Main Menu

DANGERFIELD!

Started by DG, May 28, 2012, 12:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

well not every forward- It's not practical for the really big key forwards to play mids. Basically, over like 190cm, and you're really tall for a mid, and probably don't have the agility to play midfield. Like, there's no midfielder over 195cm.

crabapples

Yeh thats true jobe and pendles r the only 2 i can think of not counting goodes and pav.

I was more trying to point to the fact that every player on the ground will pretty much go with the play.

McRooster

Quote from: crabapples on May 31, 2012, 11:09:45 PM
Yeh thats true jobe and pendles r the only 2 i can think of not counting goodes and pav.

I was more trying to point to the fact that every player on the ground will pretty much go with the play.
Danger measures up against Jobe and Pendles, size wise.

Patrick is more core strength and brutal attack, Jobe and Pendles are smarter and classier,  - beware it is something Danger will learn and add to his armory.

I bet though if Marc Murphy had a choice of the three to ram into his collarbone, he wouldn't pick Danger  ;)

tbagrocks

I remember Craig saying "Paddy will be the prototype of an AFL player for the next 10 years"

really Paddy is learning and he could be anything! skys the limit

Ziplock

dangers actually a touch smaller than pendles and jobe, and even they're only just over 190cm lol.

AFEV

Quote from: Ziplock on June 01, 2012, 12:18:46 AM

dangers actually a touch smaller than pendles and jobe, and even they're only just over 190cm lol.
Fev and Lloyd were only just over 190cm.

Ziplock

yeah... which means they were just tall enough to be big forwards

they were both also multiple coleman medalists- why would they be moved to the mids?

the argument wasnt that tall players couldnt be mids, it was that they're less likely to be mids over the size of about 190cm.

and it had nothing to do with shorter key forwards being less viable... just the shorter you are the harder it's going to be as a big forward, the taller you are the harder its going to be as a mid (after a certain point obviously)
apart from fev and lloyd, both at around 192 cm odd, the other coleman medalists in the last 15 years have been
franklin- 196
riewoldt- 195
brown- 195
gehrig- 195
neitz- 193
cummings- 196
lockett- 191

not that that really has much to do with anything lol.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on June 01, 2012, 12:43:46 AM
yeah... which means they were just tall enough to be big forwards

they were both also multiple coleman medalists- why would they be moved to the mids?

the argument wasnt that tall players couldnt be mids, it was that they're less likely to be mids over the size of about 190cm.

and it had nothing to do with shorter key forwards being less viable... just the shorter you are the harder it's going to be as a big forward, the taller you are the harder its going to be as a mid (after a certain point obviously)
apart from fev and lloyd, both at around 192 cm odd, the other coleman medalists in the last 15 years have been
franklin- 196
riewoldt- 195
brown- 195
gehrig- 195
neitz- 193
cummings- 196
lockett- 191

better add to that Taylor Walker- 192... cos he'll win the colman ;)

crabapples

what about sandi, paddy ryder, nic nat,goldstein, are they midfeilders ? :P

CrowsFan

No they are ruckmen ???

crabapples

I was just bein a smartass, theyre still midfielders though i reckon

AFEV

Quote from: Ziplock on June 01, 2012, 12:43:46 AM
Haha yeah I just thought I'd chuck it in there.

elephants

Michael Barlow and Jack Darling are both 191cm. Never would have picked that.

Ziplock

I think the 190 markish is kind of the point where you can either play as a midfielder or a tall forward :P

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on June 04, 2012, 05:16:29 PM
I think the 190 markish is kind of the point where you can either play as a midfielder or a tall forward :P

Yep ;D