tactics

Started by bunyip, February 07, 2010, 10:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

Lets face it, we can speculate and play with our team all we want, but none of us are going to finalize our team until the night before round one for a lot of reasons, poor pre-season form and injuries the main two. I am more interested in tactics at this stage, and I would like to have a look at the team that won it last year, how it looked in round 1 and the team that won the GF. The winner last year said he started off slowly and made some good trades during the season, and therein I think lies the key, how you use your trades :-\

Resch

Get the prospectus - has the full story.

Starting team was:

Def Fisher, Goddard, Chad, Lockyer, Adcock, Raines, Petrenko (Cheney, Suban)
Mid Bartel, Ablett, Swan, Kane, Rich, Otten (Robinson, Anthony)
Ruc Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)
Fwd Deledio, Franklin, Chappy, Higgins, Skipworth, Krakouer, Ziebell (Brown, Walker)

Bold = keepers

A typical team if you had done your research. 

Of course using your trades is the key - but getting the team mostly right at the beginning is also a key.  There is also luck.....

bunyip

I think it's about 90% luck Resch. Don't the rucks just stand out. Also a center line with both Ablett and Swan. You've got to get over 47000 points to win this, that's over 2000 each week, a big ask an any language. If your captain can get 300 points as Ablett was able to do sometimes you still need your lesser players to get 80 or 90 most weeks. It seems to me you have to be lucky enough to pick up some cheep players that come of age, like Daniel Rich. Only you need about 4 or 5 of them. geeez, a guy could get a headache trying to get his head around this ??? 

Justin Bieber

i suck at dreamteam.  :P. i just pick guys i hear will have good years and players i like. last year worked ok for me as i finished top 20,000.  ;D. never spend too much time on my team for dt.

depends on luck as bunyip said.