Bye Rounds

Started by Davey_4_PM, May 20, 2012, 10:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey_4_PM

Is it expected from everyone that there will be a few donuts in every team for these rounds? Thoughts?

GoLions

I would say unless you want to burn a lot of trades, you're gonna be eating a couple.

JamSainter

Oh yeah.
My tactic is to not trade at all during the bye rounds.
If I hold true to this plan I will have a minimum 8 donuts over the 3 weeks. But I'll have 3-9 extra trades on people.

Locinator

Using 5 trades over the byes copping 1 donut in all rounds. Its all in the planning though. I could have had 3 donuts in round 12 but instead decided to try to spread them out.

Davey_4_PM

I'm hoping 1-2 Donuts for each week. That a bit unachieveable?

Ringo

Depending on strategies you can have as many as 9 donuts for byes or as few as 2 all in the planning.  It is dependent on what your goal is so if for leagues only and well placed in leagues you can afford to "tank" in one of the bye rounds to keep your team set.

Nyn

At this stage barring injury. I will be Going 5-1-1 while using 5 trades.

Davey_4_PM

So basically Ringo its all about planning?

Ringo

Quote from: Davey_4_PM on May 21, 2012, 10:29:06 AM
So basically Ringo its all about planning?
Yea correct planning through bye weeks may see you rise or fall.  My bye strategy went out the window with LTI's so working on a plan B at the moment involving tanking in one round but keeping a good prem team together. If you get through the bye rounds with 4 or less donuts imo you will make ground on the rest of the field.

Davey_4_PM

Well I'm currently ranked 1600 overall in supercoach and I want to maintain my ranking through the bye rounds. So a max of 2-3 donuts and I can maintain that overall?

Ringo

Quote from: Davey_4_PM on May 22, 2012, 12:50:22 PM
Well I'm currently ranked 1600 overall in supercoach and I want to maintain my ranking through the bye rounds. So a max of 2-3 donuts and I can maintain that overall?
I would expect that if you can get through with that you may even move up a little. With that rating you should be giving me the advice but well done on the rating.

Davey_4_PM

I would expect that if you can get through with that you may even move up a little. With that rating you should be giving me the advice but well done on the rating.
[/quote]

Well if I can maintain that overall. I'll be happy. Thanks mate  :) I've been a bit lucky with injuries and timing of rookies thank god.  ;D

Blues17

Quote from: Davey_4_PM on May 22, 2012, 12:50:22 PM

Just looked at top few teams. If you maintain that you will definitely move up. I'd say maybe even crack 1000. assuming no injuries or captain failures

Capper

i had planned to get 3 donuts in R11 and then use 6 trades in R12 and 13. But due to injuries to Pendles, Shaw and Goodes and Spurr, Horsley, Bower and Smedts being dropped/rested things arent looking good

Davey_4_PM

Was ranked 635 overall last week. This week i'm 2000! :(