Main Menu

Structure Issues

Started by Cicjose, May 27, 2012, 09:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggy

You are already predictable.

no eye deer

MTTY

I really like the concept of the thread Cic.

Mind if i do a similar thing for the Dees?

Cicjose

MTTY

Quote from: Cicjose on May 30, 2012, 11:01:51 PM
be my guest 8)

Cheers Cic.

Happy to give my opinion on Freo, if you'd like?

Cicjose

thats what this threads about lol

MTTY

Ok then

B - Michael Johnson   Zac Dawson   Alex Silvagni

HB - Paul Duffield     Luke McPharlin    Adam McPhee

C -  Nathan Fyfe     Greg Broughton   Stephen Hill     

HF - Chris Mayne    Matthew Pavlich    Clancee Pearce

F -  Jay van Berlo      Zac Clarke         Hayden Ballantyne

R - Aaron Sandilands   Michael Barlow   David Mundy

I/C - Matthew de Boer   Tendai Mzungu   Anthony Morabito

Sub - Nick Lower

EMER - Lachie Neale  Dylan Roberton  Kepler Bradley

Tall backline i know but all play their individual parts. McPhee can lock down on both smalls and talls, Dawson has a good knack of being able to limit goals for his opponent, McPharlin one of the best close checking key backs in the comp, Silvagni very good from the few games i have seen and needs to be developed as McPharlin's replacement and finally MJ in form, great running ability and a solid marker/mover (particularly in an uncontested situation). With all of the talls playing lockdown roles it allows Broughton to play midfield while also giving Duffield free reins to play his best role as a running back setting up the play.

The midfield does lack pace but from what i have seen this year, when Broughton plays in the middle Fremantle look significantly faster when moving the ball around. Hill once again attempts to increase pace in the midfield but as you know taggers get to him. I love Fyfe's quick hands and ability to maneuver the ball through and around players (feel he could be better used as an inside player but Broughton does add the speed factor as a inside man). Bot Barlow and Mundy are workhorses that tend to lack pace, but still do their jobs every week in and around the contests when they are at their best they are a lethal combo.

Pavlich as the leading man from the forwardline, even though i prefer him at FF as the target, i think Fremantle need him to play at CHF so he can push into the middle and help out the on ballers. For FF it came down to Bradley or Clarke, of which i prefer Clarke through his greater awarness and skills on the ball. You may question me with the pick of van Berlo but i think he works well as a small forward, applies pressure, solid tackler, good shot for goal and has good speed.

de Boer adds hardness coming off the bench and the ability to tag an opposition player. Mzungu is quite possibly one of the flexible positional players in the competition as he can play anywhere including as a tagger. Morabito another speedy and classy player to add pace around the midfield and forward line.

Nick Lower or Lachie Neale as the sub. Both of them have the ability to impact the game as a fresh man in different ways. Lower as more of a hard type player, while Neale adds youth and skill. For me Neale needs a little more experience before gaining and keeping a top 22 spot.

CrowsFan

Why'd Silvagni get dropped this week? I thought he had played well last week against the Eagles

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 31, 2012, 07:49:05 PM
Why'd Silvagni get dropped this week? I thought he had played well last week against the Eagles

I dont know but I wasnt too shocked as Lyon did say we were too tall down back with not much run

Beard

Giving Freo's midfield a D is harsh. I think that they have a decent midfield, especially compared to other clubs.

The real weakness for Freo IMO is the defense. Key-shutdown big men are lacking. 

valkorum

Quote from: Beard on May 31, 2012, 08:51:08 PM
Giving Freo's midfield a D is harsh. I think that they have a decent midfield, especially compared to other clubs.

The real weakness for Freo IMO is the defense. Key-shutdown big men are lacking.

Have you actually watched a Freo game - the defense is the best part of the team.  McPharlin in brilliant form, Dawson is doing a job, McPhee been great and M Johnson in career best form.

Beard

Dawson is horrible, McPhee couldn't hold off a guy like NRoo. I agree that Johnson is doing good, but he's a connecting player along with Duffield and Broughton.

valkorum

Quote from: Beard on May 31, 2012, 10:09:57 PM
Dawson is horrible, McPhee couldn't hold off a guy like NRoo. I agree that Johnson is doing good, but he's a connecting player along with Duffield and Broughton.

McPhee isnt playing on the likes of NRoo - why would he when we have McPharlin (IMO should have been AA CHB over Reid).   Dawson is playing good as a lock down, he just spoils it when he tries to link up.  So I ask again, what games have you been watching?

Beard

Quote from: valkorum on June 01, 2012, 12:17:01 PM
Quote from: Beard on May 31, 2012, 10:09:57 PM

McPhee isnt playing on the likes of NRoo - why would he when we have McPharlin (IMO should have been AA CHB over Reid).   Dawson is playing good as a lock down, he just spoils it when he tries to link up.  So I ask again, what games have you been watching?

They leaked 84 to WCE when they could only manage 36
119 to the Hawks
The did manage to keep Port quiet (but it's Port)
They have away 87 to GCFC

Just to show a few. I think I know what games I've been watching

valkorum

So did you also know that before the Hawks and Eagles game the Dockers defense was the least scored against in the comp.

The defense for the first 7 rounds was

Suban/Spurr, Dawson, Duffield
McPhee, McPharlin, Johnson