Help my mate, please!

Started by Chelskiman, May 16, 2012, 05:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelskiman

My mate is in a bit strife, so I figured if anyone can help him it would be you guys.  He's most likely not going to make the top 8 (he's in my league and I actually play him this week) with 5 losses in a row, but he has at least identified that he needs some help and is aiming to get his team back on track and pick up a few wins for the second half of the year.

Quote22 Trades - $49,700 in the bank

Deledio, Goddard, Birchall, Mohr, Simpkin, Thornton, Smedts -- Buntine, Andreoli
Swan, Thompson, Selwood, Hayes, Abblett, Pfeiffer -- Sheil, Sheridan
Cox, Roughead -- Stephenson, Phillips
Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Brown, Treloar, Zorko, Haynes -- Kerridge, Sexton

The mids and rucks are fine for now, but I think the backs and forwards need a lot of attention over the coming weeks.

Jukes

That team is a disgrace, just tell him to stop playing dream team. Did he do any research at all? Simpkin, Thornton, Buntine, Andreoli, Sheridan, Phillips, Haynes and Sexton are all horrific picks.

Chelskiman

It's his first year playing, so nope.  As I said, he's just looking for a bit of advice as he's new to DT.

rider

Which of the bellow are most likely to get a game eventually?

Simpkin, Thornton, Buntine, Andreoli, Sheridan, Phillips, Haynes and Sexton

Any others?

I'd start by trading the no chancers to rookies that are playing and still have growth, like Horsely, Adams this round and then Ellis and someone else next round. He will have to be very patient, but once he has all positions playing he can look at down/upgrading, and then hopefully some of the above bolds come back and play.

best of all he tell him a couple of the sites like this one and he can start next years preseason with a better team.

HappyDEZ

At this stage definitely trade out 2 non-playing rooks for 2 basement price playing rooks on the bubble. Probs 1 back & 1 forward. With that leaving 20 trades to go not all hope is lost of a Div. 2 premiership tilt cos he does have some good premos.

Chelskiman

Bump!  Would love some more advice, fellas. :)

Jalapeno

i think he needs to start grabbing rookies like spurr, zorko and hopefully couch soon :/ haha and get rid of goodes for beams or chappy. just for a start anyways :)

thatguy

Quote from: Chelskiman on May 16, 2012, 08:06:52 PM
You're a very caring friend... I hope this isn't your team in disguise!

Jalapeno

Quote from: thatguy on May 16, 2012, 08:12:17 PM
hahahahaha

The_Captain

Tell him to burn all his trades and change all those players... will take 6 weeks before that team is even classified as a proper dream team..

Chelskiman

Quote from: thatguy on May 16, 2012, 08:12:17 PM

Haha, nah my team is number 87 in the Fanfooty Group. :P

Bones Bombers

Step 1: a mid premo to Horse, Haynes to Spurr moving Smedts forward.
Need cash for step 2.

Step 2: Goodes to Zaka, Treloar to Sidey or Chappy or similar.

Haven't done any sums to back it up cos I'm not as caring as you.
Will keep looking and get back with some more steps if I can think of them.

The_Captain

need more than 2 steps thats for sure..

owenbond007

Id down sheil to horse first, his still got 200k more in him. Goodes to T.Adams. That should free some cash next week. The week later id look to bring in a r13 premo in the backs or forwards cause his screwed in that round come the byes. Your mate will be lucky to get a win for the next 3/4 weeks will prob lose r 13 with 9/10 loses id say there is no hope in hell of him making the 8 unless everyone else in the league is mentally challenged.

Bones Bombers

With those 2 steps it is at least possible to have 22 players scoring!
Just need Thornton, Simpkin etc to get a game as they have played.