what is the worst sport to watch on tv

Started by blue, May 19, 2012, 02:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue

im up late had a few beers love sport and watching the tigers woarriors nrl game thinking afl is so much more exciting and how much more skill is involved, but then on the other hand im glad im not watching baseball. so im going to put it out there baseball is the worst sport to watch on tv or is v8 supercars or golf. no i think its baseball, would like too know what others think

tbagrocks

yeah baseball takes the cake imo, stupid yankee's

Jay

lawn bowls...actually yeah baseball is shower

PowerBug

Every sport can be exciting if you are watching the right teams/drivers/players. It all depends on who is playing.

But yeah baseball is pretty crap.

BlackMamba

For me, baseball is like watching 100 miss swings before I see bat to ball. Such a drainer lol.

crabapples

Olympic walking lol .. Pretty funny though

Jukes

Yeah all endurance sports (cycling, marathons etc.) are all mega boring.

Jay

Quote from: Jukes on May 20, 2012, 09:46:14 PM
i dont mind a bit of Tour de France myself :)

elephants

Baseball is good, its golf or cycling that gets me.

Capper

i am a true tragic. I will have any sport on tv whilst i am gaming as background noise.

I watch most sports but not a massive baseball or basketball fan.

Synchronized swimming or any swiiming event over 8 laps that doesnt have Perkins in it are my pet hates

Doyle

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on May 20, 2012, 09:46:14 PM

i actually dont mind watching them, the sport i most hate is nascar, dirving around in a circle isnt that appealing for me. The only marginally interesting thing that happens is a crash.

blue

nascar is good, but im not sure if i agree with it. couple of weeks ago marcus ambrose was 2 laps down in about 30 spot,there was a crash, yellow flag and he didn't pit, gets him back 1 lap, then they give him a wave around to get him on the lead lap and he finishes in top 10 ( wins heaps of cash and didn't look like it the whole race ). they could just cut it down to a 10 lap free for all

Torpedo10

Golf. Tour De France is great, especially with Cadel Evans always near front.  ;D

valkorum

Quote from: blue on May 23, 2012, 04:35:33 PM
nascar is good, but im not sure if i agree with it. couple of weeks ago marcus ambrose was 2 laps down in about 30 spot,there was a crash, yellow flag and he didn't pit, gets him back 1 lap, then they give him a wave around to get him on the lead lap and he finishes in top 10 ( wins heaps of cash and didn't look like it the whole race ). they could just cut it down to a 10 lap free for all

He got the wave around cos he was the 1st placed car 1 lap behind the leaders.  They do this at every yellow flag.  It's actually a pretty cool rule as it gets more cars involved in the race and doesnt let it just become a bore fest like the F1 where its the same 2 - 4 cars winning every race - being a mile ahead of anyone else.