supercoach seems harder, but it's actually easier.
755th on supercoach and my dream team overall is too embarrassing to say... but I am still in the eliminator with 15 trades left.

PICCOLLO

Quote from: love4thegame on May 28, 2012, 09:29:02 PM
Long time dreamteam player, ranked 3000th and battling hard.
First year supercoach player not really focusing on it, put the team together at the last minute, ranked 578th. Is this a commen trend or purely lucky choices??

My 3rd year supercoach and first year dreamteam. Top 1% dt and scraping in At 20,000 in sc.  If you look at stats, you can be just as good at both.  I prefer sc mind you.

glam77

agree with OP.

long time Dter, first time SC.

Sitting well within top 1% of SC, and usally around to 5-10% of DT.

i actually think it's easier to pick which players are more effective, get clearances etc...  cos there are players knwon for that, whereas DT bascially just goes on possession.

Prime example someone like Judd (avge DT 95, avg SC 111)

coolfugitiv0

Interesting fact.
I scored 200 more points in SC than DT this week. Ranked around 10k for the week in DT. Ranked 20k for the week in SC.
Hmmmmm.

GoLions

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on June 04, 2012, 07:28:14 PM
Interesting fact.
I scored 200 more points in SC than DT this week. Ranked around 10k for the week in DT. Ranked 20k for the week in SC.
Hmmmmm.
Yeah I scored 37 more points in SC than I did in DT. 68k difference in weekly rank. Could've scored so much better though, changed captains from gaj-->beams in DT, and gaj--> sidebum in SC. Never again. Ended up with scores in the 2100-2200 range :/

betch ya

SC more involved, DT easier to watch for - too busy worrying about my players getting a kick let alone an effective one lol