Main Menu

Greatest Modern Day Win

Started by TheHanger, May 25, 2012, 11:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHanger

Any other options???
IMO the best win was over the saints to stop them from  beating Essendon 2000's winning streak

Opt 1: Defeated unbeaten Saints, who were hot premiership favourites, stopping Saints from equaling Essendon 2000's winning streak

Opt 2: Matthew Lloyd described it as the best win he had been involved in (won a flag aswell remember!)

Opt 3: No introduction required. ZAHARAKIS!!!

Opt 4: Michael Hurley BOG and Matty Lloyd knocks out Brad Sewell, as Essendon launches a second half comeback to reach the finals for the first time since 2004

Opt 5: Essendon breaks a long losing streak against best team of modern era in red hot form to get its season back on track

Opt 6: Essendon smashes premiership favourite Carlton and sets them on a downhill spiral that may just ruin their season.

does anyone believe there were any other great wins I have missed?

McRooster

Opt. 7 - Preliminary Final 1993, Essendon 7 goals down at half time...and below is the result  >:(

Preliminary Final
Home team   Score   Away team   Score   Venue   Attendance   Date
Adelaide   14.16 (100)   Essendon   17.9 (111)   MCG   76,380   Saturday, 18 September

Nearly 20 years of therapy and I'm still not over it  :'(

flower you Graham Cornes.

TheHanger

Quote from: McRooster on May 26, 2012, 12:20:52 AM
Opt. 7 - Preliminary Final 1993, Essendon 7 goals down at half time...and below is the result  >:(

Preliminary Final
Home team   Score   Away team   Score   Venue   Attendance   Date
Adelaide   14.16 (100)   Essendon   17.9 (111)   MCG   76,380   Saturday, 18 September

Nearly 20 years of therapy and I'm still not over it  :'(

flower you Graham Cornes.

looking for more, last 5-10 years, I wasn't even born then!!!

DazBurg

best ever was the one i was at the one in 2001 against the kangaroos

i remember being there with one of my best mates and his younger brother
his younger brother was a cats supporter but come just for fun

Qtr scores

Essendon 2.3
Kangaroos 12.1

his sitting there telling us we are done we are finished we are telling him to shut his little mouth..lol
but for some weird reason weather it be dumb hope or just not wanting to give up i remember
both me and my mate saying it's ok we will come back
and what a comeback it was

HT scores
Essendon 12.4
Kangaroos 16.1

3 Qtr time

Essendon 19.8
Kangaroos 22.4

Final Score

Essendon 27.9
Kangaroos 25.9

now i know you probably meant more recent time but just could not go past that one

and Roost that was a beauty of a game too ;)

roo boys!

^^Was waiting for that to come up ::) :'(

I'd have to say the Bomber's best win I've witnessed was in Round 13 2011.

pyronerd

Quote from: DazBurg on May 26, 2012, 12:35:41 AM

Qtr scores

Essendon 2.3
Kangaroos 12.1

his sitting there telling us we are done we are finished we are telling him to shut his little mouth..lol
but for some weird reason weather it be dumb hope or just not wanting to give up i remember

HT scores
Essendon 12.4
Kangaroos 16.1

3 Qtr time

Essendon 19.8
Kangaroos 22.4

Final Score

Essendon 27.9
Kangaroos 25.9

now i know you probably meant more recent time but just could not go past that one

despite the fact that I am neither a Bombers or Roos supporter, that is the first game of AFL football I can remember watching on TV, got to 69 points down early in the 2nd qtr didn't they?

Cookie Monster

Quote from: pyronerd on May 26, 2012, 11:30:20 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on May 26, 2012, 12:35:41 AM

Qtr scores

Essendon 2.3
Kangaroos 12.1

HT scores
Essendon 12.4
Kangaroos 16.1

3 Qtr time

Essendon 19.8
Kangaroos 22.4

Final Score

Essendon 27.9
Kangaroos 25.9

despite the fact that I am neither a Bombers or Roos supporter, that is the first game of AFL football I can remember watching on TV, got to 69 points down early in the 2nd qtr didn't they?
Correct.

My brother my dad and i were at this game, and my brother was crying at Qtr Time wanting to go home.

But nothing can go past the 2000 Grand Final after the season we had.

For the past 5 years.

Essendon vs West Coast + Sydney 2007 - the 2 grand finalists and we beat them both by 1 point.

tbagrocks

that Anzac win come from behind to beat a high flying magpie, that was frantic, great!

Ziplock

what about greatest modern day defeats?

although I suppose all those will be topped tonight when GWS steamrolls your pretending ass.

TheHanger

2001 and 2000 are a different era in my opinion

bomberboy0618

Greatest year that Ive seen was 2009 without a doubt.
Best win was Rd 22 IMO, loved that game.

coolfugitiv0

My two favourites were ANZAC, '09, and last year against Geelong.
I was at both games (so maybe a little bias :P) but both were fantastic wins.

big_cox21

i was at the roos game with my dad and my dads best mate and his son. at quarter time dad says you wanna go home mate, jokingly, but me being young and stupid i said ''its only the first quarter time'. i did not realise the magnitude of what was happening i just new that there were 3 more quarters and though why couldnt we win? hahaha it was amazing

but for me it has to be anzac day zaharakis special. i was watching it on tv as i was away for easter with the family and i remember being in our motel room jumping and running around the room with my little brother just going absolutely off my head at the epic come back. and the fact that we made our push just as it started to rain was unreal

big_cox21

actually just youtubed the last 10 minutes of the anzac day game and i recomend all bomber fans to do it. just awesome, look completely goe then lovett makes the play that sparks the fight back with a run from defensive 50 arc to offensive 50 arc and jetta slots a goal, also jetta had a shot at winning the game but the rain forced him to fumble and it looked like we wasted our chance but we score like 15 seconds after the kick in haha just awesome, also clutch goal by r.dyson on the boundary. go and re live it its great

Shaggy

Bah the Anzac game was fixed. Rocco got robbed.